Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

I wonder why Elphelt doesn't have a Lucifer if she happens to be a Valentine.
I assume the bouquet replaced the balloon since she can ride it, shapeshift it & shoot explosives (assuming if that is the bouquet and not the gun), and swing it like a hammer like the old Overture Valentine did with her balloon.

Elphelt has two weapons named Miss Confire (Jelly) and Miss Travailler (Labor), though they are weapons I assume they are Servants much like the original Valentine's "sweet-based" Servants.  She also has a bazooka named Genoise (Sponge Cake).

"The Character Book features a profile for each character from Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- as well as those from Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus and Guilty Gear X2 Overture"

Hm, i'm looking forward for that book if it will reveal missing Xrd characters stories during Overture timeline. Particularly about Testament.

I wonder how El and Ram's relationship will be,then.

Ramlethal "Where my mission has failed, you can succeed!"

Elphelt "Pfffft, forget that! I want a MAN, desu~!"

*runs off*

Ramlethal ". . . me too . . . desu . . ."

The trailer confirms that, as well.

Now, any idea who was speaking in the trailer around 1:18? Doesn't sound like any of the playable characters. One of the Senato, perhaps? Not sure about the one at 1:30, either.

Oh, and since Mother apparently "made" Valentines, I'd say she's more likely to be Aria now.

*runs off*

If they do something that stereotypical I will be INCREDIBLY disappointed.

I wonder how El and Ram's relationship will be,then.

Based on Elphelt's new intro where the restraining harnesses fall off her body, it seems she is restrained as a living weapon... so it's clear the two of them are being deployed AS weapons, though they may be related like siblings.

If their "Mother" is treating her "children" like this, it must mean this "Mother" thinks of them as weapons or copies/clones of a sort that she can take advantage of.

Based on Elphelt's bio, I can only assume Elphelt is a pacifist in nature and does not like to be alone or fight, unlike her "sister" Ramlethal.

Of course, it also appears that Elphelt has a more developed personality with emotions compared to Ramlethal as well, so there's that too.

Bedman seems to have a connection to Ramlethal and says at one point that "the time will come when you no longer serve a purpose and you can do whatever you like after that"...

This says to me the two of them are being treated as disposable weapons, and by the looks of things Ky Kiske knows about them, and is trying to help Elphelt out of this situation.

I have faith in Daisuke to pull something at least a little better than that. GG is always a little off-the-wall.

Something I noticed from the latest trailer was how little fucks Ky gave when Sol grabbed him in whatever argument they were having. I don't know whether it's intentional or not, but I think it makes a nice point how little Sol has changed compared to Ky (from what I gather, Ky was a brat in that relationship, then slowly became less bratty and more reasonable). I wonder that's also a gear thing? Stopping maturing emotionally/mentally when they stop aging physically as well.

Then again, I could be reading too much into it, but I hope they at least showcase it in Ky and Sol's dynamic.

I doubt it has anything to do with being a gear. Ky's position and outlook have just changed due to all the shit that's happened to him over the years.

Sol is just single-mindlessly focused on revenge and gives no fucks. If you compare present day Sol to Order-Sol, you can see that he's mellowed out to some degree.

I believe you may be misinterpreting the situation; that scene is most likely an argument concerning Elphelt, woh is under Ky [and Sin's] protection from Sol, who is showing a rare lapse in "whatever" attitude into genuine rage [which might be a reoccurring theme considering the clash between him and Sin in that trailer as well]. Ky is likely still the idealist, no doubt doubling his efforts to understand and accept Gears after the poor way he treated Sin [seriously, the Ky and Sin drama is kind of real].

And Ky wasn't so much a "brat" in regards to their rivalry, he just hated being looked down upon by Sol, who pretty much didn't see their competition as such. Deep down they both have respect for each other, there's just no way in hell either would admit to it.

Yeah, I figured the argument was over Elphelt/Ram, but I just felt like Ky would have reacted differently to such behavior, say, during the GGX period. I could be wrong regarding Sol, since I'm not that sure how Order Sol acted. I only have X to XX characterization to go on.

I doubt it has anything to do with being a gear. Ky's position and outlook have just changed due to all the shit that's happened to him over the years.

Sol is just single-mindlessly focused on revenge and gives no fucks. If you compare present day Sol to Order-Sol, you can see that he's mellowed out to some degree.

Ky has seen a lot of change in only a couple of years, and he is only 29 at most as a king, so he's young still, while Sol has seen a lot from over a century.

So it's not even his morals are always (or usually, if you really think he is bad) correct, and his actions ideal. But he understands that, and this is how he wants to reach his goals. So yea gives no fucks lol

Interesting though, when Ramlethal wins it only says "Ramlethal", and now when Elphelt wins it says "Valentine" as well... I wonder if this has been expressly made somehow.

Or it could be they have a text limit. :v:

Regarding Sol... I think a lot is going over his head lately, so he's finally starting to crack/lose his composure and bravado that he normally would have.

And given how the Valentines have been messing with his head given they look like Aria, I'm not surprised.

Ky's just stonewalling like usual because it's Sol and Sol is a loose cannon anyway (heck, he picked fights with I-No back in the Sacred Order against Ky's orders).

I'm sure Ky never approved of Sol's behavior, but now he's trying to be mature about handling it more, since he's grateful to Sol for taking care of Sin (and if you look at Sin's reaction he practically agrees with Ky so I don't think there's much of a problem in that relationship anymore).

*runs off*

Eh... romance doesn't exist in this series unlike BlazBlue =w=;;

What are you even talking about?

Sol X Aria was a thing. A thing that (presumably) resulted in Dizzy.

Ky X Dizzy is a thing. A thing that resulted in Sin.

Milla X Zato was a thing, Slayer X Sharon is a thing, and so on. In fact, I'd say romance is more provalent in GG than BB

What are you even talking about?

Sol X Aria was a thing. A thing that (presumably) resulted in Dizzy.

Ky X Dizzy is a thing. A thing that resulted in Sin.

Milla X Zato was a thing, Slayer X Sharon is a thing, and so on. In fact, I'd say romance is more provalent in GG than BB

At least its bearable romance and not ragna X the world

Sin and Sol bumping heads isn't all that surprising really, they did it in Overture as well.

But I do remember Sin telling Ky that basically Sol was his father not him.

Sin and Sol bumping heads isn't all that surprising really, they did it in Overture as well.

But I do remember Sin telling Ky that basically Sol was his father not him.

Poor ky, it must feel terrible to have your son say that to your face

"Poor Ky" my ass, he was a legitimately bad father, caring more about how the people would perceive his affection for his family and practically treating Sin with the same disdain others did. Now you may try and hide behind the fact that "oh, well he's a king, he has to sacrifice for the greater good" but that's a fool's defense and both Sin and Ky himself know it. Ky's recent actions with trying to get Gear-kind accepted has less to do with him being a noble man and everything to do with him being a guilt ridden one.

Really sucks that I doubt the more poignant themes such as this will ever get the attention and focus that they deserve.