Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xeno

Baiken in #R

It seems like since ^C is out most of the older threads are gone or edited for the new version. Some people still have the old games without the new ones! :psyduck: Anyways, does anyone know any BnB combos // things to learn with Baiken in #R? I really like her style and want to get better with her. I hear she has a dustloop, and I've seen combos with j.dust frc > airdash iirc. Please hel, thank you :keke:

Thanks! Combos look awesome.. gonna practice the FRCs until I get them down first though. With the Tatamari Mats (ground), if you are close enough do you not need to FRC to combo? Or can you do more damaging combos if you FRC because of the extra time?

it depends on ememy and their weight/hitbox usaully u can jump after a tatami and connect a jp if u are a bit away u can try a js try not to use frc for a ground tatami i think is not worth 25% tension in most cases u will be able to hit them in air with a js also try not to use plain tatamis use 6hs or 2d first or sth like: p,2k,s,hs tatami since i have reload installed on pc i am going to show u some ways about tatami in a video later about the dmg question i dont think the frc will let u get more dmg except if u frc and connect a j.d (u cant connect else a j.d) especially in the corner where u can follow a combo better aslo note that the dmg usaully depends from the first hit and how much it prorates try in training to 6hs tatami andthen 2d tatami u will see the difference

Wow, thanks Ghost! Yeah, I've been practicing gatling>tatami. Trying to FRC the air tatami and then airdash.. :psyduck: really hard, Baiken seems to land really fast after the FRC. edit: youch, just got my first airdash after air-tatami FRC. crazy fast! :keke: Learned c(s)>2d>Tatamari>j.s>Youzansen for 138 damage! (no frc). :toot:

:keke: Learned c(s)>2d>Tatamari>j.s>Youzansen for 138 damage! (no frc). :toot:

hm against sol (works on other chars too but sol is good for practice)

run in s>2d>tatami>j.s>j.p> j.k> j.c (jump again) >j.s>j.p>j.s > jd or yz (jd is more dmg but against some chars it doenst hit some times...i think)

and gift: http://rapidshare.com/files/112870672/baiken.mpg.html

the first 2 combos is the one above with both j.d or yz

next are some easy stuff u should train a bit

and some thing very IMPORTANT dont look at my input is really meshy when i play on pad i spam the buttons....

ps i hope u have no problem with rapidshare

Wow ghost thank you so much. I got a couple 10-hit combos off tonight.. going to bed but I'll practice before I go to work tomorrow morning :D. Thanks!! Hey how do you stage select in #R? I see you fighting Johnny in Kliff's stage in your fourth video :psyduck:

go to the stage u want and press r2 u will see a yellow cursor thats the chars stage u will fight on :) edit : btw dont forget to set in training recovery on (which one doesnt matter i usally go for nt or bk)

Yeah I have Recovery = Forward Tech (since I heard you can FT/BT before you can NT). I have the Xbox version.. is it still possible? I'll try pressing back or start or something.

oh i forgot to hlp u about the air tatami frc

i usually do the frc and then tap 66 for the airdash i do this becuase i want to be late and closer to the ground but u can airdash much faster

with a different way , in case u didnt know or heard about it u can input the first 6 before the frc and the 2nd 6 after the frc

here take a look 6 >frc>6 : http://rapidshare.com/files/113219012/frcairtatami.wmv.html

I played some #Reload friendlies last saturday -- my other character's got owned but my Baiken won most of the matches I picked her. They were all surprised at the j.s combos :D

i highly recommend to stick on 1 char or 2 at max(an alt just for fun) i used to play with a lot of chars in cvs2 and tekken ,but later i discovered that playing with one char only is the way to go for victory ,it was mentioned to me in tekken by a very good player ...it seems he was right way to go for your baiken :)

Thanks for your help and demonstrating the combos.. it was very cool to win :v: I am going to keep practicing.. and start practicing j.d FRC wallbounce combos.. :keke:

this is the Slash frame data:

http://f32.aaa.livedoor.jp/~kosugi/guiltyslash/top.html

if you click on a character image and follow the link to their Slash frame data, at the top of *that* page, there will be three links: the third link takes you to their #R frame data. (look for 旧フレームデータ表(別窓) )

Not sure what to say other than the timing is pretty tight, so it'll take a while to get down. You basically just have to time it so that the dash comes out right after the j.D ends. If you're a little too early, the dash won't come out, and if you're a little late, it will come out too low or, if you're already low to the ground, not at all. But you're probably already aware of all that. Super jumping tends to make it a little easier, though.

If i remember correctly it IS harder than FRC, I don't remember what my cues for it were back in the day, it's mostly easier to just frc the j.d.

hi, I just started using baiken and watched some combo vids on youtube. Can anyone show me hw to airdash after j.D? I somehow find it harder to do than FRC....

The visual cue I used to use in #Reload for this was waiting until the bottom half of Baiken's body was offscreen, to input the second 6 in the airdash. Eventually you'll just get it down to muscle memory, with enough practice.

I saw an interesting stuff in a Reload match vid.

Against Zappa Sharon could link a tatami after a youzansen without cancels (in the corner). He did it once, and tried it later again but he failed that time. This must be the most strict timing link Baiken has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxvvMp_EwA

at 1:50