Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Fearless Night, New Indie Fighting Game

What makes you "good" at finding combos? I'd inquire about this, but I'm not sure if I'm totally fitting of the bill.

What makes you "good" at finding combos? I'd inquire about this, but I'm not sure if I'm totally fitting of the bill.

Are you the type of person who rushes to be the first to find new combos and post them online before anyone else? Or do you look up other people's combos before entering training mode. I guess that would some it up.

I suppose I'm not much of the latter, with the exception of those Liz garu loops, or Liz 2D combos I posted. I just usually try to build on what other people have.

I'll just wait till you're looking for general testers.

I try to discover combos on my own, but what I find is far from "optimal" lol but I do enjoy just testing out the properties and various situations of things and can spend hours on that~

Can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeves! Also is your new avatar related to the project in any way?

.. Also is your new avatar related to the project in any way?

Haha, no, it's just a rendition of me a member of the art team drew.

Aww, seeing what appears to be Poco and Uri at the sides, I was hoping we'd get a Shiki-tier character XD

EDIT: Oh just saw, new reveal tonight! .o.

Wonder if it will be Slendermuscle, Red Heels, or someone new!?

Cool stuff, thanks for the stream!

Can't wait to see more of Hong Kong Phooey! And those other teases.

skimmed the stream archive, uri is acceptably qt i approve

Thanks everyone to came by to watch the stream. It's extremely motivating to see more and more people checking out the game's progress!

I think we're going to try to have another stream June 1st at Arcade Legacy with actual matches. I'll post about that when it's decided.

Any plans on how you will handle Burst?

We haven't settled on any defensive mechanics yet.

I didn't even realize that "Chinese martial arts girl" was a thing big enough to warrant a genderswap subversion. I mean, the default was always male for me, probably because of Fei-Long. But now that I think about it, I can't really remember any other examples, so maybe it's just me missing the obvious.

I didn't even realize that "Chinese martial arts girl" was a thing big enough to warrant a genderswap subversion. I mean, the default was always male for me, probably because of Fei-Long. But now that I think about it, I can't really remember any other examples, so maybe it's just me missing the obvious.

In the beginning all aimed to imitate the "greatest" martial artist is history; Bruce Lee.

But after the Great Moe Wars of the early 2000s all that changed when it was discovered that turning anything and everything into a woman could increase its appeal tenfold.

This is our story---The Sadlife Chronicles.

But yeah, it's a small thing but I respect the thought behind it and like the results, Jackie Handsome came out really good, and I forgot to mention this on stream, but he sort of reminds me of Hazama (Rumble Fish) both physically [if he undid his hair and ripped off his shirt] and gameplay wise [seeing how they both rely on transitioning into stances and followup, except Hazama was all about that back turn while Ang Lee is all about crouching tiger]

Why is it that I heard this game is essentially a reskin of GG when it doesn't feel that way at all.

Early impressions of a game early in development?

I mean they haven't even fully thought up a system, so comparing it to anything right now is unfair lol.

The game its early WIP stage, so hope people dont put the trigger and start to making big comparisons instead of support them.

Why is it that I heard this game is essentially a reskin of GG when it doesn't feel that way at all.

Because SRK frontpage articles are shamefully poorly written by people who largely don't know what they're talking about.

I read it on Shoryuken that's why.

pfffffft. Like Coren said, srk front page isn't always the best.

Either way, this is looking pretty cool Zinac. please never have voting for characters, or a character with a heart shaped ahoge

Because combos + airdashes + animu = GG hurr durr

Seriously speaking, like other people pointed don't trust everything that is posted on the front page of SRK, outside a really few, the majority of people who write for it barely knows about fg's.

Saying that, since Zinac plays GG, i wouldn't be surprised that he takes some little inspiration from GG, but nothing more than that, i am pretty sure that he wants to make the game within his own vision.

Because SRK frontpage articles are shamefully poorly written by people who largely don't know what they're talking about.

Add this to most SRK users being SF/MAHVULL players who think every anime fighter looks the same, and...well, don't trust SRK on anything besides like tech talk.

The pace and responsiveness feels very much like Guilty Gear. If you ask anyone who's played it I'm sure they'll say the same thing.

The game does have RCs and FRCs currently, but we have expanded on FRCs. Giving them a pre-activation buffer, but keeping the actual cancel window small.

We haven't pulled any of the defensive mechanics nor most of the other offensive ones from GG. I still need to see how characters evolve in match play before I decide on final defensive mechanics, or even a guard bar.

The most important thing is the game play is heavily focused on the characters being very different from one another.

Ooh, interesting. If you're still looking for combo grinders I would very much like to do so. I've butchered the combo engines of various doujin games before, haha.