Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[Xrd] News & (Theoretical) Gameplay Discussion

As awesome as hand-drawn sprites are, they just just aren't a cost-effective business model for this game. People expect every character from AC+R to return, and redrawing them all in HD and adding the inevitable new characters would make ArcSys broke before they finished even half the cast.

Stylized cel-shading is the next best thing. It preserves the style of the original while being more cost-effective (and more tolerable to the "OMG luks like a flash gem" audience).

Judging by the reactions here and in the youtube comment section, it seems like it won't.

I personally do find it ugly, and just hope they don't replace hand-drawn sprites with these models in all of the following ASW titles...

"A new era for Arc System Works is coming"

:vbang:

Same here, looks like they are streamlining their products. Looks like shitty anime prod instead of nice GG creepy and nice art.

Fuck, I teared up watching that trailer. It's been too long. Given ASW's sequel progression record I'm sure the game will be great and the new look seems fine. Music already starting off awesome also. Now I want BBCP more than ever because waiting for both of these is going to kill me.

Watching the trailer again i wonder what happened to Ky at 1:47

It seems that he was pushed by Sol's attack, could this mean that attacks that are stronger push the oponent when they clash?

I also hope that the 3d effect when doing a 5D is just there for the trailer and not in the final game, it would be distracting imo

Same here, looks like they are streamlining their products. Looks like shitty anime prod instead of nice GG creepy and nice art.

GG was always anime.

Oh, and something of note: It seems as if you can cancel specials into other specials. Multiple times, within fact. Probably costs meter or something.

Between everything I've seen this weekend, I think I've reached maximum hype. It just can't get any better!

GG was always anime.

Oh, and something of note: It seems as if you can cancel specials into other specials. Multiple times, within fact. Probably costs meter or something.

That's the old animation for Grand Viper. They also showcase the dust-loop being performed in the corner. It's a call-back to old fans who have been waiting for a long time.

It's time to open my coffin.

BTW, does this mean that all the hype for GGXXAC+R is gone? Lol

First thought was "oh wow, they managed to make Ky look even more gay."

Sol's sword is new. Wonder what that's about.

I am sure that the "new" sword is just a redesign of Fire Seal, like what happened on GG2ndO

BTW, does this mean that all the hype for GGXXAC+R is gone? Lol
It'll provide me with Pre-New GG hype.

I literally cannot stop watching it.

So much for my aspirations in life.

I feel like a vampire who is tasting blood for the first time in 1000 years...

Don't worry man, i think that we wouldn't see the new GG until the end 2014, for arcades at least.

Idk about everyone else, but I'm for sure that the cel-shading looks FUCKING BEAUTIFUL.

I'm going to die before the game comes out though. Seeing this trailer was like seeing the damn Shichosei. I swear I heard Toki's voice and knew he was posed with his finger pointing straight up at my doom.

Ahhhh it's been so long since I last posted in this forum

I find the new character models to be okay, I think drawing sprites is too costly and I'm quite content on how it look likes. Also I think it gives us the advantage of outfit swaps if ever *_*

But I kinda dislike Ky's ponytail it looks so girly and the frills on his costume doesn't work. Excited to see the rest of the cast. Millia's orange clothes looks refreshing to me, her light blue theme gives the feeling she's ice cold but maybe she has a change of character now. The outfit also kinda makes her more Russian. I hope Dizzy's outfit become more modest too, I want to see her in a battle dress

Don't worry man, i think that we wouldn't see the new GG until the end 2014, for arcades at least.

But that makes me want it more. I'm so conflicted right now.

This gives me time to prepare. To save for a trip to Japan when the game comes out. Learn how to edit videos, stream, etc.

Guess i should start playing GG for real now. Idk why, but i'm pretty hype for this despite not playing much.

If the Capcom community is able to actively compete in both Street Fighter AND Marvel, I see no reason that the airdashing community shouldn't be able to actively compete in both Guilty Gear AND BlazBlue. This is the time to expand the airdasher's reach, not to spread our resources thin with petty in-fighting.

If the Capcom community is able to actively compete in both Street Fighter AND Marvel, I see no reason that the airdashing community shouldn't be able to actively compete in both Guilty Gear AND BlazBlue. This is the time to expand the airdasher's reach, not to spread our resources thin with petty in-fighting.

air dash 4 life.