Sign in to follow this  
Venussail91

Petition for NA 360 release?

The shade, the shade of it all. I can't believe CP is only going to see a NA release on PS3. I only have a 360 and with the new systems coming out, I see little point in buying a PS3 now when I could get a PS4. However, the PS4 won't have backwards compatibility, so what to do? I know I'm one of many both on this site and in general who is in this boat. The question I have for all of you is, if we start up a petition for a 360 NA release, do you think it could possibly saw Aksys/ASW to rethink things? I want CP soooooo bad and this is a huge letdown. If there is anything we can do about it, I say we get on it NOW.

Edited by Venussail91

probably not due to Aksys and ASW being irritatingly and needlessly coy when pressed for clarification. At the very least let them know they've got some disgruntled customers they've screwed over.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that they screwed anyone over. Their real/main market is Japan. And in Japan, no one gives a flying f*** about XBox and has terrible sales and with the joke that is Xbox One it'll probably just be worst. Think of it as a favor for them

The shade, the shade of it all. I can't believe CP is only going to see a NA release. I only have a 360 and with the new systems coming out, I see little point in buying a PS3 now when I could get a PS4. However, the PS4 won't have backwards compatibility, so what to do? I know I'm one of many both on this site and in general who is in this boat. The question I have for all of you is, if we start up a petition for a 360 NA release, do you think it could possibly saw Aksys/ASW to rethink things? I want CP soooooo bad and this is a huge letdown. If there is anything we can do about it, I say we get on it NOW.

If you are a BB fan on 360, you basically have to get a PS3 and a PS4.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that they screwed anyone over.

No, it's completely fair to say that. You don't have to be intentional in order to screw someone over. The lack of explanation is really what's annoying. Like Arc and Aksys thinking they can make a problem go away by just ignoring it long enough.

No, it's completely fair to say that. You don't have to be intentional in order to screw someone over. The lack of explanation is really what's annoying. Like Arc and Aksys thinking they can make a problem go away by just ignoring it long enough.

Well its not like they can just come out and say "Sorry guys, tough luck just buy a PS3" because then they'd look like assholes. I mean how do you respond to essentially screwing over an entire demographic like that? I'm sure they knew what they were doing, they just have no idea how to answer it.

As for the petition, really? How often do these even work?

Well its not like they can just come out and say "Sorry guys, tough luck just buy a PS3" because then they'd look like assholes. I mean how do you respond to essentially screwing over an entire demographic like that? I'm sure they knew what they were doing, they just have no idea how to answer it.

As for the petition, really? How often do these even work?

Though they still look like assholes right now anyway, but assholes without an explanation.

Though they still look like assholes right now anyway, but assholes without an explanation.

I'm going to assume that it has something to do with the 360 selling like shit in Japan, the 360 being near the end of its life cycle, and BB not selling that well in the west to begin with.

There are additional costs for developing xbox version, QA tests and putting dlc on xbox live. Its probably not profitable for them to release xbox version.

If you want to start a petition Ill be glad to forward it over to the head of productions at Aksys if you can get a good amount of signatures. But please don't make this thread into a hate thread or it will be closed.

If you are a BB fan on 360, you basically have to get a PS3 and a PS4.

Well, this has been said in the CP thread, but PS3s will probably drop in price when the PS4 comes out, so there's some relief there.

Also, if you're going to buy a PS3 strictly for BB, why would you need a PS4? Unless you just want to have a next-gen console, in which case you'd be buying one anyway.

As someone who bought a 360 just for BB and some other FGs, this is kind of annoying for me as well. I'm pretty much going to have to box mine up so it doesn't collect dust.

Id support a petition -- but getting enough signatures -- be ready to really sell your product

Count me in on the petition. I'd also get my entire extended family, all of my friends, and some random strangers to sign it.

Well, this has been said in the CP thread, but PS3s will probably drop in price when the PS4 comes out, so there's some relief there.

