Sign in to follow this  
Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

Just found out not too long ago that Heat Knuckle has a "clean hit" property to it. For a while, I thought that to get a untechable Heat Extend, was to use heat without comboing into it. But I noticed that if you do a 4 or 5 hit combo into heat then extend, your enemy cannot tech from it (Extend being the 8th or 9th hit in the combo).

So

Straight up heat with extend = untechable (4 hits)

2HS, heat with extend = techable (5 hits)

2S, 2HS, heat with extend = techable (6 hits)

5K, 2S, 2HS, heat with extend = techable (7 hits)

5K, 5S, 2S, 2HS, heat with extend = untechable (8 hits)

Air HS, 5K, 2S, 2HS, heat with extend = untechable (8 hits)

and this is a little unconventional but...

5K, 5S, 2S RC, 2S, 2HS, heat with extend = untechable (9 hits)

Anymore hits than that takes up too much guard bar and they will tech out. Also, a moves that take away a ton of guard bar will allow your opponents to tech out, even if it is on the 8th or 9th hit.

I guess what happens is the capability to tech out of a move becomes easier when the guard meter decreases, but at the same time you fall faster with a lower guard meter. So around that special sweet spot, the enemies fall too quick and hit the ground before they can recover.

During gameplay, if you happen to have an opponent in this situation, it seems there should be no reason not to extend, unless if you want to get off a proper Oki. But against the corner, after the extend, you can still get off a proper Oki. So, "Release, extend??!!!"

^wow good find. Im not home to test ,but I remember this from slash. I remember doren complaining he couldnt tech from heat sometimes. Try this tho. After anything except str8 up heat + extend, walk forward after heat extend. The only time you would do the untechable heat + extend is the corner. So do it then walk forward, and see if they can tech. Record and try to tech yourself please. If so that doesnt work , Great find homie.

Has FAB ever lost to anyone ?

Of course! He is human. In all the videos I saw him in, he wins about 80% of the time against mixed level players. He usually goes about 50/50 against top level players like himself. There are a couple videos of him raping the crap out of high level (not top) players. He had like a 58 game win streak going.

Hintalove beat him the other day, yay for Portland. I haven't gotten a win yet, but I'm getting closer. FAB is just a really safe player, great at slash backing, and yada yada the vids speak for themselves.

Charge partitioning ppl when u do your HF's Back>Forward>back>HS. So u can do HYPE shit like K>S>HF>FRC>HF>Break>??????>Profit

you need the HF hitstun to finish the full charge partition right? (sorta like May's 6h-vertical dolphin) i've been able to get it once or twice but i never really sat down and tried to master it. its a pretty broke combo, shit would be nice to get down pat actually :keke: edit: and by the combo i mean HF frc HF, however many times you wanna do it back to back.

um.. srsly? only 30 frames? where is that info at

http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/potemkin.html

Causes knockdown on ground hit. FRC timing is the 2 frames after startup ends. Can cancel into Hammerfall Break from frame 2 on until 9F before the end of startup. From frame 1 until Potemkin attacks, Potemkin has super armor that can absorb one hit for half damage. Startup varies with distance from opponent. Charge time of 30F. *1

you need the HF hitstun to finish the full charge partition right? (sorta like May's 6h-vertical dolphin) i've been able to get it once or twice but i never really sat down and tried to master it. its a pretty broke combo, shit would be nice to get down pat actually :keke:

edit: and by the combo i mean HF frc HF, however many times you wanna do it back to back.

You can also do it without. Like HS>HF>break>Hf>break>buster usually only works after heavy HF pressure the round b4.

But

You can always and should do your HF by doing back>forward>back>HS. Just gives you mad options.

yeh i do alotta HF shenanigans. its an amazing move, just sometimes tend to get too gutsy with it and eat a big ass combo (ty potemkin life) then get stuck having to pull a comeback. but that 4-6-4 is an awesome idea, ty for the info. tbh i don't try and do too many fancy things - have a tendency to choke sooo bad after i work soo hard. ex: get them into the corner, tick the shit out of PBuster, have mad tension, frc (DROP) coulda done soo much there, and nothing. so i keep my basics up, just block well and punish as i can. can't really practice much since the only time i play is some casuals like once a week or two weeks now :( but i will definitely have that in my head bout HF and see how i can improve on it. i am trying to IB alot of things but like i said ^ can't practice much. i also wanna get down a few slashbacks, are there anything you could suggest that are pretty basic one or two hit guaranteed to be seen in a match moves that would be good? Rae i dunno if you fuck around with SB but it just seems like a pretty useful thing that i'm not even bothering with. plus you're one of the few potemkins i think is better than mine and i can look up to.

i also wanna get down a few slashbacks, are there anything you could suggest that are pretty basic one or two hit guaranteed to be seen in a match moves that would be good?

