Sign in to follow this  
DaiAndOh

[AC+R] Official Venom Change List Thread

Source: http://wiki.livedoor.jp/ggxx_matome/d/ACR%a1%a1%a5%f4%a5%a7%a5%ce%a5%e0%a1%a1%ca%d1%b9%b9%c5%c0

Only post if you're discussing or have a question about the actual changes. Take discussion to the discussion thread.

Normals:

c.s - Guard Bar raising value 20->14

6p - Animation changed Slash 6P. Frame data and range have changed such. Please see Venom's frame data for details.

6k - New move. Uses AC's 6p animation. NO INVINCIBILITY. Ground bounces. See frame data for full details

6hs - Knocks down instead of ground bounce now. No longer gatlings from 6p nor 6k. Now gatlings from c.s. Active frames 8->6. Recovery 23->27. Untechable 44->30.

j.hs - Untechable 16->30

j.d - Untechable 23->24

Throws:

Air Throw - Now has FRC Point. Frames 45-47.

Balls:

Now raise guard bar 6 (previous was 0). Lightning balls raise by 6x3.

Ball Summon->Layout change (214x->D) - New move. Changes your ball formation to the formation used in Slash for the corresponding button.

Doublehead Morbid:

623s- Now only one hit. Blows back opponent. Damage 17x3->44. Level 3->4.

624hs/d - By pressing the same button used to initiate the attack, can stop Venom's movement and start the attack early.

Dubious Curve:

Blockstun changed from 24->18F.

Groundslide lasts 2 more frames.

Slide distance approximately in half.

Can cancel into Teleport and Tactics Arch.

Teleport:

Additional time in counterhit state.

Startup 14->20F.

Recovery 7->1F.

Strike invincibility 7-10F -> 10-15F.

Full invincibility 11-14F -> 16-20F

FB Stinger Aim:

The shot now bounces off of your opponent and the wall once each.

Balls the shot hits bounce off your opponent and the wall multiple times?

FB Carcass Raid:

Decrease in velocity.

Shot bounces off the walls more times.

Balls the shot hits bounce off the wall multiple times.

Tactics Arch:

New move- 632146x or 632146x->D.

Places 5 lightning balls in the formation you pressed the button for.

Thanks to RoBoBOBR and TittyFOFO for updates!

Edited by DaiAndOh

a bit of proofreading based on frame data comparisson:

6H had 23F recovery, and now has 27 (44F was it's untechable, which is 30F now)

- j.H - untechable 16F -> 30F

- j.D - untechable 23F -> 24F

Dubious curve lists 19F recovery in AC and in AC+R

Teleport listed as 21F total in both versions, only in AC+R teleport completes on 21F (AC - 15F), also srike invincibility 7-10F -> 10-15F, full invincibility 11-14F -> 16-20F

And wiki states that you can cancel out of HS and D Double Head morbid by pressing the same button to stop the movement and initiate attack earlier.

Edited by RoBoBOBR

So, the slide distance caused by a dubious curve is like half of what it used to be. I noticed that some of my oki setups involving HS DBC weren't working the same and I thought that maybe the ball positions were slightly different, but characters don't slide as far as they used to in AC+. Dunno if there are any real pros to this, as I liked using DBC to help drive people into the corner ;[

ACR DL wiki was updated, some new info in framedata:

- c.S SD -8 -> -10

- j.S - damage 12[32] -> 24[37] (probably a typo in AC version corrected here, as 12[32] is damage of j.K), active 3F -> 5F

- S Carcass Raid - damage on charged ver. 22x2-6[30] -> 24x2-6[35], recovery on charged after release 30F -> 27F

- H Carcass Raid - damage on charged ver. 26x2-6[46] -> 27x2-6[49], recovery on charged after release 44F -> 41F

623s listed as 4 hit attack, damage 17x4[34] -> 44x4[37] (typo??)

FB Stinger Aim damage 50[50] -> 46[50]

Good catch. I went ahead and corrected the multiple hits part of S DHM.

Edited by TittyFOFO

So, the slide distance caused by a dubious curve is like half of what it used to be. I noticed that some of my oki setups involving HS DBC weren't working the same and I thought that maybe the ball positions were slightly different, but characters don't slide as far as they used to in AC+. Dunno if there are any real pros to this, as I liked using DBC to help drive people into the corner ;[

I think the idea is that being able to teleport off dubious curve makes it more usable as a midscreen combo tool. Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wIWlfwzghw&feature=youtu.be&t=33m56s (at 33:56 if it doesn't take you there already).

Overall the teleport changes are weird. Slower startup means it'll be tougher to use in the neutral game, but only 1F of recovery is pretty silly too. So maybe it's better off certain setups and for some combos?

Sign in to follow this