Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bucklemyshoe

How do I finish this combo?

Let me say first, I AM NOT an ABA player, so this probably will sound like scrub sauce to some of you. However I do really like her charachter. Well today I went into training mode to see if I could put any combos together with her that I like. This is one (well the start of one) I came up with. 2H, j.S, j.H, 41236+S, FRC, 66, j.H, 41236+S. Problem is, I don't know what else can connect after the 2nd 41236+S. So how would some of you expert ABA players follow it up to complete the combo?

Uhm, there are better options after that - generally you want to follow up a 2H launch with IAD j.S, dj.S, or dash forward 5S. Without actually firing up AC, my guess would be if that connects, you could try FRCing the second Orbs into like a 5S, 2S, or dj.S if you're in the corner. :x

Another possible option is to swap the last 41236S with a 63214HS, then throw a projectile on their wakeup when you land, 5HS and bloodpack to refresh your mohora meter. I would agree with what moroha said though about there being better options.

couldn't you land and do an OTG Key, instead of the BloodBall, HS>BloodPack, or maybe I am remembering things wrong?

Another possible option is to swap the last 41236S with a 63214HS, then throw a projectile on their wakeup when you land, 5HS and bloodpack to refresh your mohora meter. I would agree with what moroha said though about there being better options.

I tried that out too, damage was like 166.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but this brings up something else I wanted to ask. What is ABA's oki? I was thinking it might be 63214+H. But your post sounds like it's 236+H in normal mode?

Well from my own experience, I've never had enough time to do an air keygrab, land, and do an OTG keygrab before they start getting up, since they start falling from the air keygrab before you do. If at all possible, yes an OTG keygrab would be a much better option, but personally I just throw the bloodball after landing to keep them from jumping or attacking, throw a 5HS to keep them locked down, and bloodpack while they're in blockstun. I may just suck and not be fast enough to catch the OTG keygrab, but wether I am or not, this option has always worked for me.

But your post sounds like it's 236+H in normal mode?

LOL. Yeah warp outta moroha mode for their oki. That's what you do.

typically the best oki set up, if you have time/distance, is a running jS. great priority, clashes with some anti-air DPs even, and sets up a good high-low mixup

jS, land, 2k ...

jS, jump cancel (JC) and crossover, jHS (better w/ high guard gauge for counter hit)

jS, jK, JC jS, jHS, land...

any of these stopped in the middle, dash up throw or danzai

crossover jump into Orbs with an optional FRC is a nice option too.

If corner, I usually do 2hs, IAD, s, hs, ORB, land, dash 5s, 2s, 421+hs RC, 2 hit orb, dash jump, s, hs, d, orb, land, keystab, OTG keystab. Damage is pretty serious for 50 percent. The last part will really only work on mid to heavy weight characters, but on lights you can still get a SJ s, keygrab with decent Oki on landing.

don't worry about the damage. always worry about the follow-up options to a combo. 180 damage is a good chunk, and if you can create a messed up 50/50 after it, that really helps your game and ultimately two 180 damage combos do more than one fancy 220 damage combo that pushes you too far away for oki. use lots of properly ranged 2HS / j.S / fuzzy guard nonsense with ABA on oki. it's tooooo good. god aba is fun to play~

LOL. Yeah warp outta moroha mode for their oki. That's what you do.

typically the best oki set up, if you have time/distance, is a running jS. great priority, clashes with some anti-air DPs even, and sets up a good high-low mixup

jS, land, 2k ...

jS, jump cancel (JC) and crossover, jHS (better w/ high guard gauge for counter hit)

jS, jK, JC jS, jHS, land...

any of these stopped in the middle, dash up throw or danzai

crossover jump into Orbs with an optional FRC is a nice option too.

To be fair, I was assuming that the previous combo ended in a key grab, so you would actually be morphing into moroha mode.