Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[Xrd] News & (Theoretical) Gameplay Discussion

That trailer was awesome!

Regarding new characters, what can i say, looks like Sin is the new pretty-boy, but he lacks elegance... Still waiting for Johnny.

Didn't like Elph's standing pose but she looks nice with her weapons and her intro is great.

That new blonde vampire-Leo-whatever guy looks really cool.

I want this now!  :(

Dr. Paradigm has in-game model...

Also that new guy with the beard!

Hype!

EDIT: Bearded guy is dressed suspiciously like slayer, who is also a bearded guy...  :v:

I am pretty hype right now. Between the long awaited Sin and Elph footage, we see a new trailer that once again shows how FUCKING PRETTY this game is. And maybe a new dude with an epic beard? 

I will admit though... kinda miffed none of the new faces shown were old characters. Not a big deal, but if I saw the likes of Johnny or Baiken (not to mention my homeboy Anji) for a second would send my hype through the roof. Still some epic shit, though. Please announce NA release date soon, Aksys. PLS

Lolwow El's intro has a boing sound effect. And her voice is 2waifu.

She and Sin look cool, I'm excited to see footage of them.

I think Elphelt is easily the most interesting new character Arcsys has made in a long time. I'm totally down with her being playable. 

Leo looks sick too, I'm sure the people who wanted edgy badasses will be happy.

Hey hey hey-every GG character is interesting. It is in the scriptures. Foreal though I need to get home and see this TRAILER UGH. So fucking pumped right now lol

Edit: watched the trailer, couldnt wait for the house. DAISUKE ISHAWATARI YOU ARE OUT LORD AND SAVIOR

#TEAM RED

My body is too ready December you so far!!!:(

Shaq is low tier in Shaq-Fu. ;________;

So yeah, let's actually discuss tier lists instead of the concept of tier lists.

Pichy covered Axl's descent well, but how about Chipp's rise in the two recent top player tier lists? He's generally been a character relatively strong everywhere except health/defense and damage output. Some of the mixups he has are insane (off the wall and invisible stuff), and teleport YRC is just adds to an already amazing neutral game. I was tempted to call him S based on observations, but I figured it might have been my bias as a Venom (Venom's worst matchup is often Chipp). Hmmm.

You can summarise why Xrd Chipp is so damn good with three simple points.

First: Much like +R, all of his good mixup and mobility options don't leave him in counterhit state where he gets stunned and dies instantly.

Second: Damage as a general rule is nowhere near as high as #R or Accent Core, again giving him more opportunities to survive a single mistake.

Third: In Guilty Gear XX he has a move where he says "find me!". After he says that you go try to find him and hit him and he dies. In Xrd he says "find me!" and you cannot find him.

Re; Trailers and stuff. Elphelt looking fun. Sin looking fun. New song sounds like a B-side.

My favorite bit is that this new Leo guy is the type of hard metal badass people think every GG character should be. Still he DOES look alot like Slayer...

Also was I mishearing or does Ky and Sin have their own unique theme? Since I assume the one that plays in Elphelt's portion is actually Sin's theme since it sounds just like Ride on Time.

Dr. Paradigm has in-game model...

Also that new guy with the beard!

Hype!

EDIT: Bearded guy is dressed suspiciously like slayer, who is also a bearded guy...  :v:

For some reason I feel he'll have some ridiculous story like being a Werewolf and Slayers old boxing partner until they had a falling out over  Sharon. 

On a more serious note, that trailer was amazingly hype.

^ Oh, and the Sin vs. Ky theme is from GG2, it's called communication.

For some reason I feel he'll have some ridiculous story like being a Werewolf and Slayers old boxing partner until they had a falling out over  Sharon. 

On a more serious note, that trailer was amazingly hype.

I would not be agaisnt this.

Actually, they had a falling out because Leo stole one of Slayer's Haikus.

My favorite bit is that this new Leo guy is the type of hard metal badass people think every GG character should be. Still he DOES look alot like Slayer...

Also was I mishearing or does Ky and Sin have their own unique theme? Since I assume the one that plays in Elphelt's portion is actually Sin's theme since it sounds just like Ride on Time.

1. Don't lump the vocal minority with the majority

2. Yes, but the song playing in Sin vs Ky is Communication their special VS theme in Overture (possibly a placeholder)

3. Sin's Xrd theme sounds almost nothing like Ride on Time

1. Don't lump the vocal minority with the majority

2. Yes, but the song playing in Sin vs Ky is Communication their special VS theme in Overture (possibly a placeholder)

3. Sin's Xrd theme sounds almost nothing like Ride on Time

Sorry if I offended anyone it was a joke.

I mean it sounds like Rinde on Time in that the main riff has similar ''distortion"(sorry if that is the wrong term). It's the same sound.

Edit: Listen to the beggining of Sin's new theme and compare it to the riff 15 seconds into Ride on Time. Very similar, if not identical guitar sound.

My favorite bit is that this new Leo guy is the type of hard metal badass people think every GG character should be. 

Best thing I've read all night. 

In Xrd he says "find me!" and you cannot find him.

Maybe U-Engine just can't into transparencies. Just look at Slayer's front/backdash or Chipp's ridiculous "find me"... he literally dissapears.

All I can think is grenade, yrc last sec cross up..she gonna have potential. But I'm really liking son's style so far..need a replacement for baiken...looking at bedman as zappa's replacement until he is released again

New Leo guy looks really cool. He looks like both azrael and slayer. Cross motifs ftw

I wonder what Elphelt's theme will sound like or did we hear it already?

I have a feeling it'll be something like Active Angel but who knows. Man how does Daisuke keep composing all these songs and still have room for more?