Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

J-Stars Victory VS

I got a chance to play a little bit of it. It's reminds me of a less chaotic, but better, Anarchy Reigns and I'm loving that. I'd definitely like to see if this game could kind of grow on a competitive scale, to a degree.

The only thing holding this game back at the moment is the unorthodox setup (didn't seem to hurt Gundam though), import only (again not too much an issue with Gundam) and the fact that it is a bit too "anime" (having control taken away from you for the various cutscenes might be a huge turn off for some in a competitive environment).

Alright, here is the assist only list [because playable characters will take a bit longer, but the generally theory is, if you want combos than the pure assists are not for you as they have more gimmicky utility] Think I'll play a few online matches for a bit lol:

• Kagura

Cooldown: 30s (a rush attack. The great thing about this is just how long this move lasts, it will probably knockdown the opponent 3x and even though the wake up invincibility frames apply each time, Kagura will stay on top of them, making dodging or blocking [rather than counter offensive] your opponent's main option. Sadly this comes at the trade of combo-ability, as this move pushes the opponent far out and is pretty relentless, still very nice to regain one's composure and distract the enemy)

• Kuroko

Cooldown: 15s (if your opponent is locked on to you it forces them to switch targets to basketball. In theory this sounds cool but it doesn't appear [initially] to be all that great, the ball is only there for a brief moment and it has a lot of start up for the duration, also the fake lock-on doesn't force the opponent's dash to track.)

• Edajima

Cooldown: 20s (large area unblockable attack that knocks back on hit. At first this attack seems situation due to the long start up, and to some extent it is, however if you summon Edajima within close vicinity of your opponent he actually forms a pseudo wall as he appears behind them! Of course you'll have to be careful with juggling them as he is a big man, but not THAT big . . .)

• SKET-dan

Cooldown: 50s (2 possible actions that appear dependent on range: 1a. Bossun will fire a shot, 1b. Bossun will fire a volley of shots, 2. Himeko will smack the opponent around [i swear I saw Switch do an attack last night, but can't see to find a way to activate it if it is there]. This is a rather versatile assist as the range that Bossun can cover is pretty crazy and his volley is easy to combo off of [especially since if the opponent is airborne since it will actually being in a combo-able float state] but keep in mind it is strictly linear, he won't connect on anyone jumping outside of his standing height. Himeko's assault is also a nice annoyance if the opponents gets too close and can be easily picked up off, however do realize she sends them flying after her attack. Also this assist has a very long duration which is double-edged as this applies to its active phase AND the moment before they retreat and allow the assist timer to count down.)

• Allen

Cooldown: 40s (a 2-part, multi-hit rush attack that leaves the opponent in a crumble state. Pretty unremarkable otherwise, it is relatively quick however)

• Lala

Cooldown: 30s (creates a healing field that can affect ANYONE inside [total duration recovers about 1/4 health]. This is an interesting assist as it is not a straight up easy recovery attack; for one Lala appears behind you and runs toward you and if she bumps into you her "attack" is unblockable . . . which the opponent can combo you off of. Of course you can evade her and she will keep running, where she can potentially run into the opponent to do the same, however there is a big problem with this . . . Lala creates her healing field wherever she stops . . . so you could potentially be giving your opponent a helping hand . . . The only "benefit" to letting Lala hit you as opposed to just letting her run her course [outside of keeping the field close to you of course] is the fact that Lala will change into a swimsuit during the duration of the healing field.)

• Chitoge

Cooldown: 30s (fast, unblockable attack that knocks the opponent back and seals their assist [roughly 25s]. Pretty self-explanatory, but a few notes of interest: this is NOT an instant attack, although Chitoge will only attack if the opponent gets close to her she does not do so instantly, not even if you summon right next to the opponent. Also this attack is high susceptible to dash actions as Chitoge doesn't fully track. Regardless of an enemy is actually in range she will eventually do her attack before leaving)

• Shoya

Cooldown: 20s (runs on field and spikes a volleyball at the opponent. Due to the angle of attack it is all but useless at close ranges and the attack itself is rather worthless [it can be blocked and doesn't even cause a lot of stun] bottom-tier assist?)

