Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xeno

Baiken in #R

The only way to combo from a youzansen without using an RC (and is still the case) is to hit with the end of the move, which hits behind/below her. Most common use back then was doing double youzansen (after hitting behind her with the end of the first one, do another one facing them) although in similar situations now you can link a j.D afterwards (it doesn't come up nearly as often since youzansen is seldom used in combos now, although I actually found myself connecting with it a few times after improvising from running jump j.S hits (especially CH) that are at a bad height to follow with j.D). In comparison it's way stronger now since if it's early in the combo at all you can simply FRC the j.D and continue for big damage. You can never combo from a youzansen that hits in front of you (aside from ID lol) without RC.

Okay the combo counter tricked me. But you can combo youzansen into youzansen at times on light characters, if they are above you AND the first youzansen puts you to their other side. For instance on millia: tatami mat, j.s j.p j.k JC j.k YZS crossup YZS (for the second one you have to inverse the inputs obviously)

That's exactly what I just posted about, it works on any character as long as you hit with the later part of youzansen that hits behind her...

Wow, I never thought I'd be linking this video again haha. Bad quality and it's Slash, but at :20 you can see what it should look like.

Can I get a source on that music? Hook me up.

Hey Guys I wasn't sure exactly where to ask this but I'm wondering if it was ok to practice Baiken in #R for AC Play. I just got playing GG since AC. I have a 360 Joystick and I'm trying to practice using Stick. It's a huge difference from the PS2 Pad. Of course I don't have a Stick for the PS2 so I have to make do with what I have until I get a stick for AC. Stick works for the 360 and my PC and I have #R for both. Anything I should consider while training? This includes, combos, moves, timing differences etc. I'm only at the beginning stages where I'm re-training moves and basic combos but of course as I go along and get better I'm sure there will be differences. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Baiken is too different in the two games imo Her air dust is too good in AC and not so good in #R, but you need to use them in both games for air combos and the timings of their usage are too different. In AC, a lot of her normals are better, (for example her 6HS is jump cancelable) and she's got better gatlings etc. Her close range ground pressure is quite similar in both games (5P, 2K, 6K), and tatami FRC is the same timing, so you can practice those as well. For just practicing stick it's OK if you don't mix up playing the two games. But when you get the converter for Playstation you shouldn't play Reload any more imo. You should practice instant airdashing a lot, I think a lot of people have problems with airdash when they are still new on stick.

not only Baiken, but the AC system almost feels more fluid than #R, so i think practicing on #R will mess you up for AC.

If you aren't familiar with the GG system, learning reload would be fine to start I think (especially if you don't have comp around and want to play some online), but once you get AC you should probably drop reload.

Baiken is too different in the two games imo

Her air dust is too good in AC and not so good in #R, but you need to use them in both games for air combos and the timings of their usage are too different.

In AC, a lot of her normals are better, (for example her 6HS is jump cancelable) and she's got better gatlings etc.

Her close range ground pressure is quite similar in both games (5P, 2K, 6K), and tatami FRC is the same timing, so you can practice those as well.

For just practicing stick it's OK if you don't mix up playing the two games. But when you get the converter for Playstation you shouldn't play Reload any more imo.

You should practice instant airdashing a lot, I think a lot of people have problems with airdash when they are still new on stick.

I'm only using #R to practice Stick. I've had major difficulties with just basic movements, especially instant air dashing to the right. It's getting better though as I'm practicing and getting more comfertable.

If you aren't familiar with the GG system, learning reload would be fine to start I think (especially if you don't have comp around and want to play some online), but once you get AC you should probably drop reload.

I've had AC for a while now but it's very difficult to find anyone to play with. #R is probably the only way I get to play against people but even on there there are rarely many people who log in.

I have very little experience so I'll probably need any kind of competition I can get.

btw: Loved your matches on youtube :yaaay:

Thanks guys for the input

EDIT: Nevermind Though is there a specific timing needed to land 6HS 2D after tatami frc ad jD? I (think) that I'm doing it as fast as possible, but I keep hitting 6HS as an OTG hit rather than aerial.

j.D AD j.S feels so difficult

I can pull it out off Tatami j.psd pretty consistently, hell almost 100%. However it feels much harder and specific if I omit that j.P...

Does Superjump help in this case? ( Tatami SJ.sd AD j.S...)

Well double posting because I'll talk about #R again and don't want to derail the General Discussion thread.

Damn, tatami frc iad j.D is really gdlk.. even with bad starters like 2P and 2K the combo will still net nice damage, like 200ish on Dizzy.

But I'm finding rather troublesome to do it on heavier characters. Any way to adjust?