Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs A.B.A

Stats

imo 4.5:5.5 bad match up,there's virtualy nothing Dizzy can do to fuck off her moroha modes... but her normal modes makes this match up a little bit easier be patient on this one since time is your best friend other than knock down

Openers

wait and see

her initiatives

slide < tk bubble

back dash < ice spike

Punishes

SB the last hit of the rekkas and u got throw

IB the 2nd hit of reversal Danzai for 2hs ch

Counters

rekkas -> 2hs her overhead/UB after ib ing the 2nd hit, must be done on reaction er else u would got smashed by dangoku(3rd hit) most of the time.

Anti-airing

none

i have never go against aggro aba on normal modes, but on moroha the risk of doing aa against her is not worthy. her j.s/j.hs has high priority and both lead to 60%+ combos upon connect on ch

Zoning

on max screen distance, get the air pike then fish, tk bubble also limit her aerial option, but her dashes on moroha is fast like hell, the best pokes should be 2k/2p versus her ground rush down

Their game plan

Get into Moroha and start the rape

Strategy

Dizzy gain the most advantage on the start of the match, don't screw it up and rush her dead. when she's in moroha, focus on defense option, don't try to aa/counter her moves, you'll got raped for free, with solid blocking it will force her to go with ub's/tick throw... anticipate that one

Char specific details

she get up late as hell, delay your fish summon a little bit on oki

her fb danzai crush your Oki games and throw invul on start up... there's nothing Dizzy can do, other than cross up

Bursting cancel the knockdown effect and play vital role on ABA games to preserve her meter

on throw follow with ice spike for guaranteed knock down and pressure reset

don't otg her... i've never seen any Dizzy do otg, but just in case :v:

Knockdown control

do your usual drill but focus a little on cross up games an tick throwing, ABA got solid blocking to preserve her moroha modes

Combos

her basic corner fish setup works

knock down hs~p_fish,2k,laser...

mid screen

haven't test any

corner dust combo

5d,[9]hs,bubble,j.s+bubble poop,(land) j.s,djc j.p,j.s,j.d

if the j.p didn't connect, switch to j.k

another little note i've played ABA enougth times in casuals to know taht knockdowns hurt when your in Moroha. If you ever hit her in Moroha never sacrifice your knockdown for a little bit of extra damage. ABA has the second most HP after Potemkin, rape the Moroha bar and get your oki hopfully into more knockdowns. Another thing ABA's 2HS and Danzai in Moroha are trow invincible so dont go for wake up trows or you'll get fucked

another little note i've played ABA enougth times in casuals to know taht knockdowns hurt when your in Moroha. If you ever hit her in Moroha never sacrifice your knockdown for a little bit of extra damage. ABA has the second most HP after Potemkin, rape the Moroha bar and get your oki hopfully into more knockdowns. Another thing ABA's 2HS and Danzai in Moroha are trow invincible so dont go for wake up trows or you'll get fucked

I feel that this statement is not stressed enough. DO ANYTHING FOR THE KNOCK DOWN. 2K>2D. Punish everything with a throw into a tick throw attempt. Cheap shots for knockdown are key and Dizzy is a nightmare for ABA if she has to block toys.

Serious?? That's almost broken O_O but yeah, icespike OTG is pretty easy to tech from so I guess it's not that sweet. I really wish I could contribute more to the matchup threads but my experience against the GG cast is bleh. BTW lol @ aba wakes up slower than other characters (inside joke, sorry).

yeah me either i never do OTG cause most people mash to tech and jsut punish the second ice pike its much better to, trow take your KD+Oki hopefully into more knockdowns

I found out that 2S isn't very good anti-air against a jumping in ABA. It might just be our local player but he tends to clash against it all the time and it feels like ABA moves have a quicker startup time, so he rapes my face.

I found out that 2S isn't very good anti-air against a jumping in ABA. It might just be our local player but he tends to clash against it all the time and it feels like ABA moves have a quicker startup time, so he rapes my face.

2S is garbage anti air. and youre lucky it clashed against ABA. Otherwise, big combo.

Some more thoughts about this matchup, staying in the air longer with something like jump, 214K, ad can give you some breathing room sometimes. Also, do not try to Coffin Tension ABA when she's doing FB Danzai. It doesn't work.. seriously. Doubly so for Imperial Ray. Setting up spear isn't as safe either because she can cross the screen and rape you with the CH, so only do it on KD or if you're sure they're not going to rush at you. Lastly, by all means, do NOT get hit by a CH 6HS in normal mode. After a very simple follow up combo, it's an instant Dizzy from 0 Dizzy rating. Seriously.

This is now one of my favorite matchups despite the bad matchup Some things I've noticed is that sometimes ABA will push you to just the right distance to score a CH Icespike if he tries to bloodpack after a combo, and that the delayed getup gives us more time to set up oki than others. I've also seen the weirdest bug just the other day. I knocked ABA down in the corner and he rose with a less than 1/3rd of his bar, so I decided to do KP Fish and Necro Tension. At the same time, ABA decided to manually transform back, and during the frame freeze my fish was hit by the blood animation and disappeared, but my necro tension went off still and I got the free combo. From what I understand, Bloodpack has no active hit frames though :psyduck: