Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Fearless Night, New Indie Fighting Game

I've always wanted to see a totally different take on a grappler in a full-blown anime fighter like this, usually their limited mobility leaves them poop-tier or they're so tanky and hit so hard (URK POTEMKIN) that they're high-tier in spite of it. It'd be super cool to see a fast character with a weak high/low game but lots of command throw options that have combo followup potential rather than just a big chunk of damage.

Yeah I'm not sure what you want because pretty much anyone with a decent command grab in GG is that.

So... Sol?

I....... I guess? :U Maybe in function but more grappler-ish in practice. Dash up, piledrive someone with a ground bounce, then air combo off of it. Totally different take was the wrong way to say it because honestly I just want to piledrive people with combo follow-ups.

A quick thing about swinging effects on jumping attacks (jumping over and doing j.S and j.H with Poco):

http://gyazo.com/e84bb4dd9af8e42cbd063d5f4697c94e

1. The white animation of the slice still remains on the screen even after Poco has landed.

2. This white animation will flip horizontally with Poco after she lands.

I've always wanted to see a totally different take on a grappler in a full-blown anime fighter like this, usually their limited mobility leaves them poop-tier or they're so tanky and hit so hard (URK POTEMKIN) that they're high-tier in spite of it. It'd be super cool to see a fast character with a weak high/low game but lots of command throw options that have combo followup potential rather than just a big chunk of damage.

There is little to no difference between a command grab dealing a huge chunk of damage and the same grab having combo properties that allow you to follow it up with just as much damage. But for some reason, the latter should not be subject to the most logical drawback for a character with guaranteed damage, limited mobility. Anyways, some games do have such "mobile grapplers" (KoF is the game that comes to mind first), but their damage is rarely similar to regular grapplers, they play more like Amane than Tager. Or their mix-up game isn't actually that limited, and the whole grappling thing is just in aesthetics (like with Bullet).

The mobile grappler is more what I had in mind, with stuff like mid-combo holds as their combo specials and enders and damage more in line with a non-grappler. So probably more like Sol gameplay-wise but more like Bullet aesthetically.

Hmm, I've always liked the Grappler\Rushdown hybrid more than their pure variations. Kouma is probably one of the characters in fighting games I enjoyed using the most, because I could play a grappler while having more options than just 'force enemy to respect you and command grab them'. If such a character were to be added, I would definitely try them out for sure.

Yah, Sacchin and Kouma are really good examples of that kind of grappler.

Kouma is more of a grappler than Satsuki, though. In practice, Satsuki's more of an okizeme/setplay character focused on crossup high/low (get dat 4-way).

I already downloaded the lastest demo and the´re fanarts in the loading screen, awesome fanart by Suzettecrepe.

I already downloaded the lastest demo and the´re fanarts in the loading screen, awesome fanart by Suzettecrepe.

Haha yeah we're doing a thing on tumblr/twitter. If you submit fan art we'll put it in the demo throughout alpha testing.

Greetings.

So was the issue with the screen turning white and then black that Fujiwara posted about ever resolved?

I'm having the same issue and I also have the ATI Mobility Radeon HD (3400) Graphics Card. I've verified that my drivers are up-to-date.

Greetings.

So was the issue with the screen turning white and then black that Fujiwara posted about ever resolved?

I'm having the same issue and I also have the ATI Mobility Radeon HD (3400) Graphics Card. I've verified that my drivers are up-to-date.

Can you sent me the log.txt file generated? I can take a look to see if it's something I can easily fix.

Here's the log file on Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/V7dycYEc

Most of the lines just say "Declaration must include a precision qualifier or the default precision must have been previously declared." for the fragment shaders.

Maybe the graphics card just requires some different syntax than the norm, so maybe some #IFDEFs or something could fix it, or maybe a different type of declaration would work for everything?

I don't program enough to really have a good feel for it, but it seems like it would be easy to fix if it was know what causes this.