Sign in to follow this  
Jourdal

Nico Nico 101

I'd like to assume that by now everyone knows how to navigate nico. This is for those that still may be a little lost or need clarifying.

Okay, the things I'm going to cover in this topic are:

First and foremost, to watch videos on the site you need to be a member. Unless of course you'd like to bypass that with something like MM Cafe Nico Redirector,for those of you who don't, create an account here. The site is in English now, so navigating Japanese (I'll elaborate later) shouldn't really be an obstacle.

Okay, so now you have your account, how does one find videos of Kaqn mashing playing? Unfortunately (in my personal experience) English keywords wont really yield you results for specific things (e.g using the keyword "Kaqn" will not help you find his most recent videos if any). Tags for games however are a bit different. A few examples of tags that I personally use to find videos:

If looking for a specific player generally "Game + Player name" should suffice. For example, we want a recent Kaqn video: Typing ”ブレイブルー かきゅん” and narrowing the search to "Newest Uploaded" gives you 827 results ordered from most recent to oldest. For a list of player/character names in Japanese check this thread

As for how to download videos, I'll be posting my personal method. If there's another you feel is perhaps more useful then by all means post it and I'll add it to the thread. I use Nicofox Fire Fox plugin. Last i checked it was NOT compatible with versions of Fire Fox beyond 17 or so. So you may want to downgrade/not upgrade, and make sure Fire Fox isn't set to automatically update when you run it. Nico Fox, just as when viewing a video,requires that you are logged in. The maximum amount of videos you can download at a given time are 3. You can of course have as many videos as you'd like queued. It has some options such as download the thumbnail, the comments etc. File sizes for videos will never be larger than 99MB or so. Another simpler option is using a download plugin such as "Download helper". This alternative is easier, but there are a couple of disadvantages:

That's essentially all there is to Nico, hopefully this helps~

Random Maybe sort of useful Links.
BlazBlue Tag Set To Newest Uploaded
P4U Tag Set To Newest Uploaded
GGXXAC+R Set To Newest Uploaded

• How to navigate/search Nico
  • How to download videos from Nico

• BlazBlue - ブレイブルー (Alternatively BBCP works fine, but both are ideal because they actually yield different results at times)
  • Persona 4 Arena - P4U
  • Guilty Gear - GGXXAC+R
  • Under Night In Birth - アンダーナイトインヴァース (Alternatively UNi)

• The videos default name is "smile" (Nico Fox gives you the name of the actual video and the videos are numbered in such away that they are automatically correctly ordered based on upload date) and in my experience trying to rename it when you save it sometimes results in errors. Not a big deal, but can be a hassle when you're getting a lot of videos.
  • Nico fox has a handy feature that allows videos to stay queued while a video's current status is in economy mode (lets not mince words, eco mode quality is garbage), download helper will download regardless.
  • Occasionally download helper just wont download the file lol.

Sign in to follow this