Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[Xrd] News & (Theoretical) Gameplay Discussion

The time-frame of a port having an adverse effect on the game's technical quality isn't really something worth worrying about anymore.  The hardware in arcade machines is so close to the hardware in modern consoles that less time is required to code a port than in previous console generations.

More often that not, the main reason for a long delay in a home port is due to marketing.  Developers have to allow a certain period of arcade exclusivity for new titles, otherwise the arcades have less motivation to buy the newest games.  There's also stuff like selecting a release window that minimizes competition and other less-apparent factors that go into deciding when to release a new game on consoles.

The home version of Xrd isn't exactly being rushed out the door, either.  Even if they meet that September 30th release (which is likely to be the very earliest it would come out), that's a delay of over seven months.  BBCT and CS both took approximately seven months to hit consoles, while P4A took less than five months.

Ah, I guess this was a good answer. This lowered most of the fear I had, I knew all about the marketing part but didn't know how fast those other games came out. Only other grip I had was no english voice acting. I don't really care TOO much but it would've been a nice touch. But when I was expecting some english dubs I was also worried that they might butcher some characters.

I feel that it would be hard to find good VAs for Venom, Eddie, Millia, May, n I-no. But since there's most likely not gonna be english VAs, I'm kinda salty, yet relieved.

Anywho, my fears are all mostly gone. 

I can't understand why anyone would be miffed ArcSys is making the effort to get this game out here so fast, and really I think it's a good idea

Even though most are going to get it on PS3 barring a horrifying version discrepancy, it's due to be the real premiere fighter on the PS4 and that is gonna help exposure

I mean I'm not sure if Killer Instinct for example would be as successful(?) as it's been if it hadn't been the only fighter for xbone players right now, you know?

So just to map this out, there's the 14 character themes, the 5 special VS themes, the opening and ending song, and the character select and title screen music.

That's 23 tracks and if they're counting the overture leftovers then it's up to 25

two more songs then

Likely going to be a theme for whoever the new character is and main menu music. 

it's actually 24 currently, unless you count MOM mode's gg2 char select, personally i dont think they will. main menu theme makes sense and new char theme and if it really is sin then ky vs sin theme to fill the 27th spot.

31 December is just a placeholder.

Also, who cares about alt costumes? I just need decent online and vs mode, and that'it

Only other grip I had was no english voice acting. I don't really care TOO much but it would've been a nice touch. But when I was expecting some english dubs I was also worried that they might butcher some characters.

Oh? When did they announce they weren't recording English voices?

I would be really interested to hear Chipp's English lines if dubbing is going to happen.

Nah they never said that they were going to have english dubs. I, just had false hope of Guilty gear having english dubs because of the way they are trying to appeal to the west. Like having their trailers in english subtitles that, and I'm not sure but I think they themselves said that they were trying to appeal to the west.

If anything I'm not sure I would like Troy Baker and Liam O'Brien reprising as Sol and Ky. Not that they did a bad job, but I feel those two are already well established as other characters in Arc's other fighting game; Persona.

If anything I'm not sure I would like Troy Baker and Liam O'Brien reprising as Sol and Ky. Not that they did a bad job, but I feel those two are already well established as other characters in Arc's other fighting game; Persona.

and if Sin does show up, that'd be the same case for both persona AND Blazblue (as Yuri voices Yosuke and Amane respectively)

You know there are already plenty of shared voice actors between Guilty Gear and BlazBlue in the original Japanese voice casts.

You know there are already plenty of shared voice actors between Guilty Gear and BlazBlue in the original Japanese voice casts.

Yeah, maybe I haven't heard enough of That Man enough to hear the Ragna out of his voice, but from what I've heard they sound pretty distinctive from one another. Troy Baker and Liam O'Brien, to me, their voices are way to distinctive and it's really easy to pick them out. Maybe it's just because I actually know the language and maybe That Man and Ragna would bug me as well if I knew japanese. It's like watching any dubbed anime and counting the minutes until Steven Blum shows up.

Maybe it's just because I actually know the language and maybe That Man and Ragna would bug me as well if I knew japanese. It's like watching any dubbed anime and counting the minutes until Steven Blum shows up.

Haha, true that.

I think an English dub for Xrd is a strong possibility because it's become an established trend that's expected for these games.  Personally, I'd rather they didn't dub it.  It just seems like such an unnecessary expense.  I feel pretty confident saying there is not one English-speaking person on the planet who bought any BlazBlue title who would have foregone the purchase if they hadn't included an English voice track.  And if there is anybody out there who's that stupid, I'd rather not play with them anyway.

I'm just used to GG being Japanese audio and I'm tired of hearing the same handful of dub actors.  They can do a dub if they want even though that does seem like unnecessary expense, but I won't be using it.

Oh, so I take back what I said.  You cannot RC clashed moves that activate danger time.  Both characters go to neutral though so you wouldn't get any advantage other than the time slow. 

Also, I had time to sit and study the Arc Revo Cup qual schedule today in detail.  There are still 32 spots just like last year for +R but this time there are more preliminaries for each block and more blocks overlap in a shorter period of time overall.  So, you really have to be strategic about how you approach things.  You can either try to go to the tournament that falls on the day for the block finals every time, giving you more actual chances to qualify, but then it will be stacked with killers every time.  On the other hand, you can try to go to an early qual in a block that is kind of not in a very populated area and have an easier time getting to the finals, but then you basically have to wait like 3 whole weeks until the block final, and you can't enter tournaments again until the block final is over, so you are sacrificing more chances to have an easier time getting to block finals.  Block finals will also be brutal with 6 to 8 people competing in them!  I think I will try to approach things kind of both ways.  I plan to at least enter the local Gunma tournaments because they are near where I live and there will be less killers (someone good always shows up though lol) but otherwise I think I will try for block finals days when possible.  Man, I am hype for this season!

They're also adding a new stage called "Arena" which will only be available when stage select is turned on. Operators can set event names (tournament names) which will display in the "Arena" stage.

I just wanna know what the hell people are saying during a fight. 

Ky sounds more cocky and aggressive when talking during matches. I kinda like it.

Version 1.4 incoming.

Just small changes to the system, and little stuff like the condition for ky to lose the ponytaile, the damage of some RC etc etc

http://ggxrd.com/wanted/

Good, he kinda loses it too quickly in my opinion sometimes.

They're also adding a new stage called "Arena" which will only be available when stage select is turned on. Operators can set event names (tournament names) which will display in the "Arena" stage.

Can't wait to see it, this games stages are beautiful. I do hope they add a final destination like stage for online purposes. The closest to that right now is Japan i think, and maybe Draconian Falls.

Hope they keep that feature on console.

hopefully they're removing the current forced proration when you combo during rc slowdown

www.guiltygear.us was recently updated, now shows "Holiday Season 2014" instead of "Fall 2014" as release date. :(