Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shinjin

[Xrd] News & (Theoretical) Gameplay Discussion

For Ky's God sake... You're joking right?

I play Ky too, whoever post that, shame on you...>_>

Also, yeah, that poster, lol. Would have been nice as an LE cover, but oh well, lol. X3

Not really, but since I see a trend lately on Aksys titles released the 1st week digitally, they end up having it a bit discounted from its regular price for a limited time, most likely, one week only (with and without PS+ discouts), though its price is $50 retail (SE), but since BB:CP was about $40 with PS+ discout, hopefully they do it for Xrd, but who knows, we'll see if they'll do that once its out.

It was a half joke lol. I find our western preferences for characters slightly differs from Japan honestly. Like I'm certain there's gonna be more Chipp players here than in Japane, due to how simply cool and badass his moves are.

But like I said, half joke. Ky is "boring" afterall.

But BoJ? I thought you were a Ky player too, don't think that he's "boring" or anything, he just has style, is all.

I prefer ky over badguy. I messed w him and have fun using him. He has some nice set ups and some good mix up game. But i cant go into detail bc he not my main

Well guys...(I dunno if the blue header will be in the PS3 ver., but a certain other fighter didn't, but eh, at least here's something!)

But yeah, these 2 months are gonna be a long wait, lol. :kitty:

Collapsed: Xrd Cover US/NA:
61tMcjzpzgL._SX385_.jpg81-D6iqc-9L._SL1246_.jpg

Pre-Xrd (XX-ACR): I-no strips wen she wins (rated M)

Xrd: I-no doesn't strip when she wins (rated T)

I honestly don't consider him boring, just very honest, like Johnny. I freaking love the way he plays, and he looks like a blast in Xrd with Durandal Call. It's sad my scene knows all the secrets to Ky in Xrd more or less due to the demo. Split Ciel and Durandal Calls are such a great addition to his playstyle it's crazy. Just like for Sol and kudakero.

Good taste?

Booooo you're a lame:p

Pre-Xrd (XX-ACR): I-no strips wen she wins (rated M)

Xrd: I-no doesn't strip when she wins (rated T)

I honestly don't consider him boring, just very honest, like Johnny. I freaking love the way he plays, and he looks like a blast in Xrd with Durandal Call. It's sad my scene knows all the secrets to Ky in Xrd more or less due to the demo. Split Ciel and Durandal Calls are such a great addition to his playstyle it's crazy. Just like for Sol and kudakero.

I really hope they don't take out her stripping, even it is just a little thing. It's such a great example of her "I'm a bad bitch, and I dont give a f***" personality.

Booooo you're a lame:p

I really hope they don't take out her stripping, even it is just a little thing. It's such a great example of her "I'm a bad bitch, and I dont give a f***" personality.

Yeah and it makes the game feeling more mature and daring.

And my eyes didn't fool me huh ? They putted some red tissue over Elphelt's cleavage. Well that's cuter I think, making her look like she has a red cloth under her dress.

It fits with the hands too.

they increased the amount the white cloth covers too, hopefully this is just the cover and not in-game. if it's in-game i could see ram maybe getting censored as well (maybe even i-no? god forbid).

Collapsed: JP vs NA covers:
81-D6iqc-9L._SL1246_.jpg1412657425-gg-xrd-jp-box-art-ps3.jpg

but trailer 2 where they first show her off :V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5pkaWp8Xso&t=44s

Then kids these days are watching too much pron and exposed to too much swords that emit electricity and fire.

@GG illustration cover, Elphelt for DD cup tier.

But it is indeed strange that after all these years GG is rated T for the first time. I wonder what changed...

I would assume the cover is just the cover and in-game characters are not being modified.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see until screenshots say one way or another.

But it is indeed strange that after all these years GG is rated T for the first time. I wonder what changed...

Looking at my ps2 copy of AC+ right now. That was rated T.

Yeah, its just Elphelt on the US Cover Art just with more layers of clothing from her top, and nothing will happen to the character herself in game, don't worry.

But yeah, Aksys has a thing for covering female "tops" in game cover arts, not just GG, but BB, and some other games too. Other than that, the GG series is mostly T rated anyways (Overture too), but I don't get AC+/R's M rating, when AC+ on the PS2/PSP/Wii was T rated anyways, some weird and insane logic though.

Guys, if Makoto, Litchi, and Mu can exist on BB...then we have nothing to worry about regarding possible censors of GG characters.

This character...

Would someone be able to tell me what Ky says for his magical chant during his IK, and what his arcade victory quote is against Sol?

For his IK:

...心育む時、四海はその涙。…奮い立て。 (.. in time of nurtured mind, the four seas are tears...rejoice )-> literal translation

I believe it's an excerpt from Overture, doesn't look noticeable in english, but the japanese version matches Ky's IK chant:

English:

"When Father is ill, Mother weeps; when Mother is ill, child weeps;

Men turn their backs on grief, and the hands that comfort them is love.

They are modest to greed, generous to the truth of the world.

When the heart is peaceful the seven seas cry.”

Japanese:

父、病める時、母、その涙。母、病める時、子、その涙。

冥暗に銀の流線は哀。悲嘆に伏せし背に、添える手は愛。

欲心に慎ましく。世俗に真理あらば、寛容に。

健やかに心育む時、四海はその涙。…奮い立て。

Haven't found his victory quote againt Sol

Guys, if Makoto, Litchi, and Mu can exist on BB...then we have nothing to worry about regarding possible censors of GG characters.

Of course. I don't know why people here are making a big deal about the little piece of clothing over El's cleavage as if "it's a better design". It's a videogame character with big boobs, covering them or not doesn't really change much. If they are going for a sexy design, might as well go all the way instead of half-assing it.

Now that the demo is out I'm really wondering if the game will be popular. Not SF4 popular, but will Guilty Gear finally be a household name? This is the first time that GG is the slowest and simplest out of the 3 big Arcsystemworks fighters, which is what Ishiwatari wanted. I got a lot of my friends and cousins into anime fighters a while back and they're used to long, flashy combos. But now we're back to 5K c.S 2D BR. The character's command lists barely even changed :rolleyes:

Hopefully this becomes the next big thing and people don't just drop it after watching all the pretty animations.