Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wild Candy

Can someone tutor me on how to use Rachel?

Hey, I'm Wild Candy. While I'm not exactly new to BlazBlue, I've been trying really hard for almost 2 years now to master one character... Rachel Alucard. I've read every guide, and I've tried to familiarize myself with her combos and playstyle as much as possible. I was wondering if their were any decent Rachel Players who would be willing to sacrifice their time to play me on PSN using Rachel and critique me on how well I play with her, along with any pointers they may have.

For some general notes, I'm fairly comfortable with how Rachel zones and I've gotten better with blocking thanks to playing Makoto fairly often. What I would need is some pointers that more so concern mastering Rachel's rushdown and mix up game, along with maintaining pressure.

I'm a really dedicated learner, and if anyone thinks they can help me out, please speak up!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

I'm not good at playing the game in general or fighters at that so I can't really be of any help, but all you can do is play with fellow Rachel players here or locally and share knowledge/experience, tips, and whatnot from the matches you play in general. Discuss your thoughts on the match/es. Play against anyone really and record it if possible is what I would do if I had the equipment. That's why we have the Rachel International Videos + Critiques thread. If you make a mistake attempting a mix-up or you can't figure out how to rushdown a specific character a certain way. I'm sure someone will be happy to help provide you with information on what you would need to do to improve in certain areas.

So all I can think of for now is, try working on rushdown, mix ups and pressure. Try to implement them in matches and see if you can get those matches recorded and drop a link by the thread and ask if you could get some feedback/tips :)

Again, sorry I can't be much help with your request but this is what I suggest you could do.

Okay, Thanks for the help Gamester! Any tips in general are extremely helpful! I think Rachel is so cool design and story wise, so I want to be able to play with her fairly well! Especially since she looks really cool when played with correctly!!!

Anyway, Thanks!

If you were on Xbox, I would have been happy to help you :(

It's okay, stuff like that Can't helped. I appreciate the thought!

I've been wanting someone I can play with who I can also talk to about the game, so I might do this with you!! =O

I'm not a "good player"... I don't know jack shit about frame data and I only know how to use 3 characters, but I've played the shit out of CSE Rachel and I can do basically everything that Rachel players do in terms of execution. I think I'm good <_< albeit rachet (Rachet Rachel)

My Rachel isn't the beautiful symphony of death that TD's is though (hope you see this TD *_* <3)

but yeah my PSN is Streetwalking, and maybe we could talk on facebook chat or some shit while we play

Oh then it was you that I played then! Hope you don't mind if I give you a few tips. 1) Don't mash 2C 2) Block while George is active, I shouldn't be able to DP outnof there for free. 3) More Pumpkins 4) Don't use random BBL 5) If you're going to wind out of the corner don't stay in there nor waste your entire wind flying the whole stage without a plan.

Oh then it was you that I played then! Hope you don't mind if I give you a few tips. 1) Don't mash 2C 2) Block while George is active, I shouldn't be able to DP outnof there for free. 3) More Pumpkins 4) Don't use random BBL 5) If you're going to wind out of the corner don't stay in there nor waste your entire wind flying the whole stage without a plan.

It feels like you may be trying to "show me who's boss" because of my little display of vulgarity yesterday evening, lol. I actually do mind that <3

(Maybe not tho. Are you the Makoto I played? I wasn't sure if you were talking about me cause ur name isn't in my players met)

I've been wanting someone I can play with who I can also talk to about the game, so I might do this with you!! =O

I'm not a "good player"... I don't know jack shit about frame data and I only know how to use 3 characters, but I've played the shit out of CSE Rachel and I can do basically everything that Rachel players do in terms of execution. I think I'm good <_< albeit rachet (Rachet Rachel)

My Rachel isn't the beautiful symphony of death that TD's is though (hope you see this TD *_* <3)

but yeah my PSN is Streetwalking, and maybe we could talk on facebook chat or some shit while we play

At this point, I'm not to concerned about Frame Data or anything similar. If you can at least teach me the basics of Rachel, then were in good shape... Again, the best I can do is simply Zone. You don't have to be TD's god status to be a good teacher.

I'll probably be a little more free to play a few hours from now, and when we do, I can set up a chatroom through PSN.

I was playing on a different account that is all. We probably went through about 15 matches versus both your Rachel and Tsubaki. Unless you fought many Makotos last night.

Eh, you'd best improve from trial and error rather than outright asking people to teach you.

We can tell you what NOT to do, if that helps, but watching videos and experimenting still works best.

Just add me on psn and you can invite me as a spectator to record your matches. Get your Rachel buddies (former Rachel player myself) here to actually critique your performance and work from there. As much as I adore her there's plenty of other fishes in the sea. Good luck pushing yourself to the next level and we can possibly get in a few if our connection hangs well.

Okay thanks for the advice guys. (I'll be honest, I thought this thread was barren! Lolz!)

Anyway, I've done a little bit of practicing, and here some things that are making sense to me, and things i need to work on.

I think I FINALLY understand how important Pumpkin is in Rachel's Zoning Game. Once you have it out, the mere threat of it is enough to stop the foe in their tracks. Finally, using the pumpkin as a safeguard, it's relatively easy to set up 2 Lightning Rods and George while your wind meter charges up. If the opponent tries to rush, punish in one of the following ways. A. Wind the Pumpkin in there face and then rush them, or B. Block, and wind George by you to bail you out and get a free Mix Up/Combo depending if George's attack hits or is blocked.

On the rushdown side, I feel like i've gotten most of her combos down. Particularly variants of her Corner Carry.

5B > 6D > 6C > J.C > 5B > 3C > Frog Oki

Along with her simple Oki set up to regain wind.

2A > 5B > 3C > Frog Oki set up.

I feel like I really shine in the corner, my two favorite combos being

(2A) 5B > 5C > 5D > 5CC > Summon George > 3C > Geoge Hits > 236A > Dash > 5B/4B > 5CC > Dash > 3C > Sword Iris > 3C > Summon George or Pumpkin for Oki.

5B > 5C > 3D > 3C > Baden Baden Lily > 8D Super Jump > J.2C[LV3] > Summon George > 236A > George Hits > 5B/4B > 5CC > Dash > 3C > Sword Iris > 3C > George/Pumpkin Oki

Where I need work is getting used to Rachel's mix ups. (I'm really used to Makoto, whose mix up options are fairly non-existent) So often I need work on starting from 5B and then mixing up from there with either 2B or IOH J.A

Next, I also need to work on Anti-Airing foes, and doing Rachel's famous Anti-Air Combo

6A > 5B > J.C > 2D > jump cancel > J.2C (LV2) > 236B > J.C > J.C > Sword Iris

Last but not least, Zoning with mobile characters like Bang, Tao, and Hazama, who make it hard for you to make room to summon, and won't sit still enough to catch em in your traps.

I think that sums up my progress so far.