• Hisoka

Cooldown: 15s (sticks a tether to the opponent and launches them up after a set amount of time, putting them in a cross rush state, all of which is unblockable. This looks like a REALLY good assist, especially for how quick the cool down is. It has excellent OTG properties so you can easily work combos around it.)

• Jaguar

Cooldown: 20s (runs [full "screen"?] at the opponent and drops an unblockable, large bowl of ramen on them, causing visibility issues for a short time. Not much else to this assist, it makes for OK comboing but mostly good for brief mixup. Distance it covers/how long the run lasts is impressive though, so you can set up an opponent on wake up.)

• Rukia

Cooldown: 30s (appears before you and creates a pillar of ice. As much as I love Rukia, her assists has far more cons than pros . . . The good thing is the opponent can become trapped and frozen in the ice, making them open to all sorts of combos. However this also launches them, so characters with poor aerial actions will find it mostly useless. Also it is very easy for the opponent to be hit on the outer edge of the attack, which does not freeze them but does cause crumble. Also worth noting is Rukia will stay station upon where she is summoned and will attempt to attack any opponent that gets too close to her, of course if no one is in range she will do her attack before exiting anyways.)

• Neuron

Cooldown: 30s (appears before you and creates a small field which, if passed through, turns allies invisible. The duration of invisibility is about 20s [or until you attack, hit or whiff] and it also prevents the opponent from locking on to you. Do note that your movements can be tracked by the dust clouds your feet kick up while running or jumping, also it is possible to recast invisibility so long as Neuron is present [does not stack])

• Kumagawa

Cooldown: 30s (will either [depending on the distance] rob the opponent of all their Stamina [and prevent them from building it for a set time] or paralyze the opponent in place for an extended amount of time. A single dark spike [which stays for the duration of the seal] will appear on the opponent for the first action while 2 will be lodged in them for the second, just in case you need to make sure. While the 2nd is great for combos I find the 1st action to be far more interesting as without Stamina the opponent can NOT guard OR use Specials, this allows for a lot of harassment either through smaller combos that don't end in knockdown or making the opponent pretty easy to approach.)

I got the game too, and I'm having fun with Killua. I really need to learn the game mechanics though. I still feel like I have no idea what to do.

Also, is there any cross-play? I bought the PS3 version, but I have some friends who wants to play on Vita.

Speaking of, if anyone wants to play, I'll leave my PSN here. My PSN is chankaya

The only "benefit" to letting Lala hit you as opposed to just letting her run her course [outside of keeping the field close to you of course] is the fact that Lala will change into a swimsuit during the duration of the healing field.

This game, man.

Kumagawa sounds great, that's a very nice way of making Bookmaker work in a fighting game. Gotta switch between him and Hisoka, probably (what a surprise, the characters that I know and love and wanted to become playable are the best assists around).

I got the game too, and I'm having fun with Killua. I really need to learn the game mechanics though. I still feel like I have no idea what to do.

Also, is there any cross-play? I bought the PS3 version, but I have some friends who wants to play on Vita.

Speaking of, if anyone wants to play, I'll leave my PSN here. My PSN is chankaya

I know that you can transfer your save files between the two versions, but I have no idea about the cross-play. I did decide to buy the PS3 version simply because it has more potential for online scene, even if I might've enjoyed it as a portable game.

I know that you can transfer your save files between the two versions, but I have no idea about the cross-play. I did decide to buy the PS3 version simply because it has more potential for online scene, even if I might've enjoyed it as a portable game.

The online is kinda laggy, but since it's JP only, I can't really complain. It could be really good if there is something like a patch to improve on the netcode. Regardless, it's still fun.

