Sign in to follow this  
Henaki

ACCENT CORE General Discussion

It's been metioned before, but you can't cancel into APB from any air attacks. You have to link into it, most likely by JCing j.K (sort of an aerial TK).

I've seen it done in a match vid, and it equates PAIN!

Acctualy you can combo from air potemkin buster, however ive only seen it done once. Which is pretty strange since in videos it looks like it would be pretty easy to just get a duck hs, to heat grab from the ranges they are a lot of times.... But apperently I guess that must not be the case shrug. Though apperently stuff like trying to get a air combo to another air potemkin buster doesnt work even though it looks liek it should... At least at this stage... Also I belive you can combo to it on block as well, as I thought I read you could 6p anti air, and then if its blocked tiger knee potemkin buster to hit them... Then again I tried to find this agian on the bbses etc and I couldnt so maybe it was a beta test thing o rsomething... shrug.... You can also supposedly link air super after air potemkin buster and vise versa... However I have not seen it myself shruuuuuuuUUUuuuug.

new super dumb combo alert: potemkin can do 50% damage off k (hitconfirmable too) for 25% tension wootah first post updated with this but K 2S 2HS Hammerbreak jump j.P j.K jump Air Buster

Hey, my friend wants me to post this for him, he knows it seems like an obvious question but no one's mentioned it. cr. S pulls in on hit/block now. Does this mean that you can spam cr. S now to pull them in while in blockstun until they're in range and link it into a potemkin buster? Anyone out there to test this or confirm?

the time between each c.S would be enough to escape and if you attempted to potemkin buster they'd have somewhere in the range of at least 10 frames to escape or more.

new POTEMKIN combos: slide head (no hit) hfbreak k-(c.s)2s-heat slide head (hit) k-c.s-2s-heat slide head (no hit and far away, 2k-f.s-2s-heat works sometimes) k-s-2s-2hs-heat (near) k-s-2s-2hs hfbreak (immediate) j.p-j.k-dj.buster (and possibly 2s-heat after landing, haven't tested) pb frc-2s-heat pb frc-2s-2hs-heavenly (may be able to do hfbreak j.buster, most likely) Random tidbits: - You can use 2s well for scoring counter hits and then hfbreak bustering them, because it pulls them close and they probably can't smash out that fast. Also good for ticking in block strings because of the pulls effect, something like k-c.s-f.s-2s-hfbreak-buster/heat/backdash/p. - FDB counter hit in the corner probably gets something like 6hs-heat extend otherwise nothing. Pretty bad to get a counter hit from the otherside of the screen because potemkin can't hfbreak very far anymore. - Heat extend should never be done unless in the corner... - Buster leaves them in not so good position afterwards if you don't frc it but there's no point to frc it just for pressure, just do 2s-heat, it leaves them in a very good position. - j.buster almost like the old buster (situation afterwards) except leaves them closer so you can combo from it more easily (not just hs in middle of screen). - I allways forget to use j.buster. - And 2hs-gigantor does work in slash also I think. You just can't put anything except 6k-2hs before gigantor, in ac you can do k-2s-2hs or k-s-2s-2hs. :china:

Well, Slide Head causes sliding state so that's why those combos work. Off of any other knockdown, 5K is a plain ol' OTG. Pot seems busted for most matchups, but I don't see how he's going to hang with Eddie. That guy looks amazing AGAIN...

im having a problem with the 5k c.S 2S hammerfallbreak PB on the 2S i instead go to 3S and hold 3 then 9HS? edit:yeah the game is already out and im lovin pots slidehead OTG

im having a problem with the 5k c.S 2S hammerfallbreak PB

on the 2S i instead go to 3S and hold 3 then 9HS?

Hold back during the entire string ([4]K > c.S > [1]S XX 6H > P, 632146P)

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere, but we can FDB supers again! (Some match video, 3-on-3, Pot FDB's Dizzy's fire super.) To me, that almost makes up for the lack of CH combos... Mike Z

Random thoughts for glitchy buggy combos.... I wonder if possible vs a taller character like justice if you could do something like stand slash, tiger knee air potemkin buster, to combo. Something to that exstent, that would be pretty wacky. Or if you have to be in the air im sure you could probably do something with that bounce stick to ground bug, say a set up ala slayer like jump slash counter hit hs, land combo yadda yadda stand slash tiger knee potemkin buster, to combo. Maybe something like that?

Ah yea thats what I was trying to say..... So jump slash counter hit, then something to stick them back to the ground... even though you can ground combo them then game still counts them as in the air, so then maybe you could chain combo them for awhile then do a JCable move, to tiger knee air potemkin buster, then something like p, s, heat grab thing or whatever for a wacky combo. Or something to that exstent.

