Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JinSaotome

Eddie in Slash?

I was looking at slash tier list the other day and I noticed Eddie was lowtier, which struck me as odd given his history in the XX series, so I figured I'd ask what happened to him that made him so shitty? :psyduck:

j.K was badly nerfed. (Like 3 frames slower than Reload.), Flying=Counter Hit state, Only character in the game where Projectiles didn't build guard bar, Shadow Gauge took longer to refill and the bar was shorter, and I think they made the Buzzsaw take more Shadow meter to use. (Not too sure on this last one.) Basically they took away his ability to kill you in 1 set up.

Some of what Sytha said is right, just some corrections to that list though: - j.K had its active and recovery frames switched (8,6 -> 6,8). It also had its hitbox massively nerfed, to the point where you pretty much have to hit with Eddie's kneecap to get it to connect, instead of his extra long toenails as in #R. It became very impractical to combo into j.K from something basic like far range 2S CH 22H FRC, running 5P jc.K-H-D This hitbox problem was corrected in AC to in between these two extremes, to now hitting where it looks like it should hit. - I don't believe the shadow gauge refill rate was changed from #R, though I could be wrong. All shadow moves use the same meter as in #R, but a few properties were changed (see below) Other (major) nerfs: - Nobiru (Shadow S) was changed from Lv5 -> Lv3. This made it much harder to followup with anything off a random Nobiru hit, even on CH if they were fairly high up. - Haneru (Shadow D) was changed so that it would slightly launch opponents, which didn't allow for it to be used as a ground-style UB as in every other game (eg. -D- + 5K-5S, -P- + 5D). - Eddie lost a LOT of damage on various attacks. I believe j.S/H/D all had ~8-15 damage taken away from them, as did a few ground normals. This (along with no guard gauge build on shadow moves) was to prevent the #R scenario of buzzsaw string -> guardbreak -> 60%+ damage from a basic combo into Shadow Gallery knockdown (possible 100% if UB after). - Various other stuff like added recovery on Break the Law, added pushback on command grab, slower 2P, probably alot more that I'm forgetting

2P was 6 frames, 5P was still 5. In AC, that got switched around so that 5P is now 6 frames and 2P is 5 again. The refill rate was toned down from #R, so it took about 130% of the time it did from #R to fill up. The biggest nerf was actually the addition of FD pushback. Because of this, if you FD'd the first j.K in Eddie's fuzzy guard setup, you were not in range to combo Nobiru into shadow gallery off of a 2D without guessing and doing an IAD afterwards. Because of this it became easy for people to IB the Nobiru and gold burst or do a low-to-the-ground airthrow to you after you've done the IAD. It's tough to explain, but it did become harder to kill someone because FD played a major role even in the corner. If someone didn't FD your mixup though, he still did 100% to almost every character off of fuzzy guard, even if they had no guard bar built up. The criteria was something retarded like full meter, corner knockdown, non-FDing opponent. You could do it but...haha. (CH Gold Burst + Retard = 100%) His dash startup was increased too. He reaches full momentum from dashing almost immediately in #R and XX, but not in Slash or AC. FD pushback and increased dash startup made it much much more difficult to close in on an FDing opponent. The new Mawaru actually solves the problem both nerfs present, so that's a big reason why he's good again.