Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElvenShadow

Arc Revolution Cup (Japan)

This tournament series deserves its own thread, so I made one.

For those who didn't hear, Arc System Works has its own SBO style tournament series this year! There will be regional quals and everything, but the difference is that all tournaments are singles tournaments. The featured games are GGXXACPR, BBCP, and P4A.

http://arc-revo-cup.jp/

I plan to attend many qualifiers!

Let's discussion!

How big are the tournies supposed to be? Like 128man qualified? Also does the site mention anything about streaming possibilities yet?

Still kind of surprised it's all singles given the seeming popularity of team tournies in Japan. Hopefully it will be available to be watched by NA. Good luck with the quals!

If you look at the site, there are multiple blocks for each region. If you click on schedule you will see a map of Japan. Just click the region you want to see and there will be a list of blocks (each containing usually about 3 quals, with the last quals also having the block final). The process is just like SBO. If you win a block you go to the final event in May which will be held in Tokyo. Since quals will be held at several different arcades around Japan, streaming for individual qualifier tournaments would depend on each arcade. The final event will probably be streamed.

This applies to all 3 games (GG, BB, P4A) and the lists are on the same page but separated.

The first qualifier for GG is this weekend in Tokyo. I already went and preregistered for it last weekend just to make sure I can enter for sure since many arcades will probably have a cap on how many people can enter each qual.

Well there be a block for American players like last year?

I go to Machida and play arcade games there and I want to join in the BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma tournament (I think Machida is in Zama City). Will there be any tournaments going be held there? I went to the official website but I can't read Japanese.

Yes, there is a tournament in Machida, Tokyo for BB on March 10th. Here is the information. If you plug the address into google maps I am sure you can find it.

キャッツアイ町田店

[bBCP]3月10日

[P4U]4月6日

[GGACPR]4月7日

Address: 東京都町田市原町田4-4-7三経35ビル3F

TEL:042-710-8800

I am confused though since you said Zama City which seems to be in Kanagawa. Is Machida the name of the arcade?

There is a tournament in Zama City at this place for BB on March 20th.

アミューズメントパーク ネバーランド2

[bBCP]3月20日

[P4U]3月30日(エリア決勝)

[GGACPR]4月20日(エリア決勝)

address: 神奈川県座間市ひばりが丘4-11-48

TEL:046-266-4811

In all honesty though, if you live in Kanagawa you can easily get anywhere in the greater Tokyo area so you can pretty much go to a tournament every weekend. Just click on the schedule link (5th from the top on the left side bar) and a map will come up. Click on either Tokyo or the greater Kanto area part of the map and it will list all tournaments. BB is the first section. You can see the dates for each one easily. Just click on the link and it will take you to the arcade's address and phone info. Plug the address into google maps and I am sure you can find the place.

I hope that helps.

I looked at the map, Zama is in Kanagawa, and yes I live in Kanagawa. Machida is not the name of the arcade, it's just a very lively place where people can go shopping, eating at restaurants, play games at arcades and gamble on pachinkos and slot machines. There are 2 arcades at Machida and I always go there and play BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and Persona 4 Arena they are called Taito Station and Cat's Eye. On February 16, there were 2 tournaments being held at Taito Station. I signed up on BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma first and then Persona 4 Arena. I had a lot of fun even though I lost on both tournaments. I got to keep training and competing. :)

1st Tokyo block finished yesterday. Kishya won the preliminary qual and the 3 preliminary qual winners were FAB, En and Kishya. FAB won the finals and took the block so he is the first to be qualified for the main event in May.

Dates aren't concrete yet but the weekend of this tournament will be my first weekend of my vacation. I'll be staying in Japan for about 2 weeks.

I'll be staying in Tokyo with Kyle and then branching out to Yokohama (and possibly Yokosuka), Nagoya, Osaka, and Kyoto.

When you say the weekend of this tournament, do you mean the weekend of the main event in May?

Yessir.

Weekend of the 18th/19th if I'm not mistaken.

STenSatsu - Yes, that is a list of everyone who won any qual, not just the area finals. The list is not complete. As you can see, Eki-chan is listed twice. The one with the gold mark next to it indicates that it was the area final and that he qualified for the main event. Kishya also won a prelim and FAB won his area final, so at the very least, those are missing. So basically, the ones with the gold mark next to it are the people who will play in the final tournament.

St1ckbug - sounds good. see you then

Due to being too busy with wedding planning stuff, I was unable to attend any quals last weekend. I should be able to attend the 2 Gunma ones this coming weekend though, since I live in Gunma.

That's too bad iminthenet2. You still have plenty of chances.

I'm looking for "Japan Level Up," because I want to get better at fighting games. I lost on 4 tournaments and I really need help to improve. Does anyone know where is it at by any chance?

Tickets booked, I'll be getting in the Friday before ArcRevo and I'll be staying for two weeks.

More qualified players:

セガ 松江 阿修羅 (ASHURA - zappa)

池袋GIGO  LARK (LARK - may)

岐阜レジャーランド真正店 辻川 (TSUJIKAWA - justice) <--- FUCK YEAH !!!

ハイパーメッセ じゃじゃ丸 (JAJAMARU - jam)

Hell ya, Tsujikawa bringing the Justice. Also saw another Kanji get into P4 it looked like (PET I think). Good stuff. Still sad BOB took out AGF during one of the qual tournies apparently, hopefully AGF comes back somewhere and we get an Anji.