Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Obviously it's speculation, but unlike most, it has alot of evidence to support it [really what more do you need than their shared XX endings]. You have to try hard to say there's no parallel, just like how Faust and Baldhead being one and the same is never explicitly stated, but there's no denying that lol.

Well, A: ) because of her demeanor and her being daughter to Justice (who was Aria), Sol could instead feel more like he's entitled to be a guardian for her. Or perhaps small hopes for making up past sins.

B: ) If novels are correct, wasn't there another gear called I think Solaire or something like that that Sol also wouldn't kill?

At this point I think it's important to clarify that while Dizzy "claims" Justice to be her mother, they look nothing alike.

What's more, how could Dizzy have been born during the time Justice was sealed away? If she was sealed in 2175 and Dizzy was born in 2178...that would mean that something must've happened during that time frame (assuming something DID happen).

Even more than that, Dizzy's confrontations with the Justice Copy are a little eerie. She claims she gets a headache from it, yet Testament and Sol have no such reaction. Why is this?

On top of that there's the issue of Eddie. When Dizzy met him he claimed that "it is required that we fight", not so much out of duty but based on the natural predatorial instincts of a Forbidden Beast towards a Gear, implying they were natural enemies.

Dizzy denies this by saying "those feelings are artificial". Why would she say this? How could she know this? How could she know anything about a war that happened before she was born?

In other instances, Dizzy has claimed she has resisted the imperative to "kill" people around her when threatened, as if something was telling her to do so in her head.

In other words, it's possible many of her memories are implants. It's also possible she was made to believe Justice was her mother for the purpose of further REPLACING Justice altogether as the so-called "Justice Backup" as stated by Dr. Paradigm in Overture.

Lastly, there is the mystery surrounding the "OutRage" marking next to her Gear Mark and name in the ring of magic that circles her feet whenever she is on the ground in combative stance...the only clue we have is that the word "OutRage" aside from being associated with the 8 Sacred Treasures, has also been found printed on Gear Plant Generation Tanks in an old GG Bible Illustration.

I think something's amiss with Dizzy, moreover I'd say we don't know everything about Justice either, as there is no indication that she EVER called Sol "Frederick" the same way Valentine did. (Which either means it was a story discrepancy or she simply did not remember him as a human being? But if she knew Frederick, why address him as Sol or "Flame of Corruption"? Valentine addresses him as neither, yet STILL calls him Frederick in the end-game of Overture.)

At this point, any assumptions on Justice and Dizzy will just lead to further confusion, so until more is revealed, I'd like to wait on these questions regarding our favorite Command Type Gears. I know how everyone feels about them, wanting to know more, but until we do it's nothing but speculation.

There's 0 questioning that Justice id Dizzy's mother, as for her father there is a lot of evidence to support Sol as the father:

- Both Gear forms initially appear as shadowy winged beasts

- Both have install supers which completely drain them afterwords

- Sol entrusts her to Testament and even has to convince him to let her go and hang out with the Jellyfish

- Dizzy's Story Path 2 and Sol's Story Path 3 in XX

Tv Trope'd :eng101:

Honestly I love this old topic because Sol being Dizzy's dad has always been my headcanon, although I do think canonically he does act like one towards her.

What the heck's a headcanon?

Personal theory. It' canon in your head :eng101: In forums they're called theories, if written as prose they're fanfics.

Valentine is a backup of Aria, and there are other backups emerging at the conclusion of GG2.

So former gear did copies which looks like human (in first form, of course) rather than Justice itself?

- Both Gear forms initially appear as shadowy winged beasts

There can be other gears who look like that.

- Both have install supers which completely drain them afterwords

Gameplay mechanics

- Sol entrusts her to Testament and even has to convince him to let her go and hang out with the Jellyfish

- Dizzy's Story Path 2 and Sol's Story Path 3 in XX

I thought in first ending she blow him away. Second ending... I think he is so "sweety" there, because he created gears and she suffers because of that, badguy feels guilty. After all, its guilty gear rather than guilty father.