Man, the SKET-dan would've been AMAZING as full playable characters, maybe in the sequel ; -;7

Also no, there is no cross-play. I'll have to get a group of people I know are all in North America before I judge netplay [because the communication bar is lies, Lies, LIES!!! :s]

I live in NA and have it so I'll be down to try the netcode with you.

Played with some friends becuase one of my buddies got it via game share from a friend... I was less than impressed.

Too similar to the DBZ/naruto games which i dislike

The roster is cool i guess.

I was kinda interesting in maining Aizen, but after watching this video, I'm not sure if I'm enough of a scumbag for that:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23139620

Reminds me of Dissidia's Emperor, except that you have not one, but two characters to cover your back while you're summoning your Wunderwaffe.

By the way, is it just me, or the villains have much less attacks than the protags? Doesn't that make them weak/boring?

Got a chance to try the online. Had 2 full bars and one about half-full. Ran okay-ish wen the half bar was there, but once he left the netplay was really smooth with only the occasional hiccup.

It's mind boggling how this game has better netcode than ASB.

Controls and notations

Square = Light attack / L

Triangle = Heavy attack / H

Circle = Special attack / S

X = Jump

L1 = Lock-on

L2 = Assist

L3 = Taunt

R1 = Guard

R2 = Dash

R3 = Victory Burst/Super

t.X = toward + button

g.X = Guard + button

j.X = aerial button

XX = consecutive button presses

Kenshin Himura ver 0.8

Character Overview

Kenshin is a character completely focused on the ground game and as such has poor aerial options (with only a single jumping light attack and no air dash) however he is a very strong and dominate mid-range fighter. He has the ability to store 2 full stocks of Stamina bar but does not have a transformation (in fact his secondary meter build is considerably slower than most, but VERY important none the less!). He can deal large chunks of damage (which consume large chunks of Stamina) and thanks to his secondary stance has some great mobility options.

Kenshin is a strong intermediate to advance character that has strong tools which require firm understanding to utilize efficiently.

Sheath Stance

Normally g.H is a character's immediate guard break attack but for Kenshin this causes him to sheath his sword and enter into a secondary stance. Entering this stance costs a little more than 1 section of Stamina and can be cancelled for free by inputting g.H again.

- Movement

The first thing to note is moving is this stance results in the same speed and velocity of a Dash, but unlike a Dash Kenshin can quickly and easily alter his direction, also this movement only consumes a single section of Stamina rather than continually drain it like a normal Dash (this includes changing your direction, so as long as you do not stop you will move quickly at optimum energy consumption) adversely you cannot recover Stamina while moving. Be cautious however as Kenshin can neither jump nor defend while in this stance. Also keep in mind that there is a point when approaching the target that you cannot alter your course, you will recognize this range when Kenshin begins to tilt sideways. This brings us to another benefit of this movement over a standard Dash, when you reach your target you will not stop in front of them, rather you will actually cross them up and appear behind them! (or beside them if a wall prevents the former) but passing through them will NOT occur if the opponent is in recovery state. One final note about movement, it is small but all knowledge can be valuable, be aware that fall of an uneven surface will cause Kenshin to enter an aerial state and will cancel the stance upon landing.

- Offensive Actions

Sheath Stance allows for quite a few attacking options but keep in mind that preforming any one will immediately take you out of stance.

First let us talk about his Normal options: g.H > L is Kenshin's Cross Rush Launcher; this is the move to go to when you need a helping hand from your partner to tack on some extra damage against an opponent. g.H > H has you cross through the opponent [if close enough] and leave them in a crumble state on hit (which can easily be followed up with various attacks - see: Combos). g.H > H on block drains a lot of Stamina on block [4] and if done close to the opponent still passes through them, in fact it lands you a good distance away from your opponent, so it is a relatively safe option.

Out of the Sheath stance Kenshin can do 2 of his 3 Specials; Dragon Storm and Dragon Counter, which act exactly the same as when he is in normal stance [see: Specials] but cannot do his Super (can still Burst though).