Ah yea thats what I was trying to say..... So jump slash counter hit' date=' then something to stick them back to the ground... even though you can ground combo them then game still counts them as in the air, so then maybe you could chain combo them for awhile then do a JCable move, to tiger knee air potemkin buster, then something like p, s, heat grab thing or whatever for a wacky combo. Or something to that exstent.[/quote']

Yeah this probably depends on how exactly the game handles the weird launched-but-on-the-ground state. The impression that I was getting from some tests was that this glitch was actually more like a forced jump-install on the person getting hit... the game thinks that the person has been launched into an air-hit state so it assigns him the ability to air tech, even though he is on the ground. In this case, the character really isn't in the air and so might not be able to be air PBed.

But then again, it might not work like that.

Are there any air throws that can be comboed into in Slash? Is ABA's grab technically a throw when it connects in the air? If so, couldn't you do something like this with ABA in Slash? I was thinking it was technically a physical hit grab (like a heat knuckle) when used in a combo. Might be wrong.

I dunno, I didnt play slash enough, so I cant comment on that... However I will say there are certain instances were you can ground throw a character out of something and air throw them even though there in the same position shrug. However when you ground throw the character randomly they fly away off the screen whatever shruuuuuuuuug. Never could figure out why sometimes the ground throw carries out normaly, and sometmes they fly away when there grabbed on the ground. Just seems random. Anyway so umm yea anyway no idea about abas throw stuff shrug.

ok so i have a problem... i can do the 5k -> 2S -> 2H -> [4] 6H -> p (break) -> j.p -> j.k -> j.c -> air pb but the beat greys out... could it be that im not breaking the hammerfall soon enough?

The trick is to roll the P so you break instantly as the hammerfall comes out. I find the best way to do that is to delay hitting HS until right after hit pause is over and roll to P like you would option select. You can practice it with anything, even at midscreen just doing a HF Break to move forward after a blocked HS or whatever. If you do it right, it looks like you just did a stopy with no hammerfall.

hmm i think im doing that right and after the j.k i kinda tigerknee the air pb motion instead of j.k j.c air pb motion... could that effect it at all? i pulled it off today i think i can do it just need to practice

pulled a nifty dust combo yesterday hs[ch]-d j.hs-j.hs-j.pb [fall to corner] k-2s-heat-extend, it does pretty nice damage... and if you already didn't know, you can't throw anyone from a burst with j.pb, you can however ib and then j.pb if it is a def burst, gold burst and your pb will miss. :china:

Potemkin's heat knuckle can be parried according to the Arcadia magazine. Which would support your theory G. Blood? Note though, HPB cannot be parried. And I'm unsure if I read it right, but apparently if you parry the Heat knuckle, you can FD the Extend followup. Or something.

More on air Buster: During the Buster itself, Pot moves the opposite direction that you were going when you jumped. So if you do j.P->j.K then - 8, 63214 6+D, he will go straight up and down. - 963214 6+D he will go backward about 1/2 screen (since you jumped forward) - 632147 6+D he will go forward about 1/2 screen (since you jumped backward). Obviously, 632147 seems to be the best choice. It's also the easiest to do quickly, at least for me. Doing instant-air PB to counter jump-ins is possible with this method also, although it kinda sucks for doing that since you get CH a lot. It appears he has some invincibility on startup. I went through the first hit of Crosswise Heel with it. Also, he does not grab through the entire arc of the jump, only for a frame or two. The rest is recovery, and you will get CH during it, unlike normal PB recovery. When you land, there is recovery as well, and it's actually fairly long. Don't miss! Hitbox is almost even with but above Pot. Ground CH F+P -> IAPB will miss. Corner: Off a forward-moving airPB, you can connect with close 5s in the corner. Unlike 5k, this will hit everybody. 5p is possible also, but less useful. The full 5s, 2s, 2h xx HPB should be possible after airPB. You can do antiair close 5s, IAPB as a combo, but I have not yet been able to loop airPB, 5s, IAPB. It is possible I'm just doing everything too late, and that you could actually do a 2h after airPB, but I doubt it. Midstage: I couldn't hit anyone afterward with anything except 2D. :^P What else is there? After normal PB in corner: I couldn't get normal PB FRC IAPB to work, which would be unburstable. I also couldn't get PB FRC 5s© IAPB. i didn't try PB FRC 2h HF/Break jump combo, but I will today. After normal PB midstage: PB FRC 2s Heat RC airPB takes full tension and does less damage than PB FRC 2s 2h HPB. But the style is allllll there, and if you get to the corner you can combo 5s 2s Heat... Mike Z

Sign in to follow this