On top of that there's the issue of Eddie. When Dizzy met him he claimed that "it is required that we fight", not so much out of duty but based on the natural predatorial instincts of a Forbidden Beast towards a Gear, implying they were natural enemies.

I like to read your theories but i doubt that ASW put so much meaning in every word

For the record only Sol and Dizzy look like that. Check out Dr. P's tribe and these pics.

Gameplay mechanics

Yes, but they're the only ones who have the same appearance and same effect.

I'm still not convinced Sol is Dizzy's biological father, but the similarities between the Necro Install and Dragon Install are interesting.

Sure, but from all the Gears we've seen, we've yet to see two share such similarity.

Gameplay mechanics

So? That doesn't invalidate it, as no other characters have any sort of install forms [outside of Justice in AC+R and Kakusei Ky in Isuka]. Also Dizzy only has Necro Install [even a similar naming scheme, c'mon] in XX in her EX form in reference to her initial appearance in X as a boss in which she was completely berserk.

I thought in first ending she blow him away. Second ending... I think he is so "sweety" there, because he created gears and she suffers because of that, badguy feels guilty. After all, its guilty gear rather than guilty father.

No, she was about to go completely out of control but then Sol jumps in [this is where his ending plays]. And put like that, in a way isn't he indeed "father" to all Gears then, so Guilty Father wouldn't be too far off at that point :v: You're kind of splitting hairs, which is exactly what I said would need to be done to NOT see any sort of connection.

I'm not saying that it's 100% certain, but even if he isn't her father, there's no denying they have really strong connections to one another.

So? That doesn't invalidate it, as no other characters have any sort of install forms [outside of Justice in AC+R and Kakusei Ky in Isuka]. Also Dizzy only has Necro Install [even a similar naming scheme, c'mon] in XX in her EX form in reference to her initial appearance in X as a boss in which she was completely berserk.

Because there are not much gears to play - mentioned before Sol, Dizzy, Justice + P.W.A.B's fraud Testament:roboky: , Sin, and Valentine who transforms in hell knows what.

there's no denying they have really strong connections to one another.

Of course, because Badguy is prototype to her. Well, arguing there leads to nothing until Daisuke will bless us with new story mode.

For the record only Sol and Dizzy look like that. Check out Dr. P's tribe and these pics.

These pics dont show every possible type of gears. Hm, regular gears cant look like them anyway. All depens how much command-type gears were created.

Well, since there are so many educated in lore persons i have two questions -

That Man hates what he did, yet in X trailer he seems to be commanding rampaging gears. Explanation?

23ixem9.jpg

And other - Leopaldon is man who controls dog and gear, or three of them are one gear with name Leopaldon?

Leopaldon was described as a dog-Gear according to the 10th Memorial bit that was translated of him. So everything you see is just ONE Gear all merged together in one body.

As for denying what's been said instead of hanging on every word... I'd only do that if it conflicts with what's currently been stated or if it was a mistranslation.

Especially given the most recent Xrd Trailer, Daisuke is a STICKLER for details! Much like myself. :D

This is just a theory but:

"That Man's" situation in Japan might've been under military orders.

Likely some military group was manipulating him and the Gear army he created against his intentions.

So likely he revolted by somehow causing Justice to go rogue.

No, actually that would've happened afterwards.

Figure, the revolt started in 2074... Dizzy wasn't born until 2178-79ish (in December), we don't hear about "That Man" having been kidnapped until sometime AFTER Ky's Death in 2173.

So sometime between 2173-2183 was when "That Man" was found chained up in one of his own Gear Plants (it might've been after Justice' death at Sol's hands, causing Dizzy to blame humanity for her death so maybe 218X).

Because there are not much gears to play - mentioned before Sol, Dizzy, Justice + P.W.A.B's fraud Testament:roboky: , Sin, and Valentine who transforms in hell knows what.

Whataver Sin transforms into, he's still Dizzy's son so it doesn't really negate anything, if he transforms into a dragon that further gives implications. As for Valentine, her two forms are already shown. One is robot-like like Justice and her ultimate form is a huge fortress. As for Testament there is already many instances he looks exactly like a corpse/grim reaper so we can assume that's his monstrous form.

