Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SteelCoil

[P4U2] Labrys - Speculation and Discussion Thread

I can't... figure out what he meant by half that stuff.

Labrys has aerial Tager buster!? :v:

Sorta wish he had more detail on the bubble, though.

I have no idea what they're talking about with the Tager thing. Maybe the Labrys was fighting agaisnt Akihiko and they got confused who was getting pulled towards who?

I figured that the new projectile would be slow. Now the real question is whether it's "Sonic Boom that I can use to approach" slow or "Snail speed that will control some space" slow. Right now, I'm guessing it's more the latter though I'm sure with time and experimentation, it'll also lead to some interesting combos as well if the start up isn't too long. Hmmmm, yup, I also wish they had more details for this move ;.;

it's possible Hojuu on hit just has a slight vaccuum effect on it similar to Tsurugi does on hit/block. though if it was strong enough to make her think it's like Tager's then PERHAPS Hojuu is actually a homing j.C? lol now that'd be some real shit.

Yea.... it's not the best but as least he mentions Houjuu being a slow projectile. Probably is really similar to Testament 236P. But the question is does it just go straight or at a trajectory

I'd guess that if it moves at all, it'd move in a trajectory. Can't think of a single bubble-type projectile in ASW games that sticks to moving only vertically or horizontally. At worst, I'd expect an angled movement.

That said, I'd be okay with a vertical or horizontal bubble on the grounds of it forcing movement and taking up an annoying section of the screen.

I still can't figure out how the Tager reference works... unless Labrys, like, sucks in air to form the bubble from, lol.

im guessing some move with vacuum effect. but who knows.

i would love for the bubble to move like q-bees bubble if i had to pick a path for it to move. i see that covering a lot of stuff that allows approach and huge punish for reckless movement

So according to the early loctest #2 translation notes, they changed it so our axe level no longer carries over to the next around. Discuss!

Personally, I'm indifferent about the change since it was always easy to lose axe level and I always played in a way where I was pretty liberal about spending the axe meter. Not being able to hold the button to delay Tsurugi though is a bit of an odd change.

if i can burn red axe every single round, to always begin in green, im all for that change

I doubt these are her final changes, since ASW tends to buff and nerf stuff quite liberally during loketests. The nerf on tsurugi-hold is pretty random, though, I have to admit.

I doubt these are her final changes, since ASW tends to buff and nerf stuff quite liberally during loketests. The nerf on tsurugi-hold is pretty random, though, I have to admit.

With loketests it usually never is especially with ASW, she could be completely different again in the final game. A lot of people forgot these events are TESTS. As far as her changes ago I'm not too fond of the nerf on Tsurugi-Hold either ... hopefully it's not reflective on the final build but it was a bit of a weird nerf especially since it's one of the "fun" aspects I loved about playing Labrys.

if i can burn red axe every single round, to always begin in green, im all for that change

Actually, we start in blue axe now so it's not quite as good as it sounds at first glance. One thing this change does have me curious about though is whether you start with blue axe but are still always gravitating towards green axe or you start with blue axe and gravitate towards blue axe.

I doubt these are her final changes, since ASW tends to buff and nerf stuff quite liberally during loketests. .

True but from what I've witnessed of previous loketests, changes like these that are more of a change to the character's playstyle usually tend to stick. Personally, I think it's more likely that they'll do additional changes to complement/supplement the change to her axe carry over than revert it but that's just me.

Last I heard, we still gravitate towards green axe level, but I don't know how reliable that information is.

As for what changes stick and what changes don't, I suppose it's just a matter of waiting and seeing. It really boils down to whether they think Labrys is too strong or weak during a given loketest (or if anyone finds broken tech with her). I'll be playing her anyway, so I'm not really concerned with anything.

Looking over some of the new loketest change notes. lol, I love how Purepure is describing stuff as cute. Glad j2b has long untech time. I'm hoping Air Guillotine not comboing into D or SB Beast is just an issue with timing. If it's true though, I can see this change staying. Being able to do SB Gear > Dash up [5B] is interesting. Hopefully, this means there's more than enough time to dash up and do a mix up if you catch them with this on block. The size of her new bubble move changing based on a C, D or SB input was unexpected. I hope we get a screenshot or video of the C version eventually. I want to see how small it is.

As for what changes stick and what changes don't, I suppose it's just a matter of waiting and seeing. It really boils down to whether they think Labrys is too strong or weak during a given loketest (or if anyone finds broken tech with her). I'll be playing her anyway, so I'm not really concerned with anything.

Thanks for the info. Also very true. I'm in the same boat as you. I'll be playing Labrys regardless of how she turns outs

the patch notes made me have a good chuckle, but im hopeful

i think shadow regular labby chan aka shadow channnn aka s business labby channnn aka the truth will be the way i go.

i wanna combo all the tsurugis into each other with 5b like a fucking shitlord

Loketest #3 changes found so far from Omex's google doc.

- 22A/B/whatever oki still is not chargable

- sb red axe did 3050 vs awakened opponent

- Axe Gauge carries over between rounds

- 5AAA > AoA worked on Yellow

Nothing much yet but this one might last a week so hopefully we'll learn all sorts of things, preferably about the new bubble move ^,^

I think the only really bad there is no more hold tsurugi oki, that still sucks (And no guillotine in Moujuu but Im sure she'll have a new combo route for it). Pretty much limited to the 3 basic throw/overhead/low options now. Which isn't terrible but Im going to miss the holding option. Still wondering on this ball move and exactly how long its active after she releases it. And how long said recovery is. If the recovery is fast and its active for awhile, it could help with her approaches in neutral. Which we all know is one thing she really needs. I remember notes saying that A was smallish, B was medium size, and SB was massive.