Set Ky to do any blockstring into Stun Edge (maybe 6K too). Also set him to do a low airdash into j.S j.HS. SB the j.HS

Set Order-Sol to do jump j.S dj.HS dj.D (his high fuzzy guard) in the corner. Slashback the j.D and punish. Also set him to do 2S or f.S into 6HS. SB the 6HS.

Set Potemkin to do Hammerfall! :eng101:

Set Jam to do a blockstring into 6HS.

Set A.B.A. to do 5S into 2HS. SB the second hit of 2HS.

Set Axl to do 5P, 2P, 2HS, or j.S. Slashback the second hit when he pulls the chains back.

Set Testament to do 6K into EXE Beast. Slashback the EXE Beast.

Slashback Faust's 41236K.

Set your opponent to burst. Do a jump cancelable move and slashback it!

Set Ky to do any blockstring into Stun Edge (maybe 6K too). Also set him to do a low airdash into j.S j.HS. SB the j.HS

Set Order-Sol to do jump j.S dj.HS dj.D (his high fuzzy guard) in the corner. Slashback the j.D and punish. Also set him to do 2S or f.S into 6HS. SB the 6HS.

Set Potemkin to do Hammerfall! :eng101:

Set Jam to do a blockstring into 6HS.

Set A.B.A. to do 5S into 2HS. SB the second hit of 2HS.

Set Axl to do 5P, 2P, 2HS, or j.S. Slashback the second hit when he pulls the chains back.

Set Testament to do 6K into EXE Beast. Slashback the EXE Beast.

Slashback Faust's 41236K.

Set your opponent to burst. Do a jump cancelable move and slashback it!

That OS stuff you can 2hs trade in between for a lovely counter hit.

Axl theres really no need to sb , u can deal wit most of that stuff wit normals,bd,and SH.

Sb the 2nd hit of fausts' bag while you're in the air. and the usual last hit be4 item throw in strings.

Yea SB or IBing the 2nd hit in iad air strings is good.

Lol it's crazy to SB pots HF , just SB 2S it'll come out sooner or later.

SB ky's 6k and last hit of CSE when safe.

SB gold burst when ppl burst expecting pb setups.

Really most things are handled with IBing and BDing.

nice contribute missedfrc and thanx RP.

no problem Rae. trying to get this thread bumping again, we need mad PO hype :yaaay: there's no love for the big guy. i'll work on my IB's, too. would SBing Slayer's 6k / 2d give me better advantage? i know IBing 6k is good but even if i get it my boys slayer is nasty as fuck and he's back on me in a split second, and i don't try and pb after it anymore. i was thinking that SB might just give me a bit more frames to work with.. but would it actually? and how about eddie? would SB any of the first few mowaru bnb shits get me frames to work with to get a PB / poke / backdash out? i know there are some IB bullshit but i just can't seem to snag the IB after the first hit, and i miss the first hit all the time.

no problem Rae. trying to get this thread bumping again, we need mad PO hype :yaaay: there's no love for the big guy. i'll work on my IB's, too. would SBing Slayer's 6k / 2d give me better advantage? i know IBing 6k is good but even if i get it my boys slayer is nasty as fuck and he's back on me in a split second, and i don't try and pb after it anymore. i was thinking that SB might just give me a bit more frames to work with.. but would it actually? and how about eddie? would SB any of the first few mowaru bnb shits get me frames to work with to get a PB / poke / backdash out? i know there are some IB bullshit but i just can't seem to snag the IB after the first hit, and i miss the first hit all the time.

Well if you're having issues after IBing 6k and starting pressure, u should BD it. 2d is tough, ib then buster, or u can bd it too(the safe one). Any other version nets you a free buster.

Yea eddie is dumb , sbing the 6k is solid . Other than that just work on ibing to get out of there.

ok nice i appreciate the feedback. got to play for a bit last night and that 4-6-4 motion with my HF helped me a good bit, atleast i could notice a small difference.. even in my already HF spammy play style. got alotta practice IBing, but i didn't get ballsy enough throw out some SB's. i must say, PO's dead angle attack is retarded on counterhit with that wall bounce. i have another quick question though: as a nasty air combo and usually to finish the round (and assuming i go for an overhead) i like to 6k-2h-HFbreak-j.p-j.k-APB. last night though, i was playing a sick eddie and a sick testament and when i would go for ^ i kept black beating it or missing the j.p on the eddie but nailing it everytime gold beat on the testament. what would be the correct way to gold beat that combo or make sure my j.p always hit against eddie? any wierd superjumps or one of those 2h-HFbreak-tkAPB deals? i just did the same thing like 4 times, missed the first, then black beat the other 3. i stopped doing it after that and just switched to 6k-2h-Heat cuase it was pissing me off.. help please!

aiiigghtt. shit just prolly me fucking it up then. yo i gotta say, ty for all the quick responses. i thought no one was checking out the PO thread anymore. i believe i will be getting to play a really good sol tomorrow night, but i really have no sol experience. any quick tips to set myself up for a win against him?

Sign in to follow this