These pics dont show every possible type of gears. Hm, regular gears cant look like them anyway. All depens how much command-type gears were created.

Why can't regular Gears look like that? They are regular Gears, only that they gained independence and don't act like monsters. As for other samples of Gears, you can check out the GGXtra manga... which is not uploaded anywhere so far.

As for command type Gears, it's only Justice and her alone in the war. After the war there was Dizzy and Solaria. Solaria however, is just manufactured by the Blackard company and it's not as "effective" her singing can only awaken Gears and cause them to go berserk unlike Dizzy who is actively commanding Gear armies in the Drama CD. Valentine is a bit special, she only becomes a Gear when she obtains Sin's cells... which is an extension of Dizzy's cells.

So only Justice is known to be manufactured by the original Gear producers. Dizzy is still a mysterious case as That Man is very interested on her and was surprised at her existence. Besides that, the rings at her feet show her name and the OutRage symbol, and we all know the OutRage are created by Frederick. Dizzy is the only know living creature that has connections with the OutRage.

That Man's Servant: That is all.

That Man: To think there was a daughter... most interesting.

That Man's Servant: What shall I do?

That Man: She's an important sample. Monitor her without being noticed.

That Man's Servant: Understood.

That Man: Now, yet another reason to be killed by him...

Like I said before regarding Valentine, the only reason she needed Justice' (and by extension, Sin's) Prime Field was to unlock the Cube.

There's no indication she needed it for anything else.

The Drama CDs, Novels, and Manga were all written by Kaihou Norimitsu and reference each other. So I would think so.

They are indeed but I want to make a small correction - 2nd and 3rd volumes of Night of Knives were written by Kaihou Norimitsu together with Kodachi Ukyou (what's interesting is that both of them are working on script for the upcoming Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road anime).

So only Justice is known to be manufactured by the original Gear producers. Dizzy is still a mysterious case as That Man is very interested on her and was surprised at her existence. Besides that, the rings at her feet show her name and the OutRage symbol, and we all know the OutRage are created by Frederick. Dizzy is the only know living creature that has connections with the OutRage.

Now i'm reading Blade's translations of Judgement story mode. And Judgements says - "I know you well. An offspring between a human and a Gear..." (that guy even knows about I-no, i wonder how). Well, i have to give up, it seems.

As for other samples of Gears, you can check out the GGXtra manga... which is not uploaded anywhere so far.

I have scans, will check later.

Blade, thanks for answers.

Watching on popularity poll. There is Judgement (never thought that he is more popular than I-no, Venom, Eddie and almost all Overture cast), but there is no manga characters or Leopaldon. Rather... strange selection. Or they have plans for this guy?

^

Correction. Tyr from the GG Xtra manga is connected to the OutRage too. Makes it two living things, they're completely different though

Watching on popularity poll. There is Judgement (never thought that he is more popular than I-no, Venom, Eddie and almost all Overture cast), but there is no manga characters or Leopaldon. Rather... strange selection. Or they have plans for this guy?

...as I've said already, 18th place is not a tie between Dr.Baldhead and Judgment - it's a sole place for etc characters that didn't happen to take their own place (meaning that Leopaldon, Tyr and even Mizuha are there too).

Same thing as with 19th place in BlazBlue poll.

^ And as I SAID before, that is a bunch of nonsense and we should just put out a legit poll around here with the entire cast as options just to be sure. Haha.

Anyways, regarding Gears, some can be taller than several buildings (if the beastly fellow with the glowing eyes in Xrd's Nirvana stage is any indication), some can be smaller than a butterfly, so as far as diversity goes, I recommend consulting Dungeons & Dragons or Monster Hunter's Bestiary (lol I kid, but you get the point).

But to be fair, the more unique Gears are humanoids (technically, for example you could call Gig a humanoid, even if the other half of her is ugly as hell) and Command Types (even incomplete Command types like Solaria, to say nothing of how that affects her 'human' sister Marina).

Unique among unique of course is the Prototype Gear (Sol Badguy). Main reason is because his ability to regenerate comes from Dragon Install, he isn't nearly as durable or able to transform as freely like Dizzy can. Yeah sure he can take cuts and gunshots, but he has to use Dragon Install to heal otherwise it probably still hurts like hell.

