Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someoneman

E's Laf

Huh, can't seem to get it to work. Every time I click a button, that box automatically disappears before I can press anything on the stick; it flashes for a split second in other words. Thanks for the help though.

If it's giving you trouble, try a keyboard emulator like Joytokey to try and trick the program :3

Netplay is 100% working, I got my friend to download it and we were able to get a stable connection. Its surprisingly non-laggy too.

Then again we are both relatively close to each other.

FYI, it's "My Fair Lady" all her moves are named after movies (most of which I'm surprised at, given the country of origin)

Good to know. Never been much of a movie buff, so I'm probably calling a few of the moves incorrectly :v:

Fun little fact I just remembered - throws can be down by holding C and walking up to the opponent. You don't have to actually hit C to initiate the throw, just need to have C pressed.

On that note, here's some Tae info for v1.0:

Command normals: Tae has twelve of them

• 4A - upward elbow hit. Probably a decent anti-ait
  • 6A - gut punch. Has a shitbox that can hit things farther than you'd expect
  • 4A6A or 6AA - hip-level kick. Interestingly, 6AA can be done on whiff, but 4A6A can't.
  • 4B - overhead heelkick. No followup except counterhit, air hit, or grenade setups. Avoids lows.
  • 6B - advancing trip. Avoids lows.
  • 4C - roundhouse kick. Not too great since a few versions back where it lost its jump cancel
  • 6C - palm thrust. Decent range and leads to quite a few things
  • 4D - stomp. De-OTGs the opponent, but doesn't leave any room for a followup as far as I can tell.
  • 6D - jumping forward kick. Pretty awesome all around.
  • j.2A - stomp. Resets air momentum, can link a j.A or j.B on hit if deep enough.
  • j.2C - divekick. Groundbounces, no followup except on counterhit.
  • j.2D - shoots the ground. Thankfully not a low, but can be used for harassing, counterhitting, and silly crossup games. Followup possible on counterhit if Tae is low enough.

Specials: ... and this is where everyone tells me how wrong I am on move names
    • 236A - Under Siege - Pistol shot, hits up to about half a screen away. Hold A for a second hit. No real way to follow up, but a good guardstring ender.
    • 236B/C - Wait Until Dark - Grenade. Disappears if Tae is hit, explosion can harm both players (use 4B/6B to avoid it while attacking)
    • 214A/B - My Fire Ready My Fair Lady - Drops a mat of the ground. Messes with both players' air movement, probably good for setting up mixups
    • 214C - Some Like it Hot - Shotgun to the face. Great hitbox, can frametrap off of a guardstring. Groundslide on standing/crouching hit.
    • 214D - Apocalypse Now - Jumps up-forward into groundbouncing divekick. Costs 1 stock. Decent combo extender but not very powerful IMO.
    • 236D - Sweeny Todd - EX command dash. Costs 1 stock. Surprisingly useful.
    • 214214A - Mystical Machinegun - Projectile super, attacks aim during the superflash. Good for harassing the opponent or forcing your way in, but might not be worth the meter.
    • 236236A - A Ticket to Tomahawk - CANNON SUPER YEEEEAH! :cool: - Works best against opponents launched in the air. Not bad damage-wise, but the meter cost might still make it not worth using ...

One particularly interesting things about Tae is that fact that her command dash can be done in the air. Complete with doing ground normals (with all their typical properties) in the air. This leads to some silly mixup nonsense, although the meter cost makes it not too broken:

TK 236D ...

[*]2B <recover> falling j.A <land> 2B5C6BC214C (low -> high -> low)

Can replace the second 2B with 6AA or 5B for some extra damage if you can confirm it early.

[*]2AB <recover> falling j.A <land> 5B6BC214C (low -> low -> high)

[*]2B <recover> falling j.2A j.AB (or just j.A or j.B) <land> 5B6BC214C (low -> high -> high)

[*]etc ...

Do be careful with this, though - most characters seem to be able to crouch this. Then again, you could fuzzy it by cancelling into j.236S on a jump-in, so ...

Also note that Serena is a whore whose tiny hitbox basically invalidates all of this. :arg:

Some other starter combos:

2B5C6B5D236D 6AAD 6AA214C

Simple 1-stock corner carry, works from starting positions, 2511 damage

Whiffs on Serena, after the command dash instead just do 6AAC214C

corner:

2B5C6C214C <dash> 2A4A6AC214C

Simple corner combo, 3075 damage

if you want to switch sides:

2B5C6BC236D 6AAD 6AAC214C

Use the command dash to go under the opponent.

For the first "6AA", the first hit you have to hold the direction of the dash, then immediately press the opposite direction to compensate for Tae turning around. You can just do 4A6AD instead, but that sacrifices a bit of damage.

