Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs Slayer

Slayer is one of the scariest characters to fight in this game. His Mix up is very strong, his combos do a lot of damage and land him a knock down. All this adds up to give him an intimidation factor. To beat Slayer you most get over your intimidation first. IMO Dizzy has the advantage in this match because of Range, Speed, and her runaway game. don't be afraid to run away from Slayer since there is little he can do about it except block. Watch out for 2HS! He throws that move out more then any other at mid range. Dizzy has the awesome ability to dash over lows. make us of this against Slayers 2HS. outside of 2HS range, Slayer only has 3 ways to come in and start his mix-up, 6HS, Mappa, and IAD/jump in j.S/j.HS. Slayer is one of the most punishable characters in the game. His rush down is weak and mobility sucks. Only be scared of his mix up on Oki. Outside of Oki any Mix up he tries is an invitation to hit him. Every Dandy Step is a big window for you to land a combo. you just have to know what to do. Block and punish Pile Bunker, Cross Wise Heel, and Under Presser. Cross Wise Heel leads to a good CH 2HS bubble loop since Slayer is in CH state on recovery. Watch out for the FRC on K dandy though. His Dust and Dust faint is too good to block, attack or back dash. 6K outside of Oki is very easy to attack and score a counter hit, again CH 2HS time. It’s Late During Dandy Step or under pressure is very easy to attack during it’s start up. Mappa Faint is very telegraphed learn its animation and punish it. On Oki is when you have to defend. Watch him carefully and polish up on your blocking. Be aware of his Command grab! If you can survive his Oki and punish his Rush Down then your in good shape. If you get hit by a combo from Slayer stay calm. It’s going to hurt. Only Burst during a Special move(I.e. Pile Bunker) or j.2K’s animation. When rushing Slayer down watch his tension. If he spots a move that can be Big Van Uppered he’ll do it. you can bait BBU with a well spaced Fish, but he can punish with Mappa Punch. Also if he as 50% tension be wary of doing any move that can give him a counter hit Dead on Time. Istant back dash after 2D is a good way to escape DoT and BBU. If you know his weakness and keep him off of you Slayer is relatively easy to beat. Just defend well and don’t get intimidated.

just get loads of Slayer matchup last week, adding some input his 5hs upward coverage is big as hell, going against him is a good practice to get used with Dizzy mid air hit box watch your spacing and timming on oki (especialy with Laser fish) as BBU/DOT can go through them and score nice ch on Ice Spike Blockstring: -. if Slayer got caught close, he'll BBU, if Dizzy use Frc, she can counter it with 2k -. if Slayer got caught far, 50~50 games mappas to get in again, Dizzy Frc can score 2h ch... or he do nothing, Dizzy whiffed 2hs and eat DOT :v:

i've played this macthup enougth times to know about his command grab. If he ever command grabs you shake out as fast as possible or you will eat a BBU. Once you start shaking thougth he has mixups he can utulize, he can try to dash in for another command grab, but once your ready for that shake and immediatly 1-frame jump as soon as you see him teleport to try to command grab you again. A little note at max range 2p beats out his 2d very useful

Wanna know the best way to piss off a Slayer? 2K his Dandies into Icespike KD. Works like a charm (when timed correctly of course!)

You mean 2D right? It worked even better in reload :) Still viable though.

Really? I never played Reload Dizzy. Interesting! But no, I'm pretty sure a well-timed 2K will interrupt Dandy-steps; to get KD out of it though you need to combo. But 2D can definitely be put in its place and work the same way; probably better as you get instant KD and can commence the infamous Dizzy oki :keke:

My bad, I thought you meant 2D because you said "into Icespike KD". I guess you meant that as poking with the 2K then comboing into a icespike KD, with whatever in the middle (6P / 2D / etc.) In that case, is 2K a safe poke to use against pilebunker?

