Sign in to follow this  
Jet Set Dizzy

M.u.g.e.n.

Jesuszilla: Have any idea what would make an A.I. turn on it's own Movelist menu??? I have other characters made by people who do this...and several with Palette errors on certain frames (like throw frames).

I'd like to fix them, any idea how?

Problem is either poor AI code or the lack of coded AI to begin with.

If it has its own creator-programmed AI, then you'll need to find the var they used to enable the AI. Then you'd have to find where it triggers the movelist menu and add:

triggerall = Var(x) != (whatever the value is for "on" in this case)

If it has no creator-programmed AI... you'll probably need to use winane's tutorial to at least use the activation code. Easiest is probably the "impossible commands" method. you just add a shitload of commands to the .cmd like...

[Command]
name = "IMPOSSIBLE"
command = ~x,x,c,y,x,y,z,c,b,y,a,x,c,D,~DF,a,~x,c,U
time = 1
Vary it up, and the more you have, the more likely it is to activate. You can keep them all the same name, or not (don't think it matters much). Keep in mind that should you change the name for each one that there's a limit to the number of commands you can have.

Then you add an activation in -2 that triggers when that command is made. Follow Winane's tutorial as I'm not very familiar with making AI as I've never done it. But you just want the activation code. Also make sure that you use a FREE variable that isn't being used elsewhere. ctrl+F is your friend. Again, this is if it doesn't have a programmed AI.

Oh yeah!! That's a good idea!! Completely didn't think of it... OR.. OR.. you could.. just delete the specific characters 'start' command.. (i'm asumming that the character in reference, movelist is based on pressing start to pause the game) that should work too.. what ever command opens the movelist should do. Jesus Idea sounds more fundamentally solid though.. just force the character to string command the whole game.

Hey i have a question about .lzh files. I have found a few characters that are .lzh files i extract them but don't know how to get them to work with mugen. Can anyone here help me with this? If so it would be extremely appreciated.

M.U.G.E.N. exclusive character: PSILO

sprite edit/change

Just bored and sipp'n a 40oz, I decided up on this little ditty. A version of the PSILO character for mugen in a mour 'Arc System' style of sprite. Not certain as of yet if I like this version mour or the previous.

psilo_bbstyle.gif

Start a petition, we've got to get the attention of a few game developers together and get "M.U.G.E.N.: Make your own fighter." legit-ably for consoles a reality.

Or I'll Fukk your world!

Start a petition, we've got to get the attention of a few game developers together and get "M.U.G.E.N.: Make your own fighter." legit-ably for consoles a reality.

This is actually a good idea, user generated content has proven to be an area many consumers are interested in. Making a legeal M.U.G.E.N would be no different that having RPG Maker, Little Big Planet, 3D Dot Game Heroes, etc. if the tools to make X fighter were in the engine, well that shouldn't wholely offend any publishers as such stuff like this has been in mny other engines before it.

This also has the great potential of original and new content (I myself am planning to make an original 2D fighting game andplan on using M.U.G.E.N) so it's not like it's one sided and there's also the possibility of making deals with publisers and having them release offically licenced versons of their characters, so the potential is there, however it may just be a dream.

HaHa. I see what you did there. That was fairly clever.

Wait, what type of game are you making with the M.U.G.E.N. engiene? Just a generic fighter or something? Is it already in production? When will we be able to see it?

I've always wanted to make a mmorpg/fighter hybrid.. Kind of like that Maple Story game.. but mour mature themed graphic content.. and sprites mour resemblant to the one I posted earlier in this thread (just above aliens post actually)

Or It's still undecided actually.. I've always liked snk style sprites myself. Guess it's all up in the air yet.

Problem is I have literally.. NO programming experience what so ever. So that leaves me with concept art and sprite work.. not the most convincing angle to attract programmers.

---

Back on topic, however.

I'm not even certain where to begin after getting people to back us.. maybe some random game developers forum? (those are usually full of people looking for work)

I'll bet microsoft could pull it off. That or SquareEnix? I dunno.. I don't usually like square fighters.

Wait, what type of game are you making with the M.U.G.E.N. engiene? Just a generic fighter or something? Is it already in production? When will we be able to see it?.

