Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs Sol

Oh my gosh, I'm having trouble with this match up. Its worst than Chip IMO, because Sol just won't fucking die fast enough. I'm having trouble with 2p, VV, 6H (A scrubs best friend), tick throws, j.S, j.H, gunflame and Riot Stomp. His pressure seems nearly endless, and if I make a wrong move, bait incorrectly, I get hit with the damn VV. Not mention mashers love to use it to get out of my oki pressure. And those combos do so much damage.... Thoughts?

If they're spamming VV, make sure to bait it and rape them with a fat combo. That'll probably make them think twice before doing another. Almost every normal stops riot stomp if you time it correctly. You can probably backdash after they 6H. Try and control the momentum with air pikes and bubbles if you can. Otherwise if Sol gets in close he'll start the rape. You should have a few variations of corner oki down to make it easier. One of my favorites against Sol is: KD, H~P fish, ice spike, laser, ice spike, bite... and pressure the rest. It's wake-up VV-safe.

One thing about VV - is it normal air guardable? Because I know I'm holding back when it hits me in the air....do I have to waste my precious tension on FD to block that shit?

-the main thing defensivly you should watch out for in this match is wild throw. as Sol has no real mix-up. learn to spot the when he has a chance to throw you and either throw him Back(yours is faster) or back dash.

-the next thing to look for on defence is Gun Flame. Gun Flame is the best chance you have to get out of pressure. either IAD back and set a bubble or High Jump and run away.

-next is to bait the upper. Dizzy's offence is one ofthe best at doing this. the fish will eat the first hit of Sol's upper, but you still have to FD the second hit. also a perfect meaty bubble pop is Upper safe as well. sometimes the pop will hit him. others he'll go right through. either way the resaulting combo you'll get FOR FREE will hurt. Dizzy's damage is high enough that baiting 2 uppers will win you the match. even Sol most respect the bubble.

V Sol ... 2s for his jump in :v: and try not to get caught in GF pressure for wild throw mix up, if the Sol u fight against is poor on spacing do fate walker sugestion to counter throw him once he's down in the corner just go crazy =)

in every other game besides AC you could just dash over Grand Viper..... alas that is no longer possible. 2K is your best bet to stop grand viper on the ground. it has plenty of start up so you should be able to react to it if your spacing is right. on oki a meaty 2K or Meaty bubble will work too. he'll slide under the bubble, but you should be able to block it.

also more random Sol Strat: Bandit Revolver is a free throw for Dizzy when it's blocked. i think it's like -4F or something.

@Kuro : for a GV on my experience the Sol that i go against will use it when he know i'll go for double air dash Oki to escape from corner, on mid screen there's just no way he can hit u, unless u're trying to raw summon anything... i play Sol a little and GV was quite a handy moves to use and very fast to punish something my idea of using it is whenever my op whiff something on mid screen, most Dizzy normal that also hit low(2k,2d & 2hs) will beat GV on it's active frame but, u just need to know when he'll gonna use it, and always block low v Sol

and versus GF->WT... GF(frc) is Sol Best pressure, i've stated best way to deal with it is by not to get caught in it but on Oki ... wth i've no experience dealing with it :vbang: then i'll go from Sol side of view... i've use this many times as a mix up v several other character other than Dizzy :v: and understanding a little how that frame trap works.... whenever i use the GF the main idea of it is to get my oponent on Blocking frame when the GF hit they'll got caught on Block Stun, but throw can't caught something on block Stun, no big deal when the Wild Throw connect they didn't really get caught on Block stun but it's a Fuzzy guard that keep their hit box big enough to be grabbed by WT they didn't really block anything again. however this kind of pressure still has a weakness WT can't grab normal crouching op with smaller hit box so just tap 4 to IB the GF that put u on minimal blockstun and then hold 3 for normal crouching frame so he will whiff the WT... it works for Ky and Johnny as far as i remember and i haven't test it on Dizzy/Pot :vbang:

and about BR, if spaced right it's unpunishable, we can throw him if he do it on point blank range

Here are some thoughts/strats regarding the Sol matchup.

One thing about VV - is it normal air guardable? Because I know I'm holding back when it hits me in the air....do I have to waste my precious tension on FD to block that shit?

You MUST FD block VV if you're in the air. It's also good practice to FD a bit before landing.

Here are some thoughts/strats regarding the Sol matchup.

You MUST FD block VV if you're in the air. It's also good practice to FD a bit before landing.

Alrighty on the strats; good shit. Other than 2k, though does Dizzy have any other normals on the ground that are useful against Sol? What about the air?

Thanks for the verification on the FD for VV. I knew I was blocking when that thing came up, I was beginning to think I was crazy...:psyduck:

Alrighty on the strats; good shit. Other than 2k, though does Dizzy have any other normals on the ground that are useful against Sol? What about the air?

Thanks for the verification on the FD for VV. I knew I was blocking when that thing came up, I was beginning to think I was crazy...:psyduck:

You should take time to read http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/sol.html

basicly anything attack that requires "F" means you need to FD block in the air second alternative is to IB in the air or SB which covers basicly every ground attacks If VV is perform as an aerial VV you can just block it normally without FD.

I have tried many times to throw Sol out of his Wild Throw.

And failed miserably. I'm talking like 50+ attempts in various spacing and timings.

Can someone confirm if you can throw him out of that. Also the range seems rather far for his Wild Throw...

Hah! When I first played GG, there was this bloke who did multiple VVs in the corner against me and I thought the game was broken for allowing such a silly infinite. :v: Of course, he didn't tell me I could tech.

