Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sesshyru

Order-Sol vs. Zappa

Two other things to remember: You talk about making raoh rc like it's a victory. Just walking forward with Raoh out is like 50% tension for crossing the screen. The other thing to remember is that Roah doesn't even really have to mix you up to kill you if he comes late enough in the round. All off his projectiles deal like 4x chip damage, giving no real option but to spend copious amounts of tension preserving your life bar. The super is rediculous chip damage, but is avoidable through tricky methods and the blindspots it has(like right next to zappa). Basically, if you end up in any kind of situation where you need to block roah and he's gaining tension(which is often, because trying to outpoke him is a bad idea 99% of the time/not worth the risk of DYING) you are going to come out very chipped, maybe even dead, and with 0 tension. Which brings me to my final point: Don't get hit by summon. If you can help it, eating naked summons and even combos off 6p are fairly avoidable as long as you poke/advance intelligently. I'd go as far as saying if you feel like you can win the round bursting to avoid a summon is probably worth it. Bursting against raoh is too little too late most of the time. Raoh is a horrible matchup for hos, so basically you need to proceed against zappa in such a way that you minimized the risk of him. Just don't do mindless obvious frame traps, and don't do jumpins from miles away. Also, until you've convinced him that you're not going to do it, meaty 6k is a really, really poor choice. It's just a really weird match. I'd still rather play it than say like Johnny or Faust, but if you don't understand how zappa works it's vastly in his favor. ps: Some one write a vs ABA thread

Which brings me to my final point: Don't get hit by summon.

ps: Some one write a vs ABA thread

Man, not getin hit by somethin that has nuts properties is kinda hard, I tried zoning him and it was hard cause he only needs to get in once to trip centiped and Roah that face.

I second the ABA thread, cause she can tank hits and hit you for days. :vbang:

Im just sayin, play it safe all you want to, but that one chance he gets in - might be 80% of your life xD. I donno how solid that strat is when you mix in the ghosts and sword and dog..

I'm talking about just the summon move itself, if you're smart then you don't have to worry about being hit by it just by itself. And he can't immediately convert it to 80% damage from naked summon unless he has 100% Tension. If Zappa gets Raoh on you, you fucked up somewhere along the line.

when I meant charge burst > super, I meant ROAHS super. if he's going to try and chip you down, you can most definitely on reaction charge burst. The thing is you need to be a little bit of distance from him, but that's ok. don't get me wrong. I never ever use charge burst unless it's some kind of shenanigan like this.

Ah ha, I got you. So learning when he trys to combo into or randomly throws out the DP and then punishin... It almost sounds like the mark of a failed match or a bad player is leting Roah out $p :vbang:

GreasyGyro718: Ah ok cool, I understand what you mean now. I may well try that next time I play.

Successfully blocking summon is a free Fafnir for you.

Yeah WUT already said that.

But I also tested yday too, seems you need to stand block against the summon attempt tho, if you're crouching I couldn't get the Fafnir to hit but maybe I wasn't quick enough. Lv3 RI hit him too after standing block but it was tight (because it has 12F startup and Zappa's on -12).

All levels of Savage Fang are also guaranteed after blocking Centipedes (doesn't matter if you're crouching or standing because it's so fast). Lv3 Tyrant Rave is also guaranteed on standing block. In fact you can even get Dragon Install on standing block lol that would be a nice finish.

Against Sword's 236S, if you block the first part you can hit him with Fafnir if he doesn't do the extend. Problem is, if he does the extend straight away and you do Fafnir, he'll hit and get 3 Orbs. If he does the extend and you block it, you can get guaranteed CH Fafnir and CH Lv1 RI, probably lots of other stuff too (he's -24 and in CH state till end of recovery). So it's always safer to block the extend then hit him, even if your opponent is mixing up doing/not doing the extend part.

I know nobody really cares at this point, but lvl2 Savage is really nice.

Fixed.

And I still care Blake...

SESSHYRU STILL CARES............................