Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackYakuzu94

Blazblue: Alter Memory

*On the page*

>Caractor

You had one job.

But anyway, I do wonder how the plot of the anime will play out. Will it retell events we know about or does it try to show stuff we haven't seen before.

*On the page*

>Caractor

You had one job.

But anyway, I do wonder how the plot of the anime will play out. Will it retell events we know about or does it try to show stuff we haven't seen before.

If the introduction page is anything to go by, it's going to adapt the events of the games, starting with Calamity Trigger.

Again, my only real hope is that they'll delve into some of the stories that have been exclusive to print media. Even if it's just flashbacks.

If it does get dubbed I really hope they use the same english va's as the game.

Depends if Funimation doesn't touch it or not. Because if they do, the only one guaranteed to reprise their role is Patrick Seitz as Ragna.

Depends if Funimation doesn't touch it or not. Because if they do, the only one guaranteed to reprise their role is Patrick Seitz as Ragna.

Could someone explain why this is?

Could someone explain why this is?

He's the only one who does work for both LA & Texas. Funimation tend to outsource VA's from LA, but it usually depends on how popular the anime itself is. They got the original cast for Black Lagoon and Hellsing because they're juggernauts.

I Patrick is the only one guaranteed its just as likely they can get the others as well. Also, Laura Bailey and Travis Willingham for the same reasons.

Hasn't Cristina Vee done some Funimation stuff too?

Hasn't Cristina Vee done some Funimation stuff too?

Not that I know of. She's mostly done LA work as far as I know.

Time to rock the internet.

Not that I know of. She's mostly done LA work as far as I know.

Time to rock the internet.

She did a voice for K-ON and if I'm not mistaken that property is licenced by Funimation.

What sucks is that I want Mela Lee to do Rachel, she just captures her so perfectly in my opinion. Not to mention David Vincent as Jin and Hakumen.

She did a voice for K-ON and if I'm not mistaken that property is licenced by Funimation.

What sucks is that I want Mela Lee to do Rachel, she just captures her so perfectly in my opinion. Not to mention David Vincent as Jin and Hakumen.

Nope, Sentai/Manga/Bandai entertainment licensed and dubbed K-On.

K-ON's second season and movie, which Cristina did do Mio in both, is licenced to Sentai Filmworks. Honest mistake, they're both in Texas. Sentai Filmworks and its sister company Section 23 Films were both built from the remnants of the now defunct ADV Films (in fact, they are 2 of 5 successors to the company).

K-ON's first season was licensed to the now defunct Bandai Entertainment.

I'm so excited for this! Yay!! *Is already making future AMV plans*

But I must worry that it might.....suck

Video game-turned-anime adaptations never really turned out well...*Remembers Xenosaga*

X___X

And I really do want the regular english VA's to do the dubbing. I think I'd be a bit weirded out if, for example, I heard Chris Patton doing Jin's/Hakumen's voice @_____@

I'm so excited for this! Yay!! *Is already making future AMV plans*

But I must worry that it might.....suck

Video game-turned-anime adaptations never really turned out well...*Remembers Xenosaga*

X___X

And I really do want the regular english VA's to do the dubbing. I think I'd be a bit weirded out if, for example, I heard Chris Patton doing Jin's/Hakumen's voice @_____@

Damn it xD, now I want to see the Xenosaga animation just because you reminded me that there is such a thing.

Honestly I just hope that it even manages to come over here, I'd hate to have to watch it online. Would rather buy it and support the series.

I really hope they stick to the usual V.A's for both the original Japanese and the English Dub...

I shutter at the thought of someone like Brina Palencia or Monica Rial voicing Rachel if Funimation gets the dubbing license...

If they did change up the voice actors though, I can imagine a decent take on Litchi through Colleen Clickenbeard. (Luffy from One Piece, Yuuko Ichihara from xxxHOLiC, Miranda Lotto from D. Grey Man, Moka Akashiya's Vampire form from Rosario + Vampire, and so much more!)

I shutter at the thought of someone like Brina Palencia or Monica Rial voicing Rachel if Funimation gets the dubbing

I Fucking LOVE Monica Rial, but she would not be a good match up for Rachel. She could pull off a Kaka Kitten or something.

As for Brina Palencia, she's pretty good with certain characters. I liked her Yin from Daker than Black.

I like Funimation, I have nothing against any of their voice talent, it's just I prefer the original voices from the game. I still shudder when I think back to CS and hear Laura Bailey doing the voice of Rachel. I'm so used to Mela Lee it would be just too distracting.

Well it's just, funimation has some great VA's. But BlazBlue has already found some decent voices for their characters, no one else would be able to do half a good job as Cristina Vee as Noel, Mela Lee as Rachel, or Cindy Robinson as Makoto. Not to mention, while Funimation has some great VA's, they haven't always made the best casting decisions...

So stoked that this is finally happening.

I agree that they should stick with the current VA's that the game has. I surprisingly love the English dubbing of BB and would be incredibly disappointed to not hear them in the show. Not that I really have anything against Funimation, but if you already have a good thing going...

I was doing some searching around, and I managed to find the Japanese VA list. From what I could tell, most if not all the Japanese VA's are the same as the game. (Tsubaki's, Rachel's, Noel's, and Makoto's VA's are the same.)

Funi DOES outsource if the source material is insanely popular but don't count on it.

The real problem is that they're the best for a quality release. Sentai would probably get the original cast, but their dubs are rushed to hell and they have tons of problems with their discs on release day. Aniplex would ensure that an extremely high quality release but it would cost and arm and a leg. And...actually, those three are about it. Shit.

I was doing some searching around, and I managed to find the Japanese VA list. From what I could tell, most if not all the Japanese VA's are the same as the game. (Tsubaki's, Rachel's, Noel's, and Makoto's VA's are the same.)

The JPN track will DEFINITELY use the same Seiyuu, the Japanese are crazy obsessed with keeping the same actor for a character in a franchise. Plus it's cheaper to hire them (Japanese seiyuu get paid less to work than American dubbers do--that's why they appear in so many anime at a time, they HAVE TO or they're gonna be starving) and Japan is small so they can all be brought to the studio quickly (never mind that almost all Seiyuu and recording studios are in Tokyo anyway)

Yes, Nakamura IN. I might actually watch this now.

main thing i want to know is how many eps will they be i say it might be 12 all together but i hope its more then that but i doubt it