Specials

*Note: for the sake of simplicity I will be using nicknames derived from the actual move name translations

Dragon Storm (S) - a quick horizontal strike that moves Kenshin forward a bit, costs 3 Stamina. You'll be using this move quite often in combos thanks to its ability to re-stand the opponent. Chips 4 Stamina on block.

Dragon Storm 2nd (SS) - a secondary attack that can only be executed on hit, costs 1/2 Stamina. This will cross over the opponent and still retains the strong re-stand ability of the first hit.

Dragon Storm 3rd (SSS) - final attack that can only be executed on hit, costs another 1/2 Stamina, bringing the total chain to 4. The final hit sends the opponent flying.

9 Dragons (t.S) - rush attack that covers a good amount of distance but has even better attack range, sending the opponent flying, costs just under 6 Stamina. This move has a high cost for good reason as this attack is completely unblockable, to make up or the fact that Kenshin does not have a traditional Guard Break with g.H. However you probably won't be doing it much outside of keeping the opponent on their toes or if they are against the wall, as there are more damaging (and consistent) things you can do (especially for that much meter).

Dragon Counter (g.S) - Kenshin surrounds himself in a hemisphere and any opponent within range will be halted and struck down, costs 5 Stamina. Ok, so "counter" may be a bit misleading as the opponent technically doesn't need to be attacking you to activate, still this is one of Kenshin's strongest options at close range (as the sphere has a short, but reasonable range). However this is also your riskiest move as whiffing it leaves you vulnerable and mashing it out more so, also it CAN be guarded against if the opponent doesn't simply rush toward you. If the initial sphere is blocked push back will occur, but NO Stamina will be chipped off, thankfully Kenshin is still invulnerable during the active portion and will still do the follow-up strike, however it can be blocked and you can be punished afterwards. The follow-up chips 4 Stamina on block. Luckily this move can be combo'ed into and out of fairly easily.

Rising Dragon (L, after j.L) - an upward slash that provides a small launch. This is technically not a "Special" as it consumes no Stamina but it is listed under as such and is certainly worth mentioning. Kenshin may not have strong aerial actions but this move makes that singular air attack a little better as you can instantly follow up with an S for a small combo. Combined with j.L it only does about 1/2 Stamina chip on block

Assists

*Note: you should definitely search for a partner that suits your specific play style and these are only the suggestions of one player who [as of this writing] has not had much experience against other live players. However based on what Kenshin can and wants to do, I feel that these Assists complement his base game plan well. [Also, at the moment only support only Assists will be listed, as I mentioned in my Assists list the playable character Assists are pretty much strictly combo fodder since they merely use their regular Specials as support actions.]

Chitoge - first and for most, she can lock the opponent's Assists for a significant amount of time, so this helps Kenshin maintain pressure. Also when summoned during combos, due to the close proximity and Kenshin's tendency to cross up the opponent a lot, Chitoge can often strike from behind the opponent and send them flying toward Kenshin. Example: L > Assist > H > [stuff]

Kumagawa - for the same reason that Chitoge is a great partner, Kumagawa allows Kenshin to play his game while preventing the opponent from playing theirs. Either of his actions are good because worst case scenario you simply get the stun [but can now do all sorts of wonky combos] and best case you get to lock your opponent's Stamina!

Neuron - as his ability is casting invisibility, he is obviously a great partner for anyone, however I am actually listing him to point out something that weakens his combination with Kenshin in particular . . . you see . . . Sheath stance technically counts as an "attack" so Kenshin can NOT combine its high mobility with Neuron's ability, not even if you enter the stance before walking through his field. Bummer . . .

Combos (still WIP)

L > H > HH > LLLL > SSS - does 50% for 4 Stamina. The trickiest part is linking the HH for the re-stand (you can essentially mash it but be careful about doing so on the LLLL or else you won't get the proper chain for SSS). If Chitoge is your partner you can call her in between L > H to make the following HH easier to link, tack on a bit of extra damage, and lock the opponent’s Assist.

I just picked up a copy myself, looking to main Shishio. Anyone got some gameplay footage of him they could link?

