Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someoneman

E's Laf

In any case, the reason I found it notable is because it looks like Reviel 6D > charged D~C will allow you a free crossup attempt with the orb. You can jump normally to end up behind them right before the 3rd hit, or IAD to get behind them for the 2nd hit.

I was mistaken about the grace period, it only looked that way because his j.B somehow shifts his axis backward even though he appears to be moving forward.

In any case, the reason I found it notable is because it looks like Reviel 6D > charged D~C will allow you a free crossup attempt with the orb. You can jump normally to end up behind them right before the 3rd hit, or IAD to get behind them for the 2nd hit.

I was mistaken about the grace period, it only looked that way because his j.B somehow shifts his axis backward even though he appears to be moving forward.

So, shortly after this thread was first made, Elochai posted a comment on his stick not operating with the games configuration program, detailing that said program would exit the input insert window immediately after appearing, without accepting any commands within the time it was visible.

I'm having this exact same problem now: I doubt it's a PC - related thing, because my old stick was compatible, and I also doubt it's version - related, due towards version 1.00 admitting said old stick, but not my current one. It's probably related to the stick itself.

The stick would be a Hori RAP VX - SA (Elochai, is this your model/of the same brand as it?). Considering that more involving the game has been discovered since this thread's creation, I was inquiring as towards whether anybody had both discovered and resolved this occurence previously. Does anybody have anything?

So, shortly after this thread was first made, Elochai posted a comment on his stick not operating with the games configuration program, detailing that said program would exit the input insert window immediately after appearing, without accepting any commands within the time it was visible.

I'm having this exact same problem now: I doubt it's a PC - related thing, because my old stick was compatible, and I also doubt it's version - related, due towards version 1.00 admitting said old stick, but not my current one. It's probably related to the stick itself.

The stick would be a Hori RAP VX - SA (Elochai, is this your model/of the same brand as it?). Considering that more involving the game has been discovered since this thread's creation, I was inquiring as towards whether anybody had both discovered and resolved this occurence previously. Does anybody have anything?

I had the same issue with my pad when it was using Xbox drivers, but switching to PS3 drivers solved the problem. The pad works fine in game either way, but I can only configure it when it's running in PS3 mode.

So... It might just disallow 360 sticks (my old stick came dual - modded)? Aaaaaa...

I do actually have a pad for PC, but I refuse to play on it by basis of it being a pad :v: . I've also tried applying the pad's buttons to the program as to match where I would place them on stick, and then connect the stick and use it as the actual playing device, but it was utterly unresponsive.

Continuing to update the E's Laf wiki, slowly.

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/E%27s_Laf/Main Main's page is mostly done, minus some cleanup. I'm starting on Reviel's page now. If anyone has any information, advice, or can help expand the wiki in any way, please let me know! I'm trying, but progress is slow with only one person putting time in.

New to this thread, but I've been playing this game ever since I saw it on a stream on twitch(DaKiduKno). saw him practicing combos with Sisca A and it spurred me to play around with her. And I found that breaking 2k meterless isn't hard at all with her, yet most of the Wiki Combos are too complicated for not enough damage to make it worth the effort.

I personally love to play Sisca A and I'll update with some of the combos I've found, so they may be added to the Wiki at some point.

New to this thread, but I've been playing this game ever since I saw it on a stream on twitch(DaKiduKno). saw him practicing combos with Sisca A and it spurred me to play around with her. And I found that breaking 2k meterless isn't hard at all with her, yet most of the Wiki Combos are too complicated for not enough damage to make it worth the effort.

I personally love to play Sisca A and I'll update with some of the combos I've found, so they may be added to the Wiki at some point.

If you don't have a mizuumi account (or do and don't want to bother), feel free to post up your findings here and I'll copy them over with credit to you.

If anyone is still looking into this thread from time to time, I'm still lurking about and I'll try to answer any questions/continue with any discussions. It would be nice to get feedback and maybe try to organize a Poverty netplay tournament or something, assuming anyone messes with this game here.

here are a few that I tested out with Sisca-A against Tae, but work on most of the cast (Alcott is a problem character)

Corner Meterless

5A5B5C 623C->6C->6B 5A5B5C5D(x2) 5A5B5C6D 623B->5C (2428)

j5C->214B 5A5B5C 236B 5B5C 623C->6C->6B 5A5B5C5D 5A5B5C6D 623B->5C (2718)

Midscreen Meterless

5A5B5C 623C->6C->6B 5A5B5C5D 5B5C 623B->C (2269)

j5C->214B 5A5B5C 236B 5B5C 623C->6C->6B 5A5B5C5D 5B5C6C 623C->5C (2563)

I also do a bit of messing around with Caligula, and I saw in youtube videos people saying that you'd be lucky to get 2K damage meterless in the corner, and thats just wrong. Ending you Caligula combos with 5AAAA j5D(x1-2) jc Airthrow will tack on a lot of damage both midscreen and in the corner.

ex. 6C(3 hits) 6[D] 5C(3-4 hits) 5AAAA j5D jc Airthrow gets me about 2400 and can be done on anyone midscreen as far as I know

So Caligula fascinated me and I started off with him. Settled on Caligula and Alcott.

Played around with Caligula a bit and found that he can do the dumbest shit on Cecil, Qdora, himself and Alcott:

5AAAA j.D hold 6C

Only when facing right, the aforementioned characters are large enough to be caught again while falling from an airgrab. Only to the right, as airgrabbed characters fall to the left on either side, meaning when facing right they fall right back into the airgrab.

EDIT: Additional contributions.