Well I don't want it to be just a standard fighter,I want there to be some kind of cool/unique/special system but I don't have anything set in mind yet and I'm just tossing around multiple concepts. The game is "kinda" in production, I say kinda because it's in the VERY early stages; the story--I know lol to most people, but it's an important aspect to me--is done ad the final script is being penned along with all dialogue. The characters have gone through their inital concepts and are currently having their final drafts made--I don't want to say by who yet, but they are a member of DL :3. Clearly sprite work can't get started until the final designs for characters are done, and I'm currenty looking for someone(s) with a good overall style. Everything else pretty much hasn't even been started on but then again the projects only been in full swing for about a week, so I think I'm at good point right now lol

I'll have a blog set up when the first character's final design is done and update it regularly with progress and other bs. I hope to have something nice to show by the end of the summer/middle of fall x.x

On the subect of getting a console M.U.G.E.N, we should write up a proposal stating what we want, how we want it, and how it could help the community (if we can't convince them how it'll be profitible for both consumers and producers, we might as well not even bother)

S* !, that Jin has MAD UP'S... or maybe it's just Ky looks really short to me. :psyduck:

I can see what your saying, however. The creator should have just copy/pasted the freeze code lines from any of the numerous sub-zero's sitting around

Freeze state is easy. If people can make Sub-Zero, they can make Jin. As for wiggle free state, it can be the same as a Stagger/Faint state. Also Unlimited Jin had different freeze rules.

Something like:

2 Freezes per combo (j.D)

4 Freezes per combo (6D)

4 Freezes per combo (2D)

The latter is because they hit more than once, but 6D can be exploited in the corner.

Thats true, Unlimited Jin is also immune to projectile attacks while using Ice Car.

You won't be able to do that on the MUGEN engine.. at least not with-out placing the name of EVERY specific projectile attack available in the game in jin's cmd (so like, what.. another 2000mb of code lines?)

then there are moves with the same name or untitled

Wow, those guys are really.. annoying.

>_<' Remind me not to watch the entire video if you ever link one again.

-----------

So, back on topic

-----------

450px-Felicia28Darkstalkers29.jpg

felicia.jpg

felicia.jpg

///////////////////////////////////

too avoid double post syndrome

///////////////////////////////////

This has been mentioned too much recently, so I'll put it here to shut you guys up.

Quote from: MUGENFAQ

Can you play mugen online?

No

Mugen will not run as a true online game. You can play it VERY badly through various support programs. This is not at all recommended as it requires giving someone else full access to your computer. Using these programs will work for playing someone miles away. However you will only have access to the characters on 1 persons PC. The lag will also be very noticeable. At least 1 second between key presses.

Why can't we play Mugen online?

Lack of source

We do not have the source code for Mugen. In fact no-one does aside from Elecbyte. Without this we cannot add any functionality to the engine that's not already coded in. Hi-Res is a modification of an existing feature. Online would be far more than that. You are of course free to try and recode Mugen and give it online functionality. But this forum will be unable to support you in that endeavour.

Will you port MUGEN to Dreamcast/PSX[/etc.]?

No.

M.U.G.E.N has been compiled for DOS, Windows, and Linux by Elecbyte solely for the instruction set x86_32/80x86.

Will you release the source code for MUGEN?

The source for MUGEN is not available for public download.

When Elecbyte closed up shop, they didn't leave the source(s) along with them.

Because of these factors, the only console currently capable of running M.U.G.E.N without emulation is the XBox. XBox can run Linux, has a Pentium x86 processor, and has a system capable of running M.U.G.E.N at or near full speed. The Wii, PS3, and XBox 360 have capability to run M.U.G.E.N should they be able to run Linux and have a PowerPC emulator available. This forum does not support running M.U.G.E.N on the XBox or any other console for that matter since most are infamiliar of the installation procedure.

PS3 running Windows 98 on Yellow Dog Linux which may be able to run M.U.G.E.N http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=87681.0

Looks like theres no help from the mugen creators after all.

At least we can still dream. :/ At this point if a mugen style fighter appears on console it will have to be named something completely different all together. :(

That's not back on topic. =_=

Also, does anyone know if Ragna will be done anytime soon?

Sign in to follow this