No videos yet but we need a way to compile all of this information gathered amongst ourselves, we could probably move onto Skype or talk about making another thread if possible. I would like the 'group' options to return back one of these days. My buddy is a Tsuna player and I'll attempt to take some info off of him on the character and share later. My Kurokami was murdered by him seconds ago but he seems to know some juggling options with his character so I stood no chance. I'll either continue to train off of his or download my own next week (paycheck week), I'll eventually be able provide videos. 

I'm literally laughing my ass off watching Lala in action but I'm impressed with Chitoge abilities as well. 

PS- Going to save your info SoBa for personal reference down the road

I was kinda interesting in maining Aizen, but after watching this video, I'm not sure if I'm enough of a scumbag for that:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23139620

Reminds me of Dissidia's Emperor, except that you have not one, but two characters to cover your back while you're summoning your Wunderwaffe.

By the way, is it just me, or the villains have much less attacks than the protags? Doesn't that make them weak/boring?

Trust me, that other team did not handle the situation well, match up knowledge is going to be important in this game because when you see a character like Aizen on the field that has omni-distance attacks, you have to have a different sort of mindset. Also the thing about having Aizen on a team, if you really want to play the stand back and full cast game you have to have a competent partner on point because that means they have to do a vast majority of work.

Also all characters generally have the same number of options, and plenty of villains have full movesets, some heroes actually have very limited movesets IMO [ex. Yusuke - he technically only has 2 Specials both of which work better when charged, they consume ALOT of meter, his 2nd gauge takes FOREVER to charge, and his transformation only occurs when he is in Burst and gets KO'd . . . which is NOT like Dark Phoenix because he expires once Burst is over :v: Gon is also another relatively limited character as two of his Specials are just Nen techniques, with Jya-Jyaken as his only true Special. Sure it has all 3 variants but the stance has considerable start up and limits his movement. On the plus side Gon does have a command grab in the form of his g.H that leads to some nice combos]. All in all, I think the entire cast is interesting in one form or another and I really have to respect how they made everyone feel so unique and true to character.

No videos yet but we need a way to compile all of this information gathered amongst ourselves, we could probably move onto Skype or talk about making another thread if possible. I would like the 'group' options to return back one of these days. My buddy is a Tsuna player and I'll attempt to take some info off of him on the character and share later. My Kurokami was murdered by him seconds ago but he seems to know some juggling options with his character so I stood no chance. I'll either continue to train off of his or download my own next week (paycheck week), I'll eventually be able provide videos. 

I'm literally laughing my ass off watching Lala in action but I'm impressed with Chitoge abilities as well. 

PS- Going to save your info SoBa for personal reference down the road

Well I certainly love this game, I don't think it is "bad" or "stupid" like others are so quick to label it, so I will definitely be examining it further and compiling what ever info I come across in the process, so if others are interested I'll totally make a "Player's Guide" thread to keep the info better focused in the opening posts. There's actually a lot of system stuff I want to talk about like Step Cancels, Insta-Supers after Bursts, the near death defense bonuses, etc

Well I certainly love this game, I don't think it is "bad" or "stupid" like others are so quick to label it, so I will definitely be examining it further and compiling what ever info I come across in the process, so if others are interested I'll totally make a "Player's Guide" thread to keep the info better focused in the opening posts. There's actually a lot of system stuff I want to talk about like Step Cancels, Insta-Supers after Bursts, the near death defense bonuses, etc

Idk if they'll let u make another thread here for that but I'm definitely interested, I've been playing it for most the day today (got it this morning!) and I can tell that there's a lot of stuff in the engine but I have no clue on how to use em or what they are even lol.

Plus the combo engine is really odd, I have no idea if what I'm doing actually combos or if it's techable, Idk what routes I can do/proper OTGs/if I can combo into R1+button moves or super etc etc

I've been mainly sticking with Killua (why is his dodge omega ass?), Boa,Tsuna and Raoh atm, but even then there's a bunch of moves they have that I dont even know what they do.. 

