Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

danceljoy

Guilty Gear Xrd Story Thread

Doesn't Bedman refer to Ariel as the "Mother," abet indirectly?

Also, anyone notice the "I'M FALLING!"  From when the castle started to fall?

If they bring Aria back, I want her to be in Gear form.  Then Mr. Virgin Sol can finally get the tail he needs.

Just got through story mode and I have to say it was pretty good, not once did I feel bored or felt like rushing through it.

Man all of the Aria scenes were depressing, I felt really bad for her and Sol. Although,That Man said that he was going to save Aria, does that mean that she's still alive? Or did he just mean Justice's body. Because if there is a chance that Aria is still alive then we might get a happy ending for Sol.

I was hoping for Sol and Dizzy to interact since I don't really know what their relationship to each other is like, Ky seems to suggest that Dizzy is cool with him but I have no idea. Maybe they interacted in Vastedge? Although Ky did bring up some good points as to why he saved Dizzy and cared for Sin if he plans to kill all gears.

Final thing What is this whole Sol awakening thing supposed to be? Do they mean him going full blown gear or something?

so many questions I have and we wont see another game for another 3 years or so... T_____T

Doesn't Bedman refer to Ariel as the "Mother," abet indirectly?

My thoughts about that:

I bet Ariels & Libraria are covert Valentines that are in direct contact with The Universal Will (the being also known as "Mother")

The Universal Will currently has no physical form, but did attempt to create its own during Justice's activation but was stopped by That Man at great cost.

Since that event it seems to prefer to make forms based on Aria and use them as agents rather than act directly.

nahhh i doubt 3 years i say 1 or 2 cause this type of animation and gameplay Arc's plans to stick with it this for now they just gonna add new chars and do new updates to test out before a sequel is made since their is a lot of characters missing and not playable in some way it kinda felt like the game was rushed to the systems

Final thing What is this whole Sol awakening thing supposed to be? Do they mean him going full blown gear or something?

They're probably referring to his Dragon Install.

Funnily enough, I hardly recall a time where Sol canonically uses the Dragon Install aside from fighting That Man in Overture, implying it's something he hardly ever uses. That Man and Raven also imply that it's "encroaching", which if I'm not wrong, indicates his Dragon Install growing stronger, or possibly growing more uncontrollable.

We don't have all the pieces of the puzzle yet, but it's safe to say that whatever Ariels and the Universal Will have planned, Sol's a BIG part of it.

How did Justice become so big + why is it so organic compared to how she was more mechanical before...?

I think it's a retcon. Millia's arcade win quote VS Potemkin is "Are you a robot now?", meaning that it was actually a change that the cast acknowledged. When everyone saw Justice, nobody commented on her size and that President guy even said "She's just as I remember her from that day!" or something like that.

I think it's a retcon. Millia's arcade win quote VS Potemkin is "Are you a robot now?", meaning that it was actually a change that the cast acknowledged. When everyone saw Justice, nobody commented on her size and that President guy even said "She's just as I remember her from that day!" or something like that.

A lot of other winquotes against Pot follow the lines of "You're such a scary robot... wait, you're human?", so this is just an attempt at a running joke or something. Potemkin is as human as always.

My thoughts about that:

I bet Ariels & Libraria are covert Valentines that are in direct contact with The Universal Will (the being also known as "Mother")

The Universal Will currently has no physical form, but did attempt to create its own during Justice's activation but was stopped by That Man at great cost.

Since that event it seems to prefer to make forms based on Aria and use them as agents rather than act directly.

Libraria?  Where did you get that one from?  And While Ariel could be a Valentine, I have one problem with that: It would mean she likely predated the original Valentine, which feels a bit too convenient to introduce now.  I think she'll end up being like the imperator from Blazblue; later down the line she'll reveal herself as the real villain and attack.

A lot of other winquotes against Pot follow the lines of "You're such a scary robot... wait, you're human?", so this is just an attempt at a running joke or something. Potemkin is as human as always.

Yeah, I know, but it's a change that seems to be acknowledged in-universe. I mean, sure, they aren't commenting on different outfits of all characters (I'm guessing it's not -that- big of a deal that Axl's wearing shorts again or Millia has a hat), but based on the other dialog in the game, I'd just kind of expect the characters to point out Justice's size (or lack of size if you count the crotch-spike removal). It feels like a retcon to me, but I could just as easily be wrong.

Yeah, I know, but it's a change that seems to be acknowledged in-universe. I mean, sure, they aren't commenting on different outfits of all characters (I'm guessing it's not -that- big of a deal that Axl's wearing shorts again or Millia has a hat), but based on the other dialog in the game, I'd just kind of expect the characters to point out Justice's size (or lack of size if you count the crotch-spike removal). It feels like a retcon to me, but I could just as easily be wrong.

It could be that Justice really didn't look like Mecha Justice until she was revived in GG1. Though, IIRC Kliff and I think Order Sol fight Justice in their AC+ story modes which are set in the past...maybe Mecha Justice is just from a different timeline.

