Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IrrelevantJohn

A glitch in Naoto's combo?

So I was playing some casuals with a few folks from the Giant Bomb community and in the second round something weird happened with Naoto's combo at the end.

I'm not new to fighting games but I'm still learning how mechanics work and all that jazz. Could someone explain to me what just happened? It starts at 2:25 and I'm xLLeg3ndX in the video.

http://youtu.be/0qm0rNCTdG8?t=2m25s

I'm re-posting this from SRK because I realized 10 min later that no one is gonna reply in that dead section of the thread.

Also, Hi!

I'm not so sure that's a glitch. It looked more to more like you got Counterhit by Mudoon (first time I've ever seen that) because you teched right after that 2C (which took your last 2 Fate Counters) and did a j.B. It could be a bug, but it seems like being CH by Mudoon applies the knockback/hitstun of the move normally, regardless of whether your Fate Counters are gone or not.

If a mod would move this to the Naoto boards, I'll bet you'd be able to get more concrete answers, though.

It's not really a glitch, the other Naoto didn't time the super to combo so you was able to tech, afterward you tech but since you mashed you were CH by the super and knocked down instead of staying in place and dying asap.

Reason you were able to be IK was because of the fact that since you've tech the counter manage to officially hit zero.

It's not really a glitch, the other Naoto didn't time the super to combo so you was able to tech, afterward you tech but since you mashed you were CH by the super and knocked down instead of staying in place and dying asap.

Reason you were able to be IK was because of the fact that since you've tech the counter manage to officially hit zero.

After watching the video again while keeping your answer in mind, you were right about the tech. I basically screwed myself.

Thanks for the answer.

Hm. While it isn't a glitch in the sense that Player 2 was killed because of the Mudooon, I would refer to it as a glitch in the sense that he simply fell out of the CH super. Obviously, in every other instance, the opponent is supposed to become trapped in it if their Fate Counter is at zero. It is possible to run into instances where the Mudoon/Hamaon are techable after long combos, but that's because the untechable time is shit by the time the super hits. I'm not sure why he just dropped out of the move.

Fun fact, though - you can use reversals and some supers that make you invulnerable to survive Naoto's super IK's as they're supposed to hit.

It probably had to do with two things...

1. He got hit by Mudoon late into the super. I'm not sure if it only has the "absorb into middle of dark field" property in the beginning.

2. He extended his hurtbox with the j.B, which then immediately reverted when he got hit and put into the "hit" animation, placing him outside of range of the Mudoon for any further hits.

The rest of the behavior of Mudoon is expected.