Hisoka assist is fuckin retarded lmao. So far I'd say its one of the best assists (if not THE best).

Edit: Well, I was gonna try out all the cast but the store isn't letting me buy more characters eventhough I have like 20k JP.. idk whats up :S

Well that explains why I never see any Yusukes or Gons in the replays :v: On the other hand, Tsuna seems to be very popular (to the point where having three Tsunas in a single fight is relatively common), and that makes sense, since he seems to have lots of combo options, mobility and range.

Man, I still have no idea who to main, there are too many cool chars in the game. Can you please share some thoughts on the following characters?

- Medaka

- Nube

- Koro-sensei

- Toguro

- Zebra

- Joseph

- Bobobo

- Hancock

- Momotaro

(Yes, those are all the characters I may main in this game. Boy, this roster is amazing).

Tsuna is really good, has options from fullscreen and upclose, a counter, airdash, charges stamina super fuckin quick, and has restand loops. Basically I cant think of a thing he doesnt have.

Hancock is my favorite character so far, granted she has an AWFUL super (you wont hit anyone who's played the game more than once with it) but she has everything else lol.
Her strings are pretty solid and you can combo for days with them, she has chun-li lightning legs, spinning bird kick, and hazanshu lol. Her hard attack is a leaping kick that turns them to stone, has mad range and you can OTG with it for a restand (anything after wont combo but they'll be standing and dont have the retarded 5 hours invincibility).
She has a projectile (pistol kiss) that goes more or less fullscreen and it turns them to stone, does little damage and has mad start-up but if you're close enough you can combo off of it. You can also do it in the air.
Her Slave arrow is a tracking rain of arrows that turns them to stone, you can hold it but idk if it does anything, you can combo into the pistol kiss if it connects. I like it for lockdown and helping out your bud if they're getting combo'd.
She has a mello-mello move that you can hold and shoots a <3 beam but Idk what it does lol.
She has a Crotch kick that breaks guard and crumples on hit, has no range tho..

Medaka was very disappointing to me, I havent messed with her that much but from the little time I had with her she was vey "meh". the only good thing about her is the Psycho Crusher (kurokami phantom), and even then it damages you as well ~__~ 
her field or whatever that holds the opponent in place looks useful but it doesnt do any damage and you recover around the same time as them so idk, prob cant combo off of it or anything..

Havent messed enough with the others you listed to tell you anything really, but Koro-sensei and Bobobo are super fuckin good.

Idk if they'll let u make another thread [...] I have no idea if what I'm doing actually combos or if it's techable, Idk what routes I can do/proper OTGs/if I can combo into R1+button moves or super etc etc [...] Well, I was gonna try out all the cast but the store isn't letting me buy more characters eventhough I have like 20k JP.. idk whats up :S

It shouldn't be a problem, but at the very least when I make the new thread we can just migrate further discussion over there. Just really need to have like the first page of posts reserved to gather all the information lol

The beauty of teching is you really can't do so immediately, pretty much if it combos it is legit, the only exception is air teching like when you do your cross rush launcher and try to combo off of that you need to have a 2nd controller and mash X/R1 to make sure it is inescapable as opponents can tech out immediately following the end of the cross rush window. Also keep in mind that techning trades some of your invincibility frames. And with OTGing you either want to re-stand the opponent or have them enter a small aerial spiral state, otherwise you'll be doing absolute minimal damage/the opponent can tech/opponent can recover much sooner than you and punish. Also [generally speaking, this does not apply to all] comboing into either g.L or g.H is neigh impossible as the recovery or whatever action you want to cancel from and the start up of those moves are just too large, you probably want to do g.H on an opponent who immediately reaches for guard when you get close and most g.L moves work as good punishes to strings as they can be relatively fast [but be warned they are not invulnerable, so if someone is mashing their auto-combo you can probably get hit. In this case you should use gaps to either Just Guard and punish or wait a little longer to punish the recovery of the string].

