Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[Xrd] News & (Theoretical) Gameplay Discussion

Gonna try to get my copy of the Hard Rock Collection and Isuka soundtracks signed.  Maybe I should be a derpsausage and ask him to sign my Wii copy of AC.  :v:

Either they'll think I'm an idiot or a hardcore enough fan to play with shit motion controls.

I still want to high-five the hell out of whoever came up with Accent Calories.

With the exception of new character announcements (fingers crossed!), I'm more excited than anything to learn more about Xrd's online infrastructure.  The console ports of Plus R really left me hungry for a Guilty Gear fighter with a proper online feature set.  If they can take everything they've learned from the online modes for BB and further refine their already stellar netcode, they might just make having people over obsolete.

Ask what the window for release in PAL territories is and who's handling it. If they can't say, ask why they're so uninterested in other countries not being able to play their videogames.

"...they might just make having people over obsolete."

Like...Is this jokes?

I'm sure it's a joke.  Besides the fact that the network infrastructure of this country is too shitty for that to happen, I'd rather meet up with 10 people at a friend's house and swear at each other for burst throws than play by myself at home with even 1 frame of input-delay from netcode.

But yeah, looking forward to good netcode, good lobbies and other online features, and video capture/sharing capabilities of PS4.  Should be relatively easy for anyone to stream/post and try to build hype for the community now.

Like...Is this jokes?

I was veering more in the direction of cheeky social commentary, but sure.  We can go with that.

I am honestly looking forward to the game's online capabilities, though.  I generally place a greater importance on that because A) more than half the people I play with don't live in the same time zone as me and B) it's pretty hard for developers to screw up local multiplayer in this day and age.

Please ask the only thing that we really care about:

-release date

-Consoles differences (framerate, what's the most arcade perfect etc)

-The game is region free? Actually quite important to know for eurofriends

-ps3 stick compability (according to sony, it's up to the developers)

-Online features (no lobby like +R plz) and such

-Why there isn't still a temple dedicated to Daisuke Ishiwatari with a giant statue of him in the middle for everyone to revere

Personal: Will we ever have GG3 as a sequel to GG2?

Btw, european localisation is not something that it's up neither to Arcsys or Aksys. You should ask the guy of Zen united, that were so smart to write in their FB page: "Prepare your money for importing", related to xrd Aksys announcement lol

Keep 64 player lobbies for the love of god. And also, better online training mode no 99 second timer please. And no squares, fuck the squares

Oh yea and a rematch option for 1v1 lobbies (Why the fuck do I have to ASK for this!?!?! Its 20-fucking-14!)

The Mortal Kombat devs probably paid for the screen time. Sony also probably doesn't see as many potential sales in the revival of an anime fighter that hasn't seen a new release on their console in like 10 years (Overture being X360 only). Hyping Mortal Kombat probably makes more business sense to them, even though it's kinda dumb to not just have Xrd somewhere in their conference.

In GG related news, this is the last chance for people to send me questions of shit to test before Day 1. I bought a notebook and put together a few pages of test plans (put these together during a goddamn pool party instead of being a normal person), but I don't want to miss anything, and I don't know what I'll be able to do until I get there day 1. I might be able to get on tomorrow night, and while posting everything I can probably wont be on the table for that night (will want to rest up for day 2), I'll have a better idea of stuff that I can test, and should be able to post about the systemic mechanic differences.

Gonna try to get my copy of the Hard Rock Collection and Isuka soundtracks signed. Maybe I should be a derpsausage and ask him to sign my Wii copy of AC. :v:

Either they'll think I'm an idiot or a hardcore enough fan to play with shit motion controls.

So you say gamespot is going to stream Xrd at 3:00PM PST? I'll try to pass by the booth and see what's up.

Oh yea and a rematch option for 1v1 lobbies (Why the fuck do I have to ASK for this!?!?! Its 20-fucking-14!)

this. just put rematch option back offline and make it online too for fucks sake. even marvel has rematch online (in player match mode)

I'd love to know if there are 'fun' camera controls in the console version, so you can change the angle like they showed a while ago.

Also, if you can get a midscreen homing dash combo with I-no. 5D>6>instant VCL or some shit. That'd be cool.

WhiteMan,

Ask if we can finally record offline matches? For God's sake, people have been asking for this for years, and yet we still go unheard when ti comes to this issue...

Daisuke just being interviewed with a little bit of gameplay right now.

Edit: No real new information. Game footage we saw was subtitled but not dubbed, Daisuke said it's a secret regarding new characters for console, and the game will be out for holiday season.

Well that was disappointing.

Not that I was expecting anything huge to be revealed at E3 but that interview was really poor, and with only one question from the audience.

The best part was when the interviewer said he'd take questions from the chat to ask Daisuke, and asked a grand total of one question. 

Yep, nothing much but the same thing (other the the Eng. sub quickie on Sol's Arc. run), hopefully TheRealBobMan gives results for Xrd over there when he can.

Yeah what's up with that, he could've at least asked the differences between console versions or something.

Aside from Daisuke being awesome that was a piss poor interview. The guy seriously didn't know a damn thing about Guilty Gear and he only asked one question.

The only good thing was that Daisuke said it was secret as to how many characters we will get in consoles(so we might get more than one or two). 

The only good thing was that Daisuke said it was secret as to how many characters we will get in consoles(so we might get more than one or two). 

That logic eludes me.