Speaking of the manga, anyone know the name of that city-sized Gear that was falling down that Sol blasted away?

They were just called 'Gear body parts' (there's a specific term they use but I forget the name at the moment) since they were pretty much parts of Gears falling from a Space Lab Station that latched on to Mizuha's Kotodama EM signal (since it seems the ship was looking for life on other planets and got confused and went back to Earth).

The idea was that they were trying to experiment by testing to see how Gears react in outer space or how they handle zero gravity.

Likely because of the Crusades, the Space Station was abandoned out in distant orbit and only recently came back...because of Justice it likely became a Gear Hive (Gear Plant) but once she died all the Gears onboard became inactive or died or fell apart due to the vacuum of space or other factors.

When Geena used her powers to merge with the Space Station it was her intent to crash land it on to Earth. I doubt the Gears on board would've been a threat though unless any became sentient somehow.

But Tyr and Mizuha along with Zepp's air fleet shot the ship to bits, so... I guess no one will ever know.

This thread was an interesting read so far. Since you appear the one to ask, Blade do you have a summary of the story/lore so far? Also, what happened during Overture aside from what was already mentioned?

This thread was an interesting read so far. Since you appear the one to ask, Blade do you have a summary of the story/lore so far? Also, what happened during Overture aside from what was already mentioned?

I figured out this could help you: http://kitsoru.tumblr.com/post/58699292125/required-reading-for-ggs-main-plot-in-chronological

GG's main story can easily be followed by looking into Sol and Ky's stories, which involves Justice, Kliff, Dizzy, I-No and Testament. The rest of the characters have their own independent arcs.

Pre GG: In the 21st century, three scientists pioneered the Gear project which is meant to advance human evolution, however the "Gears" are used as weapons instead. Justice, the first complete Gear commanded her brethren to wipe humankind, starting with Japan. The world is thrust into a war that lasted a century. The Holy Knights were formed and was led by Kliff to battle the Gears. Sol Badguy joins the Order but deserts it, stealing it's precious Fireseal sword. Ky Kiske, a 16 year old boy was made commander of the knights and led a mission to seal away Justice. It was successful and the Gears became dormant and the world was peaceful for five years.

GG1: There were rumours of Justice reviving and the UN again organized a Holy Knight selection tournament that aims to recruit the most powerful fighters. Turns out it was all a plot by Testament to revive his master using the blood of the combatants. Justice was revived but Sol Badguy defeats her. Before dying, Justice mentions "That Man" who turned them into Gears. It's revealed that Sol is the first Gear, a prototype and also one pioneers of the project. Kliff Undersn dies. Testament is presumed to be dead.

GGX: A new independent Gear who is feared to be another commander type is found. All the bounty hunters come to the Grove to hunt her down. Testament is alive and resolved to protect her with his life out of love rather than mind control. Sol Badguy fights her only to discover she's a scared, innocent young woman who wants to be left alone. He spares her life. Dizzy is then assisted by Potemkin, Ky Kiske, Johnny and May to live a peaceful life with the Jellyfish pirates.

GGXX: The PWAB and I-No just mess up with all the characters. Ky anguishes over the grayness of the world.

GGXXAC+: The PWAB releases Justice clones to mess up with characters. Characters mess up with other characters. Dizzy asks Ky to help her understand her powers and her origins.

Pre GG2: The world is reorganized, Ky Kiske fathers a child with a Gear woman and becomes a puppet king of the UN. Sol takes care of Ky's son.

GG2: Valentine sublimated the Gears in Ky's kingdom and was searching for the Key. It turns out the Key is Ky's wife and the reproduction of Justice. A nation full of peaceful, independent Gears is revealed. Ky defends his kingdom but has bad relationships with his son, Sin. Valentine takes Sin as he has the cells of his mother, Sol rescues him and sees That Man again after 100+ years, he fight him and loses. Sol defeats Valentine then learns afterwards that she's copy of his dead lover, Aria, one of the three scientists of the Gear project.