Lastly, one of the small annoyances of J-Stars, in the store you are limited by how many characters [both playable and support] you can buy at any one time, in order to increase the quote you need to raise the levels of your Effort/Friendship/Victory bonus gauges which can be done so by playing any mode [might as well play story mode, Victory Road gets silly fast lol]. It is kind of grindy and you need a combined total of lvl 27 in order to buy every character [reached 30 max last night].

Well that explains why I never see any Yusukes or Gons in the replays :v: On the other hand, Tsuna seems to be very popular (to the point where having three Tsunas in a single fight is relatively common), and that makes sense, since he seems to have lots of combo options, mobility and range.

I still think they're both cool characters and I love their series, but yeah, they certainly require more work. Tsuna is good, he's an easy contender for top tier for all the reasons you listed, but he is still far from unbeatable [but yeah fighting 2 at once sounds annoying lol]. Honestly I hate his command grab more than anything :s [reminds me of a ground ver of Justice's instant kill lol] Oh and his theme [The Hitman] is probably my favorite song, so he has that going for him too lol.

Boa/Medaka stuff

I think of Boa like Jin from BB actually lol, she can be annoying to fight but kind of fun to play. I'm glad I'm not the only one underwhelmed by Medaka, granted I know almost nothing of her series, but as one of the few female representatives of the playable cast I wanted her to be "cooler". Her "intimidation" field is dumb lol it does no damage and sure she can't combo off it but is halts the opponent's momentum AND drains your Stamina [ you need that D: ]

Yeah as much fun as I have with the CPU, I can't wait to play others more lol [CPU is actually smart on 3 or more stars D: and fighting with an A.I. you can't adjust sucks = w= especially when you are partnered with Ichigo and he decides to use his Super :s but at least he hits with it more than I can/do lol]

Ok so basically play more story mode so i can buy the rest of the cast?

Fuckin lame but whatever lol, was planning on doing that anyway so it's not that big of a deal>__>;

ok so you cant combo into the R1 specials, yeah I figured it's impossible outside of certain assists but people are mentioning cancels (Step cancels?) and shit all over so thought one of them might help in creating a way..
So with R1 specials out of the picture guess supers are on the same boat then and you cant' combo those either?

Honestly the main thing I want right now is a guide with descriptions of the character's moves and properties, how to activate transformations and what effects they have.. any idea if a guide or something that has that exists already or would we have to wait?
Like.. for characters that I'm familiar with the series they come from I can more or less guess or see what the character might do and what they'll need to activate/use a power, but there's so many characters that I dont even know the series they're from so i dont have a clue about their powers..

Lastly, I'm seeing the term "cross break" and idk what that is or how to use it, Do you know what that is SoBa?

From what I can see in the replays, they kinda shot themselves in the foot by putting the anime Medaka into the game. Before the Minus arc, she is simply a pretty boring character who can do everything well... which describes her playstyle pretty nicely, I suppose. Still, she could use lots of moves from other characters of her series (she already does that with Oudo's Weighted Words, the "gravity field"), get many more modes... and probably stay her same boring self. Damn, why didn't they put Naze into the game? Combining poisons, fire, ice, maybe even Koga-chan would've been so amazing.

Since I don't know how War God affects her gameplay, the main thing that attracts my attention is not Kurokami Phantom, but Weighted Words. Obviously, she needs a competent teammate to make full use of it, probably someone with good AoE attacks to hit everyone stuck in WW. I suppose it makes sense for a student council president to work better in a team rather than by herself.

ok so you cant combo into the R1 specials, yeah I figured it's impossible outside of certain assists but people are mentioning cancels (Step cancels?) and shit all over so thought one of them might help in creating a way..

So with R1 specials out of the picture guess supers are on the same boat then and you cant' combo those either?

Honestly the main thing I want right now is a guide with descriptions of the character's moves and properties, how to activate transformations and what effects they have.. any idea if a guide or something that has that exists already or would we have to wait?

