Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

I MIGHT be forgetting something but I was under the impression that 

her unsealing was temporary.

I don't recall anything like that. I think everything is fine now.

Also did anyone else notice that both of Dizzy's wings have covers on them. Arc's sneaky way of, whenever she gets playable, her wing colors won't be swapping whenever she turns around? Note: she still has the same yellow bow on her tail.

I'd love to see some of those lore/history entries in the menu since I heard that fills a lot of gaps in. What are the Opus, anyway?

Dizzy already had that design in Vastedge, I doubt it was for screen flip reasons due to Sin's eye patch does that already in the game.

Only thing I really hated about the Story Mode was...

...the injustice to Justice's design in Xrd. No crotch spike 0/10 see me after class. She looks like what her child would be if she fucked an iPod, I WANT HER OLD DESIGN BACK.

Is the rivalry between Sol and Ky finally done with? I know they fight during arcade but it was more like a little scrap between buddies rather than foes like before. It's kind of weird for me to imagine them acting all friendly for some reason lol. Though I don't know I haven't seen story mode yet.

During the trailer there is a cut scene I think with Sol running with flames shooting from the back, what's going on there?

Only thing I really hated about the Story Mode was...

...the injustice to Justice's design in Xrd. No crotch spike 0/10 see me after class. She looks like what her child would be if she fucked an iPod, I WANT HER OLD DESIGN BACK.

I think it has a basis is in old designs.

It looks similar to her ending screen art from Slash which has her armor falling off her. And the eye shoulders were from her gamma ray concepts from GG1.

She still needs a downsize and her lovely hair back.

I now fully expect a cute girl Aria with Justice's old move set as a boss in one of later Xrd versions. This seems to be what the Valentines are pretty much like. Because Sol can never truly save/escape his monster girlfriend.

Is the rivalry between Sol and Ky finally done with? I know they fight during arcade but it was more like a little scrap between buddies rather than foes like before. It's kind of weird for me to imagine them acting all friendly for some reason lol. Though I don't know I haven't seen story mode yet.

In accordance to GG2, they're pretty much friendly rivals. They've reached a sort of camaraderie with each other but will still scrap when it's warranted.

In accordance to GG2, they're pretty much friendly rivals. They've reached a sort of camaraderie with each other but will still scrap when it's warranted.

I haven't played GG2 (never owned a 360), but from what I've heard, they still don't see eye to eye on pretty much everything.

Rivalry is still very much there, but maybe it's not as intense as it was to start.

Finally beat the story mode, I'm shocked, it was simply amazing, the pace, how well the story was told, no much BS, filler or making it complicated for the sake of it, but still a deep story. A million thanks to ASW for keeping the library in english, there is so much info there.

What did I-No do in the story? I love that character but I'm not expecting a lot of screentime.

I haven't played GG2 (never owned a 360), but from what I've heard, they still don't see eye to eye on pretty much everything.

Rivalry is still very much there, but maybe it's not as intense as it was to start.

Yeah, maybe I took it way too lightly. We all know why he would so much as have Sin in his care anyway. Though I feel some camaraderie is still there, as much as Sol doesn't want to show it.

What did I-No do in the story? I love that character but I'm not expecting a lot of screentime.

Iirc she brought Axl to That Man, had some snarky remarks and that was about it.

Mind is still blown about the quality of the story mode so I might've forgotten something.

Edit:

I really enjoyed the entire "Giant Robo mixed with modern shounen" vibe everything has and the overall polishedness of the whole picture.

Also loved Gabriel's character/voice/display of power, but he didn't really seem *that* strong, even though I kinda envisioned him to be Slayer-tier in terms of power.

Keep on trucking, ArcSys! 

Speaking of Slayer, I didn't really like how he went out of character in the chapters he appeared in and he seemed to have had some bad cases of PIS.

Kinda expected him to just OHKO Bedman and be done with it

because of his implied power in #R and ^Core. I hope we get to see the scope of Slayer's real (canonically accurate) power in one of the next iterations of Xrd, since Faust has now also shown that his game mechanics (door teleportation) aren't just herr-derr game mechanics, but stuff he can actually do. (Canon usage of All Dead anyone? Implied by Sol in either #R or ^C in a branch right after you IK Potemkin, but I'd like to see it for realsies.) 

On the other hand I can totally understand that you kinda have to restrict his character in some ways otherwise Xrd's story mode would've been a parody of One Punch Man. 

Edit #2

Linebreaks after spoilers? Oh god, help. 

That Man and Slayer getting beat by Bedman is unforgivable. Johnny and Leo should have been weaker than those two, but hey it's Ishi's story, not mine.

That Man and Slayer getting beat by Bedman is unforgivable. Johnny and Leo should have been weaker than those two, but hey it's Ishi's story, not mine.

I can somewhat forgive johnny and leo standing a chance againest bedman because they figured out a weakness to exploit, but i can't forgive the way slayer just got disrespected.

Out of curiosity, what does That Man look like in this game? Just curious whether they used his Overture, Vastedge or old design, or if they came up with something new.

He uses the Overture look, except now he practically looks like a child. He's THAT small. The Unreal Engine also lets you see a shadow of the lower portions of his face underneath the hood.

In flashbacks, he looks exactly the same as that one piece of artwork that depicts him, Frederick, and Aria in the Overture Material Collection. White hair, shadowed-out eyes.

He uses the Overture look, except now he practically looks like a child. He's THAT small. The Unreal Engine also lets you see a shadow of the lower portions of his face underneath the hood.

In flashbacks, he looks exactly the same as that one piece of artwork that depicts him, Frederick, and Aria in the Overture Material Collection. White hair, shadowed-out eyes.

Oh that's interesting. I was wondering if he was going to make an appearance, considering there hasn't been much talk about his presence in the game, but what would a GG game be without That Man?

They've also been showing his face more and more, at least for his "younger" appearances, but I hope it never goes beyond that, it's much more interesting if you know next to nothing about him.

Anyone getting a

Sol x Elphelt vibe in the later parts? She seems to be the second Valentine to resemble Aria

Well he wouldn't have given a damn if she didn't resemble Aria (except Valentine)

What are the Opus, anyway?

Created under the orders of Sanctus Maximus Populi, developed in Illyria, deployed all around the world, living weapons created with gear cells. The Conclaved wanted to control them using Justice.

About Ariels.

Is just me or her outfit looks very similar that the one That Man uses. Is she Aria?.

So remember the scene where Sol mentions the plot of Vastedge? About how the Conclave were super protective of the Sacred Treasures?

He theorizes that the Conclave are somehow afraid of the Treasures. I still don't get what he's getting at. Does anyone else here do?

Anyone getting a

Sol x Elphelt vibe in the later parts? She seems to be the second Valentine to resemble Aria

Well after reading all the stuff that happens towards the end.

I agree with you, seriously Sol needs a love interest in this game to mellow his ass out. I doubt Aria will end up with him giving all the shit that's happened. But what I find kind of weird is that the Valentine from Overture looked even more like Aria but he didn't really go all out for her. It's like he didn't care who she was and just wanted to know where she came from and who was giving her orders.

About Ariels.

Is just me or her outfit looks very similar that the one That Man uses. Is she Aria?.

This may be far out but

I think Ariels & Libraria are more covert Valentines. Just look at their names.

And that Aria's soul is being used by The Universal Will which, if I read correctly, some how infested Aria/Justice and caused her to go berserk in the in the first place causing an Izanami/Saya situation. Valentines are just Daisuke's version of the murakumo girls.