-Alcott's 632146C super puts the opponent in a much shorter guardcrush stun on hit, even if comboed into. If they get to wake up from this, you can start a new combo, essentially a free reset, but you have to be fast. No big whammy openers.

-Caligula's 6A has ridiculous amounts of invulnerability and is an easy way to start a combo.

-Alcott's 5D can and will throw Cletia/Reinhard's assist character way the hell off screen, essentially disabling the assist for much longer.

Nice find with the air grab, I saw that weird knockback happen, but I never thought of chaining it with more grabs.

and speaking of using 6A as a combo starter, its a tough link, but starting your combo off with 6A 5B 2D 421C can lead to some heavy damage very quickly, but as said, its not exactly an easy link.

Good stuff! Tbh, the Caligula throw effect seems really dumb, but not enough to turn me off to the game.

Caligula has a ton of invul in various places, from both his front and back steps and airdashes to several of his normals. In exchange, having played some rounds with and against him, his Counter Boost (Burst) is extremely unreliable for getting people off of him, and his overall movement is pretty lacking. I'd like to start his section after Reviel's, so if you come up with any item-specific combos or interesting tech, feel free to share!

If anyone is willing to help me with screenshotting normals and moves for use on the wiki, please let me know!

List of characters vulnerable to Caligula's airgrab loop: Cielo, Alcott, Caligula, Qdora, Reviel, Cecil

Any character not on this list will fall out of the airgrab during the first two projectiles if facing right. All characters will be hit by all the projectiles and fall normally when facing left.

I'd love to contribute to building a Mizuumi article. I actually wrote up some early findings and an overview on the E's Laf wiki so feel free to copy that.

I've been theorizing about ending an air combo with low airgrab or j.C S-Canceled into B jerky, then sj.D into airgrab loops from much higher (looking at 8-9 grabs on Alcott). I'll post test results when I have them.

I'll pester my friend and see if I can't get some translations for what the talking items say.

Also, as a random tidbit, from what I've gathered Caligula's supposed to be some kind of elite or at least highly competent mercenary and an antagonist in Prince Calling, Princess Crying and wants revenge on Sisca (protagonist from same game) for apparently deforming his face or something. Just a little backstory in case it's needed.

Also have some Alcott:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89wsPkObBM

It does go invalid but it's pretty and fairly damaging. I'll make a better quality video without framedrops later, notation is included in the description. Just a little something to mess around with.

EDIT: Tests indicate that 2D 214C is inferior to 2D>421A at least on characters vulnerable to the airgrab loop. The reasoning is that the bee has fairly little untech time and lets the opponent airtech pretty high up. The jerky however is untechable all the way to the ground, allowing for either neutral sj.D into grab loops or 5AAAA j.D grab loops for corner carry, or simply an airgrab and okizeme if facing left.

Oh yeah, the creator is making a HUGE revamp of the entire game [like seriously, the resolution for the new Sisca sprite is big as hell]. I guess you could consider it a remake(?) or full sequel if it makes you feel better.

But yeah, SHIN [true] E's Laf is on the way [probably YEARS off though, unless they work like madmen].

randomly came across this game on youtube I have been away from fighting games for awhile but this game is bringing me back been messing around with tae

Oh yeah, the creator is making a HUGE revamp of the entire game [like seriously, the resolution for the new Sisca sprite is big as hell]. I guess you could consider it a remake(?) or full sequel if it makes you feel better.

But yeah, SHIN [true] E's Laf is on the way [probably YEARS off though, unless they work like madmen].

Ridiculously late reply but the official maker ( https://twitter.com/yosimiduka ) states it as a full blown sequel (E's Laf 2) and his twitter username is basically "E's Laf 2 to be released by the end of fiscal year [april/may in japan]"

Dunno if he can stick to that, but he's been working really hard.

It's not, but you have to go onto IRC to find opponents. The #eslaf channel is dead for some reason, but people always seem to be up for playing in #poverty.

Sweet, looks like I finally have a reason to use IRC again. I'm really interested in recording some netplay matches, which I'll probably do after I finish this Reinhard combo vid.

Also, I don't think this was documented anywhere, but if the first hit of a combo Fatal Counter's (regardless of forced or actual counter) it'll increase the opponents guard break guage and you can force them into a dizzy state, even if they didn't attempt to block.

MORE CALIGULA

Also Caligula patch, serious buffs. Caligula for top tier.

Observed changelog:

-Backdash is MUCH faster.

-2C can be charged to home and make search range fullscreen.

-j.D can still be used to store your momentum but doing j.4D or j.6D will kill your momentum and send you spinning horizontally right or left.

-6C trajectory changed, now goes in about a 35 degree angle up. Horizontal range is shorter, now actually a combo tool.

-c.5B into 5A may be an easier link. Not sure.

-Airgrab loop is still in the game, no changes to that.

-j.C can be held for shenanigans.

-j.C can be canceled on landing into full charged 2C that bypasses startup.

Also Caligula patch, serious buffs. Caligula for top tier.

Observed changelog:

-Backdash is MUCH faster.

-2C can be charged to home and make search range fullscreen.

-j.D can still be used to store your momentum but doing j.4D or j.6D will kill your momentum and send you spinning horizontally right or left.

-6C trajectory changed, now goes in about a 35 degree angle up. Horizontal range is shorter, now actually a combo tool.

-c.5B into 5A may be an easier link. Not sure.

-Airgrab loop is still in the game, no changes to that.

-j.C can be held for shenanigans.

-j.C can be canceled on landing into full charged 2C that bypasses startup.

There was a patch? It's not listed on the main site at all as a 'version up'.

I'm guessing this is it?