Like.. for characters that I'm familiar with the series they come from I can more or less guess or see what the character might do and what they'll need to activate/use a power, but there's so many characters that I dont even know the series they're from so i dont have a clue about their powers..

Well there are plenty of character that can combo into/out of their g.S moves, and again there are certainly character that can do the same with certain g.L/H moves, it all just depends [the cast is big mang ; -; ] Supers are a trickier beast as they have a lot of start up, so I have yet to find a reliable way to combo into them. But that's probably good since they do so much damage on their own and are unblockable :s it's really more about setup, but since you can activate your Super immediately after Burst there may be something yet, it will just be tricky. Step Cancels are certainly a thing, but they are weird lol, like after the active frames of a Step you can pretty much do anything, but for some characters [like Kenshin] you can do a Front Step + action all at once automatically by simply pressing g.t.X so like g.t.S would make Kenshin step and them immediately do his counter-esque Special. Still need to experiment with it, not sure how useful this technique will be.

Also the game is too new and niche, so an [English] guide doesn't exist...until we make it :3 but transformations are pretty much activated by either A. charging Stamina [most common] or B. effects of a Burst. Though generally speaking, I think a lot of the transformations are largely cosmetic, they might provide some stat bonuses but don't generally alter a character's move set/options and some are "permanent" [Kenshiro, Raoh, and Momotaro simply don't put their shirts back on!]

Also I messed around with Zebra, honestly I don't know enough about Toriko to be interested in the characters at face value but he was actually pretty interesting, much more projectile focused than I though and he has a nice trap attack, also this dude has a legit air grab lol he's like what all grapplers want to be in these types of fighters lol speaking of he is one of the only characters I've seen [thus far] that does NOT have a double jump o.o but he does have a high jump.

Messing around with Nube now~

I wasn't too interested in Zebra (or Toriko), either, but seeing him in action in the last trailer made me think of him as the local grappler, and it does sound like he's a pretty good one. Now I have to add yet another manga to my backlog.

Since even the Japanese info is pretty scarce, I decided to check out the GameFAQs forums. I shouldn't be surprised that Vegeta is the ultimate scrub killer and day 1 top tier.

Well in this game zoners are going to be strong/annoying so they'll definitely destroy the morale of less experience players and Vegeta seems to be king of the Saiyans zoners as his meter expenditure isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, certainly a costly character but for what he gets it's manageable and his Stamina charge is nutz lol [like all the DBZ characters ; -; ] Really his most annoying attack is Big Bang since it WILL Stamina Crush you all the time as it is active for days but it is pretty slow and you "might" be able to Just Guard it [i am trying now, but it might not be possible or is very difficult]. Just get out of the way lol. But yeah, since this is 2v2, zoners are going to need solid partners to get the most out of the range game.

Oh and I messed with the Fist of the North Star characters a bit more; Kenshiro has a double jump but Raoh does not [has a high one like Zebra]. Raoh has TWO command grabs and the Special one will leave cause the opponent to explode after a set amount of time [assuming they don't hit you]. Kenshiro has the same thing on 2 of his Specials [but appear much faster than Raoh's, like one pretty much exploded the moment I got up and left invincible frames lol] his counter Special doesn't seem to have the delayed explosion but does beefy damage.

Also, I didn't watch/read One Piece up to that point, but is that Akainu guy supposed to be a giant!? Like he just seems abnormally large lol [next to Yusuke he's like a 3m Titan :s]

OK, guys, before I make the new thread I just wanted to run the skeleton format by ya'll in case there's something you'd like to see added or changed:

Post 1 - Intoduction
Post 2 - System: explain HUD layout, battle rules, controls
Post 3~6 - Characters: provide in-depth explaination of each character, each post will contain 13 characters with the last [post 6] containing support only characters. If everyone is fine with the format, each character [that applies] will be setup in a modified ver of what I did with my Kenshin guide.
Post 7 - Modes & Translations guide
Post 8 - J-Cards
Post 9 - Media
Post 10 - Community