Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

League of Fighters

Ya know, cause you can make a fighter out of ANYTHING!

Official Website

League of Fighters is a League of Legends fan project using the FM2K engine to bring LoL characters into a 2D fighting game. The game's mechanics are very similar to the LoL which makes for a really interesting fighting game. Each special attack has its own cooldown just like in the game! You can choose your own summoner spell when you select a character (we only show 3 in the trailer but we're planning many more). We actually use [super Smash Bros.] controls for the inputs for special attacks so it still feels good on anything from a keyboard to a stick.

I should totally go with that idea of making a Wild Arms fighter after seeing this!

hey, Hey, HEY!

Don't even joke about that kind of shit! ' ^'

It would be too godlike, impossible to animate by human hands!

also on the subject of series that deserve a fighter; Avatar (Last Air Bender & Legend of Korra) done in a similar engine as the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm engine would be glorio... ; -;

The gameplay itself doesn't look stellar, but I admit I am intrigued by the "cooldown" mechanic being applied to fighting games. It's like a different kind of resource management.

I am intrigued by the "cooldown" mechanic being applied to fighting games. It's like a different kind of resource management.

That's what has me most intrigued at the moment (I don't play or know anything about LoL) but I'll try any fighter, especially ones that try different things. I think the closest I've ever had to this would be in Star Ocean 3 with managing the Fury gauge (give that to a traditional fighter, I think that could make for an interesting mechanic too). It'll be interesting to see how the balancing act works with determining how low a move should be out.

Not looking forward to MvC1 Assist/Strikers though lol [shit is usually broken]

I should totally go with that idea of making a Wild Arms fighter after seeing this!

I'm sorta glad I'm not the only one.

I would seriously love to do an Etrian Odyssey fighter in the style of DARK AWAKE. Fr'srs.

hey, Hey, HEY!

Don't even joke about that kind of shit! ' ^'

It would be too godlike, impossible to animate by human hands!

also on the subject of series that deserve a fighter; Avatar (Last Air Bender & Legend of Korra) done in a similar engine as the Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm engine would be glorio... ; -;

lol what's sad was, I made a list at one point in time of what characters from each game (except the PSP game and 5, and I guess the remake of 1, because I never played those) I would have wanted and what sort of abilities they might have. It was sort of a self-joke saying that though, because if I had the ability and resources, I probably would have done it.

That... actually doesn't look as bad as I expected. As long as they don't go full retard with balance, it should be a nice game with a fresh idea to stand out in the crowd of other indie/doujin fighting games.

This looks awful! But that's to be expected since the game's, what, in pre-alpha? If they tune up the animation, it could be okay.

Definitely needs more frames of animation before this looks like anything but ass, but the sprites are okay.

Intrigued by cooldowns applied to special moves, but it might be too gimmicky in the end.

In related news: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/12/pro-league-of-legends-players-are-professional-athletes-says-us/

Anyway, on mechanics, the super meter at the bottom is used for the "ultimate" moves, so there's that. Although hitting with the ultimate move seemed to give about 40% of the meter back. :v:

Annie also got a stack of whatever her charge thing is. I remember something about if you hit with certain moves enough times, you'll be able to stun the enemy (from actual LoL). It didn't go up for her other moves, but it looks like it did with the basic fireball, so I'm assuming that if you land several of those, you can dizzy the enemy and get a free combo, or at least get extra hit-stun to extend a combo?

And Flash didn't have a 5 minute cooldown (not joking, in LoL some moves have cooldowns of up to 5 or 10 minutes), so I guess that's a good thing.

We :BU: now:

http://i.imgur.com/Rh30vbO.jpg

Also, if anyone still cares about this, the devs had an interview on SRK back in September, and they plan to release the game in early 2014:

http://shoryuken.com/2013/08/29/interview-behind-the-scenes-with-league-of-fighters-dev-instaburst/

If Soraka is in this, I might actually enjoy trolling the shit out of people by

1. Shooting bananas from across the screen

2. Buffing my defense and restoring my health

3. Giving myself free meter every 10 seconds

4. Sealing enemy special moves

5. Dropping enemy magic resistance to compensate for my shit attack power

Oh oh, I hope I get to buy 6 Sunfire capes and run away till you die. Now zoning wont even require pushing buttons!

Hate to bump the thread, but I just got league to finally work

I'm gonna be honest if they do add Twisted Fate, he better play like a mix of Elizabeth, and the fighter from KOF11 who fights with cards. (52 hit combos anyone? Lol)

Wait, they made Warwick a grappler? Well that's interesting.

Wait, they made Warwick a grappler? Well that's interesting.

He's a sub for me then. was hoping it'd be blitzcrank.

That animation needs a lot more polish and clean-up.

Agreed...hopefully they can do that over the course of the few months before the release.

still waiting for "DEMACIA TECH WHEEL" quote