Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoWL

ArcSys Voice Acting [This thread has rules now]

Nobody but the VAs know at this point. She sounds the same as ever in the E3 trailer, but it could be like Golden, where some characters got new VAs for only the new lines that were made necessary due to the new content.

She did. But, she wasn't the only one with a new VA. Matthew Mercer filled in for Troy Baker's Kanji for Golden's new lines only because he was going on a honeymoon. I think. Not too sure.

She did. But, she wasn't the only one with a new VA. Matthew Mercer filled in for Troy Baker's Kanji for Golden's new lines only because he was going on a honeymoon. I think. Not too sure.

Matthew Mercer only filled in for Troy on the second half of the anime; all the new lines in Golden for Kanji were still done by Troy Baker.

This fucking mystery.

Supposedly it was said on Twitter somewhere by her that she isn't the same one who voiced Naoto before.

Here's the thing:
Valerie Arem played a minor character in the animation, but Naoto was voiced by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. So if she really was the voice of Naoto all along, then she wasn't available to voice her in the anime...yet she was able to come and record lines for another character?

According to Erin Fitzgerald, the IMDB page is wrong about Nicole Karrer voicing her in the other Persona 4 games, 

And now people say Arem is just replacing...

It seems the truth will remain shrouded in fog.

The thing with the Anime is actually a pretty common occurrence. It's happened several times in the Batman Arkham games. For instance, Commissioner Gordon getting a new VA for Arkham City despite the fact the the person who voiced him in Asylum returned to voice other characters.

Ken definitely sounds like Cindy Robinson. While watching the stream I couldn't stop hearing a slightly deeper version of the tone she uses for Gii.

Pretty sure they re-use voice clips because it's more cost effective. Just like when Bang and Hazama were replaced in CSEX

Remember, the game is still in an unfinished state, leaving several factors to consider regarding replacements at the moment. Some translated lines of dialogue haven't been implemented properly, or at all. Some lines could even be re-used from the previous game as placeholders until the new recordings are implemented.

Margaret's VA said as much on Facebook back in March, that she was busy with family issues and most likely wouldn't have the time to work on Persona.

Bryce Papenbrook has said that he will be voicing Theodore in Persona Q, so it might be possible that he will voice him as well in Ultimax. Note, we ahve seen Theo in story mode screenshots.

Also, JYB made a comment on his twitter somewhere that the tone he uses for Adachi in Ultimax is the original one, not the raspy tone from the anime that makes him sound like he has a cold.

A bit disappointed about Bryce replacing Travis Willingham. Though I'll have to hear it before making any judgement.

Well then 

But anyways, Matt Mercer did a great job in the anime so I'm sure I'll barely be able to tell the difference and even then, I'd only notice it because I knew about it firsthand.

Sad to see Troy not returning, but I have full confidence in Matt to do Kanji justice, just like he did in the Anime. No one in the Stream chat the other day could tell that it wasn't Troy doing Shadow Kanji, he nailed it perfectly. I don't think we have anything to worry about on this front.