Omit the "6AAD" part if you're not near the corner

2798 damage

Silly character specific combo:

6B4D 4D 4D 4D 4D

Only seems to work on Alcott for some reason. Totally not worth it, but kinda funny :toot:

See those little red dots that keep appearing beneath the combo counter in that video? That's what I can't figure out. I'm guessing it has something to do with the SMP system, but it also happens when I go from 5B > 2B.

See those little red dots that keep appearing beneath the combo counter in that video? That's what I can't figure out. I'm guessing it has something to do with the SMP system, but it also happens when I go from 5B > 2B.

Burst points maybe? I wouldn't think this would be a game that limits when you can burst, but I'm not sure what else it could be.

This game runs fine on my toaster, that's a relief. And it even has the option to translate the menus into English, even though it doesn't affect Training for some reason.

Caligula seems like a fine take on Faust (my first fighting game love), even though I prefer a lab coat to, uhh, head-butt. He seems to have tons of setups, and I'm not sure I have the patience to learn them all here, so I'll probably just stick to Cielo and/or Cisca/Tae.

Training mode shows your frame advantage on block, godlike.

I'm having a hard time picking between Serena and Qdora. Serena seems way scarier, but I can't ignore the cuteness factor.

Training mode shows your frame advantage on block, godlike.

I'm having a hard time picking between Serena and Qdora. Serena seems way scarier, but I can't ignore the cuteness factor.

It also shows startup and active frames somewhere. I found that on accident trying to figure out how to make life regenerate.

Okay, so how the hell does online work. I can't figure it out.

"Option 1: Host

Set the delay then hit ok again. It'll only increment in 2s

Option 2: Join

Type an IP and hit ok again. "

"Option 1: Host

Set the delay then hit ok again. It'll only increment in 2s

Option 2: Join

Type an IP and hit ok again. "

IP based? Looks like no random matchmaking for me.

I'd say this is the most detailed training mode ever.

I mean, when you enable the input showcase, it displays the exact amount of frames the input existed for, and even the gaps between inputs.

I mean, holy shit.

I'd say this is the most detailed training mode ever.

I mean, when you enable the input showcase, it displays the exact amount of frames the input existed for, and even the gaps between inputs.

I mean, holy shit.

Melty has that too.

Random Cielo combo I've been messing with.

5BB 5C 5D 236A 5A 5C 236A 5A 5C 5D j.5B j.5B j.5C j.5D land j.5A j.5C j.5D 63216321A

I'm guessing alot of her combos come from resets and mixups due to you being able to cancel her grabs and such, but still. She has some silly combos for a grappler.

Does it? I never played it.

Still, the amount of options available is impressive.

... Can Melty allow you to position yourself at certain places on reset?

Also, found a really, really simple Qdora BNB for anybody who wants it:

Confirm to 2B, 5C, 4D, 421C.

Give knockdown, does alright damage (1302 from 5A > 5B) and only costs 18% of her D gauge.

Edit: Oh what the fuck.

Adjustable percentages for the probability of a throw tech.

Oh and slightly better version of above BNB:

Confirm to 2B > 5C > 2C, 5B > 5C > 4D > 421C (Needs to replace the 5B with 5A from 5A/2A > 5B).

Melty has that too.

As does Aquapazza.

Really digging this game. The feature set it has for being a freely distributed HD sprite fighter is pretty astounding. Hitboxes, full color editor, netplay, all these training options I can't read...

Doesn't hurt that it's pretty fun too.

You guys are making me sad because I can't experience the joy that is E's Laf :(.

Glad to know that it's good though.

Where are the options for regenerating health and infinite meter in training?

I neeeeeeeeeds them!

Also Sisca is badass <3

Meter is the sixth one on the list. Not sure about HP replenishment.

Health regen is one of the first few; I'm thinking it's the second option on the list. Anyone find a crouch / jump option? Also, I know there's a record function in there somewhere but haven't been able to locate it yet.

Is there a wiki set up for this game where people could maybe start compiling some stuff like a translation of the training menu and whatnot?

These are the options I know:

1. Starting Position

2. ???

3. Health Regen

4. Health

5. Guard Bar

6. Super Meter

7. The green bar (what does it do??? ;_;)

8. ???

9. ???

10. ???

11. ???

12. Input Display

13. ???

14. ???

15. I _think_ this lets you assign the training dummy to 2P

16. Stand/Crouch/Jump

17. Guard None/All/Random/After First Hit/Guard then Jump/etc.

18. ???

19. Air Tech None/Forward/Neutral/Back/Random

20. Ground Tech ^same

21. Counterhit Default/On/Fatal/Random

22. Slow Motion (actually pretty awesome)

23. Show Hitboxes

24. ???

25. Game Options

26. I have no goddamn idea

27. Character-Specific Stuff

28. Don't know what any of this is either

29. Character Select

30. Command List

31. Title Screen

Nine is that throw tech probability thing I mentioned before (I'm still slightly amused by that).