Libraria?  Where did you get that one from?

Just a random guess. She's got "aria" in her name after all.

As for Justice, I think the Conclave upsized Justice's body to make her pilotable.

Or Daisuke just wanted to go totally in on the NGE references after years of giving her EVA alternate colors.

Giant Justice could just be another form that Justice had in the past during the Crusades but she uses the combat mech-like form most often?

Original Valentine had like, 3 forms after all with the 2nd one being the most mechJustice-like.

Just got through story mode and I have to say it was pretty good, not once did I feel bored or felt like rushing through it.

Man all of the Aria scenes were depressing, I felt really bad for her and Sol. Although,That Man said that he was going to save Aria, does that mean that she's still alive? Or did he just mean Justice's body. Because if there is a chance that Aria is still alive then we might get a happy ending for Sol.

I was hoping for Sol and Dizzy to interact since I don't really know what their relationship to each other is like, Ky seems to suggest that Dizzy is cool with him but I have no idea. Maybe they interacted in Vastedge? Although Ky did bring up some good points as to why he saved Dizzy and cared for Sin if he plans to kill all gears.

so many questions I have and we wont see another game for another 3 years or so... T_____T

About the end of Overture That Man said "Aria... Will not wait any longer. Frederick, you or I shall carry on, the work of the devil", I think it probably means that Aria must be somewhere in the Backyard with a way similar to Mother, only her "will" still remains there while her body that was Justice was probably manipulated by someone else. In the Drama CD Sol said to Dizzy that unlike Justice, she should have a free soul and in the hypothetical ending in which he dies at the hands of Dizzy he also said something similar, then after learning this we do know the reason why he wants to kill all the Gears, and that's because he believes, or at least he believed so until he found Dizzy, that all the Gears like Justice doesn't have a real free will on their own.

So yeah, most people are with the Sol being Dizzy's father just because he spared her life, but the same happened with Solara actually.

Sol's awakening probably has to do with his true Gear form, the Dragon Install, and also the Giant that I-No mentions in her Arcade Mode. I think I already said in some of the previous pages my thoughts about that, which are still only thoughts since nothing really happened in that regard.

On the other hand, the win quotes of Ky and Bedman to I-No are quite interesting "I've no quarrel with you. What in the world are you?" "We haven't been able to figure out your TRUE FORM, I don't really care what makes you special but if you bla,bla,bla,...", not sure if someone else says something similar since I don't have the game yet, funny enough Ky doesn't seem to treat her as a human anymore.

About the end of Overture That Man said "Aria... Will not wait any longer. Frederick, you or I shall carry on, the work of the devil", I think it probably means that Aria must be somewhere in the Backyard with a way similar to Mother, only her "will" still remains there while her body that was Justice was probably manipulated by someone else. In the Drama CD Sol said to Dizzy that unlike Justice, she should have a free soul and in the hypothetical ending in which he dies at the hands of Dizzy he also said something similar, then after learning this we do know the reason why he wants to kill all the Gears, and that's because he believes, or at least he believed so until he found Dizzy, that all the Gears like Justice doesn't have a real free will on their own.

So yeah, most people are with the Sol being Dizzy's father just because he spared her life, but the same happened with Solara actually.

Ky made a big deal in Xrd as to why Sol cares about Dizzy and Sin if he's just going to kill all the gears like he says he's going to do. Sol just stays silent so you know something is up as to why he feels something for Dizzy and Sin.

Although I found it kind of touching when he said that Him(Ky), Sin, and Dizzy will wait for Sol to come home when its all over. But the whole lonely bounty hunter angle really got me in the heart. Reminded me when Aria tells Sol that she doesn't want him to be alone after she dies.

I was watching a random stream and saw a player reading the Library and here's some more things I saw:

- The pseudo-Gear Opus units are manufactured under the orders of Ariels at a location called "Frasco II". Yeah, we got A.B.A references. It is run by the founder of the Post-War Administration Bureau, Leon Mining, and Dr. Repro Crowley. The Lab also may have connections to the Robo-Ky project.

- The Post-War Administration Bureau's original purpose was to care for veterans who survived the Crusades and help them reintegrate into society. Of course, they're just an arm of the Conclave.

- Testament's succubus is named, almost too obviously, "Exebeast". So, I guess she's the floor monster too?

- Dizzy is still considered a part of the Jellyfish Pirate crew, but is listed officially as "on leave".

- Eddie, like Zato, is much more calm now. Perhaps due to the resurrection process.

- Robo-Ky's power source is that beetle seen in some of his sprites. It's called the Hercules Engine (or Heracles Engine since that's its name in Isuka's Factory mode.)

So, there's some interesting stuff in there.

I want to see more Valentines just to see the variety of hats Mother can make 

99cd10cf7e247b08b853f8f7e600e7d3.jpg

You might want to host that picture elsewhere.

