Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someoneman

E's Laf

So I was clicking on random links on WanWan's website and ended up finding this. Apparently, it's some crossover fighting game featuring characters from various doujin games (mostly RPGs supposedly, but I'm not 100% sure if that's true). The game has 12 characters, netplay, a color editor, and probably some other stuff that I didn't understand because the game is mostly Japanese. Could anyone go give the game a try and tell me what they think of it?

Dude, nice find!

Game looks pretty interesting, I'm watching the match vids while it downloads, this could be pretty fun to get into :D

I downloaded the game, but when I go to run it, I get a really loud and terrible buzzing. Doesn't go away no matter what boxes I check in config, or if I disable BGM in the game options. Any ideas?

Holy FUCK, even Cielo is in this.

How long as this existed and why are we just now finding out about this?!

From what I'm reading on the website, it's looking pretty GG Clone. If I'm understanding it right though, there's only IB. No JD. Also four buttons.

EDIT: And fatal counters. I'm out.

A tomboy soldier both likes and hates rain.

An Aoko-like character got movie references all over her movelist.

A dragon girl literally got Dragon Install, both in name and input.

I didn't even get to the game itself, and I like it already.

I'm having a lot of fun just messing around so far. Go go Qdora! :3

I downloaded the game, but when I go to run it, I get a really loud and terrible buzzing. Doesn't go away no matter what boxes I check in config, or if I disable BGM in the game options. Any ideas?

I haven't had any issues with the sound. Assuming you're using Windows, you can try running it in various compatibility modes (ie: right click the game's exe, properties, compatibility tab, etc), not sure if it will help but good luck. :(

I am in love with this game, Tae, Serena, Sisca are lots of fun (but really everyone is, it's so hard to pick a main~) still trying to understand some of the finer workings of the system but it's a real blast so far, one of the most interesting fighters I've played in ahile.

I'm gonna jot down some findings later~

I got the game to work by turning my speakers off and then on every time I run it (lol?).

The characters are pretty fun, in training mode anyway. Everyone is either ridiculously fast or does too much damage. Cletia was giving me meterless 5k just for mashing buttons.

I'll probably stick with Qdora in the end though. "Dragon Install!" too fucking cute.

I am in love with this game, Tae, Serena, Sisca are lots of fun (but really everyone is, it's so hard to pick a main~) still trying to understand some of the finer workings of the system but it's a real blast so far, one of the most interesting fighters I've played in ahile.

I'm gonna jot down some findings later~

By the way, the website got tons of info on the game's system, even some very minor things, like canceling the dash into a walk to block in time. So if you miss something, we could just translate all the website stuff and work from there.

Man, Cielo has a very tough time even breaking 3k and thats using meter.

Also, if anyone is interested, once we get a feel for the game I might record some matches just to generate some interest.

By the way, the website got tons of info on the game's system, even some very minor things, like canceling the dash into a walk to block in time. So if you miss something, we could just translate all the website stuff and work from there.

Yeah definitely working on that, hope to have something that we can all work on soon~ .o.

Also there's a weird glitch on Sisca B's 2C, for some reason at point plank, the hitbox is complerely non-existent sometimes...

Usually it reappears after the first 2 attempts, but if you move from position you'll "reset" it and sometimes while doing consecutive ones in place it will random vanish. Interesting that (since it has a vacuum effect) if you are in that perfect hit range and pull them into that null range, it NEVER misses.

EDIT: Also it seems everyone's crouching hitbox avoids High attacks with the exception of Main, Revil, and (surprisingly) Cielo (wonder if that's intentional for all 3)

Man, Cielo has a very tough time even breaking 3k and thats using meter.

Also, if anyone is interested, once we get a feel for the game I might record some matches just to generate some interest.

EDIT: At least she has the 2nd highest HP in the game D:

Don't feel bad, Tae's damage isn't all I want it to be, but at least she makes up with it for some awesome setups and just pure cool factor lol

We need to get that netplay going~

What is Tae's carpet good for? I see it slows air movement, is there something else?

... holy hell, other people play this game?

Also just noticing that they reached v1.0. Gotta go give that a run soon.

I've been playing this for a while when I can (I think I first found it at version like 0.45 or something). Tae all the way (with Qdora as a potential sub ... someday :v:).

For those just finding the game, a quick rundown of mechanics I'm aware of:

(Disclaimer: based on the previous version, since I haven't tried 1.0 yet)

• Four main attack buttons, labeled ABCD (duh)
  • Fifth button is called "Fatal". Hold this button when you land almost any attack, and for one stock of meter it'll either auto-counterhit (even in the middle of a combo) or do a bunch of guard meter damage if it's guarded (PS - this game has guard crush/break/whatever you want to call it).
  • This game has something similar to BB/P4A's SMP - you'll see a "Same Pattern". I'm not exactly sure of the specific details it goes on.
  • EX moves cost 1 stock. Supers cost 2.
  • You can cancel (most?) specials into other specials by entering the second special's input during the first. This is called an "S-Cancel" and costs 1 stock.
  • You can do something like a Roman Cancel. I think the input is A+B+C; Doesn't need to hit the opponent first. Called a "T-Cancel", and costs 1 stock.
  • There is some sort of burst mechanic. I never tried to fully understand it; just mash everything and hope for the best! :roboky:

After I get some time with 1.0, would anybody be interested in a writeup of some Tae tech? (Disclaimer: having little actual face-to-face matchup experience, said tech might be mostly combos and silly things. At least I can explain her moves decently)

Tales(agp24) could probably give some info on Alcott as well if he finds his way here.

EDIT:

What is Tae's carpet good for? I see it slows air movement, is there something else?

I've never found anything more about this move ("My Fire Ready"). Seems to be geared towards setups on oki and/or annoying people at range.

Looks like the Coloredit is broken too. I can change everything but certain colors on some characters, like I can change Cielo's skin color on her arms face, but her legs remain a totally different color. Looks pretty weird.

I've never found anything more about this move ("My Fire Ready"). Seems to be geared towards setups on oki and/or annoying people at range.

FYI, it's "My Fair Lady" all her moves are named after movies (most of which I'm surprised at, given the country of origin)

How do you get the training dummy to guard/tech? My limited Japanese knowledge tells me it should be in the second submenu where there are some options marked "recovery", but the behavior doesn't change.

I'm trying to figure out whether my combos are valid, sometimes the little hitstun bar turns red, and sometimes a red dot appears below it. Not sure exactly what those two things indicate.

How do you get the training dummy to guard/tech? My limited Japanese knowledge tells me it should be in the second submenu where there are some options marked "recovery", but the behavior doesn't change.

I'm trying to figure out whether my combos are valid, sometimes the little hitstun bar turns red, and sometimes a red dot appears below it. Not sure exactly what those two things indicate.

For guard options it's the 16th option going down (tons of guarding options but the basic ones are 1. none, 2. all, 3. random, 4. after 1st hit, 5. guard and jump), air recovery is 2 down from that with ground recovery right under it (cycles: 1. none, 2. forward, 3. neutral, 4. back, 5. random)

How do you set buttons for a fight stick? I feel so lost.

You'll need to go to the config (in the game folder, should be labeled as such with a coffee cup icon) and it will be on the 3rd tab

What do you do on the third tab? No matter what I press on my stick, nothing changes.

Excluding the first column (because that's nothing but direction inputs which shouldn't be messed with lol) you should just have to click the boxes next to each command (another box should pop up, disappearing only if you press a button) and hit the button you want to assign the command.