Also, if you're going to buy a PS3 strictly for BB, why would you need a PS4? Unless you just want to have a next-gen console, in which case you'd be buying one anyway.

As someone who bought a 360 just for BB and some other FGs, this is kind of annoying for me as well. I'm pretty much going to have to box mine up so it doesn't collect dust.

Play Halo with us. IT'S TIME

Well, if they are going Sony only that means the next BB after CP will probably be on PS4.

As for the petition, I'd sign it no problem. I want everyone to enjoy this game. However, it's pretty unlikely that a petition would change their minds. Not saying it's impossible, just unlikely. But you never know, maybe they might come out with a 360 version after the game is out on the PS3. They could be just testing the waters to see how well it sells on the PS3 in the U.S.

Edited by kylehyde

i think a better and more frugal idea would be to ask for them to consider attempting to put BBCP on PSN as a downloadable ps3 game compatible with ps4, then just getting a ps4 instead of having to buy an old system.

considering the kind-of similar release dates its probably more cost effective and realistic for everyone.

Making a [PS3] digital version for CP would be irrelevant as the PS4 will use a different [PSN] system, thus no PS3 digital titles will carry over to PS4. Arc would have to make a PS4 specific version. So it'd be no different than asking for a 360 port.

Or...stay with me here...We could all raise a bunch of money, found our own localization studio, and talk with Ark about producing an XBox version of the game at no cost to them. Taken in by our irresistible offer, the company will have no choice but to relent and allow us to bring the game to XBox. Although they would be skeptical at first, the executives at Ark System Works would soon realize the errors of their ways when Chrono Phantasma sells two million copies on the 360. Impressed by Dutloop Localization Inc.'s incredible business foresight, the execs at Ark would permanently absorb our humble start-up into their company. We would then all live happily ever after: working for Ark, getting early info and access to all of their games, having BB every console imaginable, and banging each other every night. :v:

really? im pretty sure psn crosses over between ps3 and ps4. otherwise, the vita would be phased out. everything youve purchased would be gone, and ps+ wouldnt carry over to ps4 (confirmed this will, indeed carry over along with your psn account) so i really doubt what youre saying is correct.

edit: though, on the subject of netplay i dont know how that would work out. The two probably wouldnt be compatible, but what i was implying was simply porting it to PS4's ps store, even if it was separate from ps3 it really wouldnt matter. im 99% sure they mentioned ps3 games being released on the store during conferences. i dont know how drastically changed that port would have to be (assuming netplay, i guess it would be very different) but...its still a digital ps3 game, which i would assume would be less work than making a 360 port, which is really the biggest fault with this suggestion as im relatively uninformed about how difficult a digital release (which would probably have to be altered, in any case) is.

Edited by not_lunaris

Sony confirmed in February that PS3 titles [physical or digital] will not run on the PS4. PS3, Vita, and PS4 will share the network, but if the game isn't formatted for the console it won't work [just like now, it may be on PSN but a Vita can't play a PS3 game and vice-versa).

So my point still stands, you'd have to ask specifically for a PS4 port which is [in the grand scheme of things] no different from asking for a 360 port.

Also Dark Ranger this isn't a matter of "localization" it's a matter of programming, and there are far too many legal hoops for Arc to ever consider such a thing [for the most part Arc even wants to be independent, only relying on Aksys for NA distribution because they aren't big enough yet to supply more than 1 region with physical copies].

we really dont have a way of accurately deducing which port is "easier" given what we know, but on the flipside, a 360 port just simply isnt as productive (im assuming a port to a next gen console would get more attention, especially with the poor, poor sales of xbox in japan, their main audience).

So my point still stands, you'd have to ask specifically for a PS4 port which is [in the grand scheme of things] ultimately more profitable than asking for a 360 port.

I was toats joking though...didn't you see my :V ... or the part about banging each other?

It's a lost hope because they would lose money by making an XBox version