Finished story mode yesterday, my favorite part of it is certainly Faust playing detective in the background. If the next game is going to have more of that, I can't wait for it.

The only plot hole that confused me is Justice's shape, but it's already been pointed out that she might have several different forms. It might even be that her armored form is a result of her being imprisoned. You know, like a cage rather than actual armor.

You might want to host that picture elsewhere.

Finished story mode yesterday, my favorite part of it is certainly Faust playing detective in the background. If the next game is going to have more of that, I can't wait for it.

The only plot hole that confused me is Justice's shape, but it's already been pointed out that she might have several different forms. It might even be that her armored form is a result of her being imprisoned. You know, like a cage rather than actual armor.

Library mode mentions that they made an exoskeleton for her during the weapons development program.  That, and what kind of prison fires missiles and has rocket boosters?

Well after reading all the stuff that happens towards the end.

I agree with you, seriously Sol needs a love interest in this game to mellow his ass out. I doubt Aria will end up with him giving all the shit that's happened. But what I find kind of weird is that the Valentine from Overture looked even more like Aria but he didn't really go all out for her. It's like he didn't care who she was and just wanted to know where she came from and who was giving her orders.

I mean to be fair, her looking too much like Aria might've had the opposite effect. Keep in mind he killed Justice who is basically confirmed to be Aria at this point, though how she actually reaches the point of the Crusades along with what role Mother/The Universal Will had is still up in the air. Also Overture Valentine didn't even show emotions until right before the "final battle", and even then her emotions were things like anger, frustration, etc. There really wasn't much room to negotiate at that point.

Biggest surprise of story mode was obviously the Ky reveal. I wonder when he picked up Gear cells? I see that some people seem to be theorizing that it's something he picked up from shagging Dizzy, but if that were the case wouldn't he have been a legitimate target for Valentine in Overture as well rather than just Sin? At the very least at least the bright side of all this is that if he's got gear cells in him he doesn't have to worry about aging past Dizzy and Sin anymore. Honestly though I wouldn't be surprised if it's something he did to himself for the purpose of strengthening himself after the events of Overture (I wonder how Sol will react?). I don't recall Justice detecting Ky as a gear during the events of GG1 or its subsequent retelling in AC, so I feel relatively safe in assuming that it's a recent development for him.

Biggest surprise of story mode was obviously the Ky reveal. I wonder when he picked up Gear cells? I see that some people seem to be theorizing that it's something he picked up from shagging Dizzy, but if that were the case wouldn't he have been a legitimate target for Valentine in Overture as well rather than just Sin?

I highly doubt Valentine would've picked up Ky's Gear "scent," in a matter of speaking, seeing as he "concealed" his red eye from showing,

[Edit: which btw I'm still not believing]. He was already a threat to Valentine seeing as she failed to breach Illyria to get to Dizzy. And even if she did pick up his scent, I doubt she'd care. There's a difference between a half-Gear composed of Aria's genes and a human with blemished Gear-parts/genes. The typical antagonist thought process would be to see that as a faker or thief, and to be honest, that could just be the case with Ky. So he survived a gunshot, it doesn't mean we know how much stronger he is.

If I recall...

There was a whole period of time before Overture (when Sin was a toddler) where Ky was walking around with an eyepatch. With recent developments, we would presume this to mean he was hiding his single red eye then, leading to the conclusion that he had himself experimented on before Overture. With that in mind, Tsuki's post above would help explain why Valentine didn't target him during Baptisma 13.

On the other hand...

Elphelt did find Ky based on him being a Gear. The Library 100% confirms her power to find people is limited to Gears. We can assume she was given this power to find Sol (or Sin, which in turn means finding Sol anyway), and her finding Ky was an unexpected turn of events. This doesn't explain how Valentine was unable to recognize Gear cells in him, perhaps the process was just incomplete then?

On the other hand...

Elphelt did find Ky based on him being a Gear. The Library 100% confirms her power to find people is limited to Gears. We can assume she was given this power to find Sol (or Sin, which in turn means finding Sol anyway), and her finding Ky was an unexpected turn of events. This doesn't explain how Valentine was unable to recognize Gear cells in him, perhaps the process was just incomplete then?

In that case, it's just inconsistency in the writing. Elphet might just have a better sonar function than Valentine to discover Ky has a bit of Gear in him, but I doubt that will be detailed. But back to Ky, the story about the eyepatch was talked about a few pages back. One user brought up a "what if" scenario that Ky surgically took Sin's right eye, likely the red eye, and implanted it to his left socket,

which contributed to why I still don't believe he was able to conceal it without an eyepatch. If we stuck with the idea that the red eye was something Ky got himself, maybe a surgical procedure to hide would have been better to believe...but then why does Sin have an eyepatch? I don't feel these two subtheories will be able to confirm each other without a contradiction.

I always just assumed Sin wore an eyepatch cause he's half (quater? What is it now, really?) Gear, so one of his eyes might be a telltale sign of a Gear. Guess we'll just have to wait untill they explain it or plain show us what's there.