Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[Xrd] News & (Theoretical) Gameplay Discussion

IMO tiers are not all that far apart.  There are some bad matchups (like Pot vs Ram is really bad for Pot) but I think this is one of the more balanced versions of GG. 

Yeah just from casual observation the game doesn't look very imbalanced. Pot doesn't seem very good, but not like XX bad, which I'm used to and understand if find it personally aggravating. I'm just explaining why Arc System Works would err on the side of their grapplers being on the bottom of the tier list.

Xrd as a whole seems super solid for a "first attempt" game in a series, at least from what I've seen. Especially looking back at games like vanilla SFIV, Marvel 3 or BB which all had their shares of some bullshit (which is understandable of course). All the stuff in Xrd that seems kind of strange'll be ironed out and tweaked in later versions but yeah for now things seem pretty tame.

Then again we are only 5 months in, Lol.

On my way to Anime Expo. If you got any questions you want me to ask Aksys let me know.

I'll try to get some decent footage too.

On my way to Anime Expo. If you got any questions you want me to ask Aksys let me know.

Awesome! Can you ask them if their upcoming Evo Xrd demo is going to have sticks available, or will it be pad only like at E3 and (presumably) Anime Expo?

Arcsys doesn't know the meaning of 'tweak' balancing. They just rip up the carpet and try again.

i like this style of balancing though, becuase otherwise the game gets stale. making fundamental change for the sake of change is imo more fun in the long run, unless you happen to REALLY like everything about your character exactly.

i like this style of balancing though, becuase otherwise the game gets stale. making fundamental change for the sake of change is imo more fun in the long run, unless you happen to REALLY like everything about your character exactly.

^ im okay with it as long as it doesn't murder undeserving characters like makoto and tsubaki, like yea you can still win, but all the extra wrinkles when you can play other characters like them just doesnt seem worth it. Also sf balancing is just so stale.

Awesome! Can you ask them if their upcoming Evo Xrd demo is going to have sticks available, or will it be pad only like at E3 and (presumably) Anime Expo?

MarkMan asked if they wanted him to bring sticks so I think the Xrd station is saved.

During Daisuke's run of Guilty Gear XX, only tweaks were made from XX to #r. With the biggest change being the inclusion of Robo-Ky as a fully fleshed out Robot. Considering the time and games between #r and Xrd, Xrd's changes are pretty minor as well. Seems like Daisuke is holding fast to his original vision of the cast.

Like, wtf AC Slayer? Combos with more than 10 hits?? He wants to invoke certain emotions when you plays as or against his characters. Like when he talks about how it feels good to beat the boss, or whatever, when he talks about why Eddie is so good. And I think everyone agrees that it feels good to do Sol's dustloop. (re: dustloop.com)

WE NEED STICKS FOR XRD AT EVO

Yeah just from casual observation the game doesn't look very imbalanced. Pot doesn't seem very good, but not like XX bad, which I'm used to and understand if find it personally aggravating. I'm just explaining why Arc System Works would err on the side of their grapplers being on the bottom of the tier list.

Potemkin is was really good in AC and +R .

and still way better than Tager in Xrd.

ICPM YRC is a great way to move around.

Pote was also quite good in Slash.

The changes from XX to #R were great, I think everyone liked pretty much all of the changes, which is crazy.

Honestly, in SFIV's defense, there were a lot of big changes that seem well received.

Potemkin is was really good in AC and +R .

and still way better than Tager in Xrd.

ICPM YRC is a great way to move around.

xx is not #r, slash, ac or ac+r dude lol i think #R pot was bad but not terrible. it seems like xrd pot is between #R and slash power, and those games had characters that were worse than pot (but not many).

Pote was also quite good in Slash.

The changes from XX to #R were great, I think everyone liked pretty much all of the changes, which is crazy.

Honestly, in SFIV's defense, there were a lot of big changes that seem well received.

i think ultras changes were very well intentioned and pretty good in most cases, to be honest. I think combofiend is a good designer (or at least provides very good feedback) and id like to see what happens to a game when hes involved from the beginning.

fwiw i think s-kill is pretty smart when it comes to fg design but apparently no on at capcom japan would listen to him haha.

combofiend also likes some really bullshit, good games, so i trust him a little more than s-kill to make a fun game.

A think I noticed about Sin in xrd, from the screenshots on famitsu, is that his flag is always closed, like sealed.. I wonder if it is just because it was difficult to animate, or if maybe it will open after some moves (like exiter, if it will be in the game)

Also, if you talk about #R pot and tier listing i guess this classic is for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0dhWzbUnqg

Actually, if you could try to get some footage of the menus and the training mode options, that would be cool

Can you Blitzshield someone and then use a gold burst on them? Can you Blitzshield bursts as well?

That's all I can think of.

You can gold burst after you BS someone, saw it in a vid once but the other guys did a regular burst and the GB missed.  You can't BS a burst.

Actually, if you could try to get some footage of the menus and the training mode options, that would be cool

It was just a demo with arcade/vs modes. No menus or training options.

Are you talking about when Slayer was activating IK mode and got punched out of it? That happens in X and XX as well.