I'm also glad combo into AoA still works. 5D oki is still possible and maybe bubble oki will be effective too. I really like the changes they've given her so far. Seems like their actually giving her things she actually needed. Have to see what her FC recovery moves are though

I'm also very interested in hearing about that sort of info for the new bubble move. So far nothing yet though.

Anywho, more Stuff

- Sweep guillotine axe super whiffs entirely

- C axe super combos from air guillotine, sweep

- Red axe lasts a long time (no idea if longer or not than current)

- 5AA > 2B Comboed

- Tsurugi hit duration (the net trapping… thing. yeah.) seems like it may have been lengthened

- ombした時点でラビリスにH5Bチェーンが入らない事に気づく金切符

- New move projectile goes away if Labrys gets hit

- j.2b is longer than mitsuru j.a

- midscreen red axe FC confirm > j.2b loop possible

- j.2b startup is slower, sb axe damage is lessened for sure

- Chain knuckle followups barring EX are garbage

- 2D dash cancel

- 5B backdash cancel is… still in? i might have mistranslated

I think the most interesting bullet point here is that Red Axe lasts longer. Doesn't say in what way it lasts longer and how much it lasts but I wonder if ASW is playing around with making higher axe levels, more resistant to losing their level from both the passage of time and hits. hmmm, Going to need more data to prove this theory. Longer hit duration on Tsurugi might open up more combo routes. Also, hooray for j2B loops on FC, lol. That's going to look cool. Chain Knuckle stuff is disappointing. I was hoping they'd become more useful but I guess you can't win them all.

No mention of FC recovery moves yet.

- Sweep guillotine axe super whiffs entirely

Still sucks. But looks like she can do it from the air. And with 5AA > 2B gatling existing and comboing now Moujuu will probably still be an easy thing to combo into. Maybe. Air ender Moujuu was a pain in the ass to land in most cases. Id usually be holding my breathe when I do it praying netplay wont make it whiff. But shouldnt Guillotine work anyway now that I think about it. I mean, 5AAAA is still Guillotine from what I know and of course she has to be able to combo from it into super for her auto combo. Maybe Sweep > 214A/B just doesnt work... for some odd reason. Confusing.

- Red axe lasts a long time (no idea if longer or not than current)

Praying this is true and makes it into the final game

- Tsurugi hit duration (the net trapping… thing. yeah.) seems like it may have been lengthened

Take away hold tsurugi to.... make it easier to confirm from the already 2 years the move gives us to confirm? Ok I guess. Or maybe this means the actual tsurugi stays out longer

- New move projectile goes away if Labrys gets hit

Expected that. Wonder if SB version goes away when shes hit.

- midscreen red axe FC confirm > j.2b loop possible

Cant even imagine how this looks. Probably hype as hell though

- j.2b startup is slower, sb axe damage is lessened for sure

So it has longer range than Mitsuru j.A but its slower than the already slow j.BB. Or do they mean its slower compared to the earlier loktests. Dont think it was said if j.2B was faster or the same speed as the current j.BB. I know they share the same animation. Iffy about this though. Have to see it in practice first. Might be a good air to air, but with j.B being faster now who knows.

- Chain knuckle followups barring EX are garbage

In combos or pressure though. Maybe the P2's got nerfed.

- 2D dash cancel

Hmm. Probably a typo. Only two things I can think what the person meant were either 2C or 5D. 2C dash cancel would be weird as hell. While 5D dash cancel would actually be very interesting. If it's not a typo, well then.... shit. The hell are they talking about then.

Need video footage.

I think the changes are pretty interesting overall.

I like the new j.2B normal which helps her air to air neutral game.

She does have a 2D now but it got discovered after the end of loketest #2.

Hojuu might silence the opponent for 5s or silence Labrys(probably the other way around)

I'm more concerned about combo routes atm but we'll have to wait until P4C comes out at the end of year.

I hope Hojuu can be used for corner oki somehow.

Loketest ends on the 20th so more info should pop up.

Why two different inputs if its the same move though. D > dash cancel > D stuff is cool though. But unless they improved the amount of blockstun the first arrows place you in, theyll probably be able to DP or 5/2A before the second set of arrows come in and while your in dash recovery.

Hm. Thought for a second, and I guess I just answered my own question. The oki setup I created for 5D involves a microdash 5A after 5D to keep them in a gapless blockstring for the incoming DD arrows. Then I thought, holy crap dash cancel might come out now. Then I thought no wait... That's 2D not 5D. So 5D will be like normal and 2D will grant a dash cancel. Well the more options the better I guess.

- Chie specific combos confirmed working at blueaxe

- sb axe more comboable than… previous loketest or so? comboed off air guillotine on FC start

- omb > air guillotine

- safe bet FC start combos with 75 meter will be 6k minimum if you spend axe meter

How come those Chie combos are working in blue axe. Thats odd.

6k punish combos well bring pretty much anyone in the cast near death, even at full health. Ho boy