Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyosuke Kagami

New Smash Bros for Wii U and 3ds

No, fuck Melee. I enjoyed Brawl a lot more

also lol serious smash play

I admit that I play Smash more For Fun than For Glory, but we still have to give the competitive community props for making it to the main stage at EVO and having the game being taken seriously. Just saying.

No comments on the competitive scene. Don't care and will never care :v:

So yeah, Megaman, Lucina, Luigi and maybe Rosalina.

I respect that opinion, seeing as I'd rather play the game with items and all of its random elements on.

As far as character interest goes: Peach, Rosalina, Pit, Megaman, Little Mac, Palutena and Robin.

Oh yeah, forgot about Little Mac. Though that char seems to be like... if you get thrown out of the platform, you're fucking dead.

No, fuck Melee. I enjoyed Brawl a lot more

also lol serious smash play

lolwat

Brawl was a busted and broken piece of godawful shit compared to Melee, even at purely casual play the game was way too slow and floaty. Though in the end, I feel Project M is the best permutation of Smash though Brawl- is pretty damn funny too if only because everyone is BBCT-Top-Tier-levels of hilariously retarded :v:

in this case "a lot more" doesn't mean a lot :v:

but yeah, this new smash, i will definitely buy.

And I'll be waiting for the time when Nintendo trolls all the Melee fags and announce ALL official new Smash tournaments will have to be in the new version :kitty:

Can they do that? Just say that they have to play the new one? Never liked Melee, so I don´t care, but for the community SB has, it would be pretty awkward.  :wtf:

Will probably play it at a Friend´s, but i won´t get a console. I don´t own any consoles aside of my old and faithful ps2. 

It's Nintendo. If they say so, fans will obey.

Also, if they don't it's not like Nintendo will give a shit about it. They'll just do it.

Having played and enjoyed Melee back in the day, I try to transition from Melee to Brawl, and Brawl just doesn't feel as fun as Melee, despite recently choosing Luigi as my main. To me, Melee is a masterpiece for the Gamecube. One of my only complaints about Melee is that you can't do smash attacks with the C-stick in 1-Player Modes.

Competitive melee is intense.

Competitive brawl is.......

I know about the leaks, it's alright. I'm not upset about it, i'm not thrilled about it. My biggest issues are Dr Mario and Dark Pit, but I dunno if Dark Pit plays differently. Dr Mario though, if we're bringing back older clones, should have been Roy.

I'm also happy with Shulk (who was going to be in, I don't think anyone doubted that) and Duck Hunt getting in too though.

This leak is real? Where can I find it?

There were some videos and screens up, but the videos got taken down. But, it's everyone that has been officially revealed so far, plus these:

Returning
Dr. Mario
Falco
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
R.O.B.
Wario

New
Bowser Jr. (rides in clown copter)
Dark Pit
Duck Hunt Dog

I believe the leaker also said that the roster wasn't fully unlocked at the time he gave that list, so there are a small number of spots possibly unspoken for. I believe he said 3-4 empty slots.

Anyone playing the early demo?  I really don't like the feel of playing this on a portable console compared to with a controller, but it feels better than the E3 build.  Part of that I think is because they had the 3DS demo on XLs (playing on a regular 3DS).  It also might be from playing characters I didn't really try during E3, but overall the game feels a bit faster.  I took issue with most aerials having crazy recovery time, but some of them recover relatively fast, to the point where combos should be possible.  You also get things like Mario's Fair causing a huge stagger on ground hit, or the floor bounce on air hit at higher damage if they don't tech, so even though it has a ton of recovery time you can still combo off of it in most cases.  Based on E3 I wasn't interested, but I feel like it could actually be good this time around.

If there's one thing I wish they would have removed though, it'd be the "do an attack next to an item to pick it up" thing they added with Brawl.  It's not hard to hit Z or an equivalent button instead when you want to pick up something in the air - the reason most people didn't do it was because there was no mention of it anywhere.  Now if you're covering yourself with an item that you spawn, like Turnips or Bombs, they can just hit you while grabbing your item, rather than having to deliberately grab your item or avoid getting hit.

Captain N was NEVER going to happen, Simon Belmont would be cool but I think Nintendo might not like that in Smash. And Konami is doing their best to forget Castlevania exists by making Castlevania of War instead.

Simon is in DreamMix TV, a Japan-only Smash clone for Gamecube featuring Konami, Hudson, and Takara characters such as Bomberman and Optimus Prime.

I think anyone in their right mind would rather forget Captain N ever happened. It's on a lower level than CD-I Zelda in my eyes.