Speaking of FDing VV in the air, remember you need to FD BR in the air if you're attempting to jump out. If he switches to BB, IB it, a free throw for you. But that's normally not going to happen.

5P will counter BR before it hits you if you train yourself to reflexively hit it when you hear "BAN-" *COUNTER*. But there is little you can do to follow up unless he is near enough for jP. Still, might have some use.

FRC GF is one of the worst nightmares you can face. If you IB his ground string he can WT you even easier. But he has to create some space (I think to avoid being thrown during WT startup maybe) so get used to the spacing.

Of course, staying out of GF range is the ideal thing to do, but if you can't, always try and jump backwards and block, many Sol's jK/jP after the FRC, don't give them free KD, but at the same time, don't stand there and take the GF and give him the options. Remem

You can 6P Riot Stomp, but needs good reflexes if it's done close to you. Gatling it or cancel it to summon or whatever, remember 6P counter wall bounces but they can tech quite fast after the wallbounce.

Don't try and air to ground approach him without summon protection, his 5K is godly, fast and two hits and JC. :vbang:

Resist the urge to try and poke him, his normals will own you. Try as hard as you can to nail the all important KD. And then have at it, you have many VV safe options.

Lastly, Sol has this really evil trick, if his spacing is good. He can do a running GF FRC that's really hard to see whether it's going to hit you or not. Then just WT while the GF passes by you. Dizzy can't reversal backdash cause she will eat the GF. But this is really specific and rare. I'm not even sure if it works in AC anymore.

-Sol has a limited pressure tactics via GF FRC. A non FRCed GF is punishable/avoidable, maybe even a GF FRC though you'd have to react quickly. In a neutral situation outside of the corner, IADing back or even a high jump to a.dash back then running away after either action works, just make it count. FRCs require tension so if you are noting your opponents' tension level you should be able to react accordingly. However, a GF FRC will most likely occur after a successful KD as oki, especially in the corner. In this case you will have to defend against what is most likely to happen next, a WT mixup. -Sol has a limited mixup with WT off of GF FRC pressure. If GF FRC is successful in making you block, Sol will usually go for a mixup attempt with WT. It will more than likely be another tick attack to WT or just WT so FDing/IBing the tick attack will make it so the WT attempt will be made to miss. In the case of FD it will create space to avoid the WT just as long as you don't hold it down instead while through IB the blockstun is reduced and escape/avoidance is possible but tricky. WT is likely to whiff if you are crouching as well. Also it is possible to b.dash and counter throw the WT as well for an option. If Sol goes airborne with a j.S for example to mixup, 2S will work as a counter and leads to air combo and out of the mixup. More or less, if you are able to spot the WT attempt and are capable enough to deal with it, there is a chance you can avoid it or counter it accordingly. -Sol's main damage combo will most likely come from a SW loop via WT or 2D>BR RC>SW loop for example. WT is effective after GF FRC as a mixup and after aerial Bursts that are baited and leave you prone to WT upon landing. 2D>BR RC>SW loop will usually occur if Sol has 50% tension to spare. If you spot the WT attempt and avoid/punish it you'll be okay. Don't air Burst unless you know it'll hit cause that is what the Sol player wants is to bait you in using it, especially since it'll make you vulnerable upon landing for WT. As for the 2D>BR RC>SW loop, just watch and make note of your opponent's tension, hopefully you have a Burst stocked or just don't be in a position where 2D can lead to that. -Sol works good at close range, while Dizzy works good from long to mid range with summons. Sol wants to get in close and mix it up and he has pokes that help him do that like f.S which is a pretty good ranged attack he can use to tag you with like at the start of a round, 2P/2K to tick into WT, and 2D which has followup combo potential as well as KD capability. With specials he has VV+KD that beats out a whole lot (VV) and the KD followup to start oki, GV to cover a good amount of range while it hits low and may allow for a followup opportunity if it is a 'clean hit' version, GF FRC as a pressure tool within close to mid range, and WT for setting up a SW loop. Dizzy can zone from max to mid range with fish summons, bubbles, scythes, and deter opponents with air pike (held). Also she can play runaway games besides controlling space with summons. This allows her to control the matchup pace in her favor while keeping Sol at bay with her projectiles until she gets a favorable scenario that allows her to rush in and net a KD so that she can begin oki. 2K is her 'go to' poke as it can hitconfirm to 2H or 2D for KD while her other pokes are best used in conjunction with fish summon for combo/mixup opportunities. Mid range is where Sol can catch Dizzy via an ill timed fish summon with an IAD j.S or even a 'clean hit' GV that leads to air combo but once he's there, Sol will fight to keep it close ranged and in his favor. Controlling the matchup flow so that it works for Dizzy is your goal. -Dizzy's oki has the potential to nullify VV attempts and make them punishable. Once you have KD, especially in the corner, Dizzy can go to work with her oki and hopefully keep control of the matchup. Sol's 'go to' move in most cases to break out of pressure is VV. Against Dizzy's oki its kinda risky because VV will more than likely be baited to whiff and then be punished or nullified through a fish/bubble hit and then punished. There are enough fish summon mixups that will allow this to happen and possibly in turn deteriorate the Sol player's morale because their VV attempts aren't working. Then they are less likely to use it and they become more succeptable to other mixup variants as a result of being punished for using VV. Sol can deal good damage from setups into SW loop and does good at close range but has limited mixup with WT and limited pressure tactics with GF FRC. Dizzy can zone at long range and has good oki for mixups into damage or KD but she takes a whole lot more damage and suffers at close to mid range without summons. Both chars have advantages/disadvantages in some aspects of the matchup but neither char really dominates the other completely IMO. This is why I think DI vs SO is a 5-5 matchup.