Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CP] ν-13 Simple Questions And Answers Thread

Aside from the game's challenge mode, the combo threads here are full of info and if you have any questions, ask here and we're always willing to help. Welcome to the DDDDD club! :D

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ah, so the combos weren't affected by 1.1? In that case I'll have much to practice. Also, I notice that I hardly ever get a chance to back my opponent in the corner. Is that a bad thing, or should I just worry about not backing myself in the corner?

I'd say keeping yourself out of there is more important. Nu can do damage mid-screen with gravity and other options, but her options are really limited when put in the corner. Just practice and you'll find you've put them in the corner more than before. A lot of her BnBs have pretty nice corner carry.

Anyone have a list of character for side switching combo that it doesn't work on,

Dia X>x>3c 22a> 6a4b >dash 2dd > ct

It seems that it doesn't work I'm relius or I'm just failing.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5895-cp-v-13-video-thread/

I would say to start here there's is a section on combo video use it as a basis for building nu, however you need to see if you can use phrase lift since it can be input heavy if you want a casual character. Nu is a main character and rarely an effective sub i believe.

Regarding this combo: (Luna) 5DD > 236B > FL > 6DD > IAD > j.B > j.C > 6B > 5C > 3C > FL > 6A > 4B > 2DD > JC > j.5DD > j.2DD > j.214D

Is this height specific? I can get it to work no problem with Haku, Azrael, and others, but I can't nail it against Ragna or Mu.

I think it's just weird. It works on Bullet and Kagura, so I think it's just a matter of hitboxes.

Hey guys, I'm looking to start playing BB:CP in the near future. I played both the previous titles and used nu-13/lambda-11 as my main char. Seeing the evo tournament really made me want to put other games down and get absorbed in playing nu again. Without having played her in CP I think the idea for mode change is amazing as I'm able to play both nu and lambda in one char! My only concern is that I hear they will be removing her mode change soon because of difficulty! This seems terrible to me as it seems to cater to the lowest common denominator. Does anyone know if this is a confirmed fact or just speculation since lambda-11 will be added to arcade version soon? It would suck if I put a lot of hard work into mastering her only to have them completely change the character.  :(

It is confirmed that mode change was removed. However, it was never stated that it was because of difficulty. It is most likely due to the fact that since Lambda is being added to the game, it wouldn't make much sense for Nu to still have Lambda's moves.

It is confirmed that mode change was removed. However, it was never stated that it was because of difficulty. It is most likely due to the fact that since Lambda is being added to the game, it wouldn't make much sense for Nu to still have Lambda's moves.

thx for the answer even though it wasnt what i was hoping for :(

...still I have the urge to play nu, so when BB:CP arrives in the mail so I guess i'll be learning her even if they make me regret spending the time when they change her a few months from now.

I think you'll have some time before you see changes on the console version. There is a ton you can learn neutral and matchup-wise that will still be very valuable to you even after the patch. Don't worry too much about the changes and learn what you can.

do we know if nu's 214 A/B/C moves will count as a hit in 2.0 or if it still just puts down a gravity seed field (thats like the 1 main thing I rly want to know )

Watching the video, Lambda has both versions. We'll have to see. I'm not sure if it just consumes less meter on whiff, but it looked like she was point blank and threw one after a 5C with no hitbox.

I ran into a Nu a while ago with completely different pressure from my own and I was wondering how much I should steal from him. The biggest thing I remember him doing was falling j.B in pressure for an overhead. It seems easy to block (because what other than an overhead will Nu be doing in the air?) and react to, so I didn't really see the point. Was he baiting something from me or do I just not get it? He also never touched Dia parsers in pressure. I know they're unsafe, but I love them too much to give up. Maybe he just wasn't doing it because the rules of neutral are different for mirror matches.

To condense it down, is j.B in pressure for mixup a good idea, and can we get a basic primer on Nu pressure in general to refresh our memories?

Falling j.B in pressure isn't really good. If you react fast enough, you can air throw it, AA, backdash, etc.

As far as neutral go, I tend to wait for my opponent to do a sword an react to it (IAD if 5D, dash if 4D, anything if 6D). Basically, let them make the mistake so you can punish them for it.

Finally got the game in the mail :)

Phase shift is awesome like I thought it would be... so sad... :(

anyone know if nu is keeping calamity sword? I tend to lean on it a decent ammount.

Either way, I'm glad I got to try this nu b4 they take her away. Just starting to get a hang of the more complex combos.