Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Follow the rules. :eng101:

Nov. 28 Edit: With the release of the game, please do not forget to regularly check and use the video thread located here!

Edited by Omex

So Junpei and Yukari are going to be out... Should we talk about how they would play like?

Yukari already looks like a zoner. Let's just hope she starts out much better than Yukiko did.

Edited by Jyosua

Yukari already looks like a zoner. Let's just hope she starts out much better than Yukari did.

I'll assume you mean Yukiko here.

Junpei I can't really judge at the moment. Who the hell knows, maybe he'll have Kagura's playstyle from CP.

I'll assume you mean Yukiko here.

Junpei I can't really judge at the moment. Who the hell knows, maybe he'll have Kagura's playstyle from CP.

All I know is that there are going to be homeruns and lots of damage from Junpei, probably. He could be a rushdown character or a heavy hitter.

Looks like I might have to get back into this game again. Hope they tone down some of the crazy stuff in the original, and I'll be fine. Different amount of cards for each character is nice. It's like guard primers, expect better since losing cards would be more of my fault.

having different amount of persona cards is both interesting and speculative. inherently having more cards that someone else sounds like a potentially huge boon, particularly for a glass tank like liz.

I think Junpei will be one of those heavy rushdown characters like Bang and Valkenhayn, who deals extreme amounts of damage with high priority normals, but he'll lack defensive options without meter.

On the character select screen: The bottom row is Persona 3 characters (plus the Labryses, who are somewhat related to Persona 3, and random) while the top row is Persona 4 characters. Assuming the remaining two slots get filled, they'll likely be filled with Persona 4 characters (or characters related to Persona 4 characters).

Inb4 Marie and/or Adachi.

Akihiko's Cyclone level goes up to level 5 now

Kanji's 5C paralyzes the opp

Yukiko has a new move and a new super which is lv6 only (wtf)

Characters have different amounts of persona cards, Akihiko has 2, Yukiko 5, Yukari has 4 and Elizabeth has 7!!

I did just notice in the loketest screenshots one of Junpei's supers has a baseball diamond and Balls/Strikes/Outs counter at the bottom. Might just be aesthetics but it could play into his actual gameplay.

The screenshot in particular I'm referring to: http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/038/325/520d7c077c41f.html

They could always add Ken Amada, Koromaru, or an original character like Labrys to fill the remaining slots.

I'd be thrilled if they some how revived the protagonist of Persona 3 with Orpheous!

Looks like the baseball graphic is in every screenshot of Junpei gameplay, so it definitely looks like it'll be his gameplay gimmick. Ideas on what it'll do?

I did just notice in the loketest screenshots one of Junpei's supers has a baseball diamond and Balls/Strikes/Outs counter at the bottom. Might just be aesthetics but it could play into his actual gameplay.

The screenshot in particular I'm referring to: http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/038/325/520d7c077c41f.html

No It's in his other screenshots as well. Looks like its his "mechanic"

5C paralyzes opponents now. :yaaay:

Now I'm actually scared. I wonder what Yosuke gets? I hope his glide stays.

Yukiko has a new move and a new super.

Okay, so I think it's safe to assume that Liz will have new stuff. Yay ~

I wonder what they'll do with Naoto... They could easily make her stronger, or break her completely! (Again, I'm expecting the SMP Loop to be eliminated.)

I wonder what they'll do with Naoto... They could easily make her stronger, or break her completely! (Again, I'm expecting the SMP Loop to be eliminated.)

I'd imagine they'll buff other aspects of her since SMP loop is, like you said, likely eliminated. Maybe traps that'll do more damage or something.