Found out something interesting in this matchup; instead of ending blockstrings with Icespike, try S-scythes; a lot of times the Slayer will try to Dandy his way out of your pressure with it and he'll Dandy right into the scythe. FRC it for combo goodness :keke:

Anyone got tips for how to break out of Pressure, other than Necro super? Or to prevent pressure? For instance, can a well-timed 2S beat out his jumping HS? I know the gameplan for us dizzy players is to zone/play keep-away and use our range, but what happens if we fail and he gets in? I know many of slayers normals and specials leave him positive frames on block and I can't seem to see an opening. This is more annoying than anything, really - I actually consider Slayer one of the better match-ups for [my] Dizzy, but I would like tips on making the going smoother.

Anyone got tips for how to break out of Pressure, other than Necro super? Or to prevent pressure? For instance, can a well-timed 2S beat out his jumping HS? I know the gameplan for us dizzy players is to zone/play keep-away and use our range, but what happens if we fail and he gets in? I know many of slayers normals and specials leave him positive frames on block and I can't seem to see an opening.

This is more annoying than anything, really - I actually consider Slayer one of the better match-ups for [my] Dizzy, but I would like tips on making the going smoother.

Use FD or super jump->air dash to get out of his pressure. Super jump FB bubble is great too. Dont try to beat out j.H with 2S it doesnt work anymore,(I think it did in slash). Also who ends blockstrings in icespike? Sounds suicidal. But yeah Necro super is the best way, just wait till he's committed to something.

Use FD or super jump->air dash to get out of his pressure. Super jump FB bubble is great too. Dont try to beat out j.H with 2S it doesnt work anymore,(I think it did in slash). Also who ends blockstrings in icespike? Sounds suicidal. But yeah Necro super is the best way, just wait till he's committed to something.

Geez, I always miss the obvious stuff. Yes, that should work. Hmm, also I wonder if 6p would be useful in any instances. There's a vid where Yukinose's Dizzy uses it a few times against a Slayer player.

In fact, I've been wondering about the usefulness of Dizzy's 6P in general. I've played enough to know its not as good as May's, but it seems to have longer range than usual...anyone have an opinion on this?

Geez, I always miss the obvious stuff. Yes, that should work. Hmm, also I wonder if 6p would be useful in any instances. There's a vid where Yukinose's Dizzy uses it a few times against a Slayer player.

In fact, I've been wondering about the usefulness of Dizzy's 6P in general. I've played enough to know its not as good as May's, but it seems to have longer range than usual...anyone have an opinion on this?

I've personally rarely used Dizzy's 6P; only the DA. I think if you use it in the corner as part of a combo you get a wallbounce but I'm sure it prorates.

And I agree about ending blockstrings with Icespike; I don't do it and I hope no one else does, especially against Slayer.

I've personally rarely used Dizzy's 6P; only the DA. I think if you use it in the corner as part of a combo you get a wallbounce but I'm sure it prorates.

And I agree about ending blockstrings with Icespike; I don't do it and I hope no one else does, especially against Slayer.

Lol, who would indeed. But then again, even scythe summon after blockstring will get you killed.

Best way to end blockstring is not to do anything, unless youre doing 2HS ...

The S scythe isn't a bad option really, it’s positive on block but the only probably would be the start up, I think only BBU or DOT are the only punish but you should gain free movement from scythe, Instant blocking or frc ? Learn to FRC? Don't make mistakes and besides that zone as best as you can. lol, I need help on slayer match up myself.

So maybe I should have said that S-scythe is viable in ending blockstrings only if you anticipate the Slayer Dandying to escape your pressure. Because as zaeris said, a BBU or DOT will beat you, and after that you're pretty much dead. The Slayer I play against relies on Dandying to escape pressure so I've been pretty safe, but you have to watch his tension bar. I also think FRCing it is important. Instant block after though.

Since most 6p's are intended to be anti-airs (more or less), how good would you guys say it fares against Slayer's jump-ins? Is it viable? Because I'm getting kind of annoyed at Slayers j.HS.

u'll got killed, his j.hs hits fucking deep even with 2s the best result u can get is clashing

So, other than imperial ray or (late) Necro super, we have to either dash away or suck it up and block it? No tensionless AA against Slayer?