Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Yeah but it also could have been shadow Chie or Shadow Yosuke doing combos like that. Even shadow Kanji has good shadow combos. I was saying Elizabeth's instakill is actually viable against shadow characters as a whole. That shadow Mitsuru could have opened up any character just like Damosu got opened up. Yeah Elizabeth is C tier, but she can still have like 1 or two pros in the myriad of cons. 

What exactly makes her instant kill viable against them as opposed to regular characters?  Is it the damage nerf and threat of shadow rampage?

Lack of burst, meaning that they can't burst out of her Hama combos.

Edit: To go into it further, she'd have to deal with the burst first against regular characters before going for it, particularly since some routes need forced awakening, too. With the resource investment (meter, health, possibly burst) needed to go into it, Liz would be left in a pretty bad way if the opponent bursted out.

Yeah but it also could have been shadow Chie or Shadow Yosuke doing combos like that. Even shadow Kanji has good shadow combos. I was saying Elizabeth's instakill is actually viable against shadow characters as a whole. That shadow Mitsuru could have opened up any character just like Damosu got opened up. Yeah Elizabeth is C tier, but she can still have like 1 or two pros in the myriad of cons. 

I'm not entirely sure how viable it is. It's perhaps as viable as the previous Hama combos Elizabeth had in P4A. I don't think the combo itself is practical at a high level.

Burst is the only thing inconsistent I believe, since she can prioritize gaining meter over doing damage in matches. Once she has over 75 heat or enough health to convert into 125 heat, she can do the combo. I think damosu did this particular combo starting with 5a, so learning the combo should be the easy part. Burst of course is required.

Looks like she can kill a shadow character every other round if she does it this way. That is potent stuff.

I think he did a burstless version of that combo in the corner. Midscreen needs the burst and the meter. The worrying part is that he does need the burst for midscreen (though who knows if he's perfected the tech by now to not need a burst midscreen) and Elizabeth's defense tanks because of it. I think it would make a good finisher. If you do it the first round, you sacrifice the next round.

But if the option is there take it. I do that with all my Mabufudyne combos online and I nail it 60% of the time.

Ok, sorry for the stupid question in advance (and sorry if this is the wrong section/thread), but I digitally preordered P4U2 and i'm having trouble downloading it right now. No error code or anything has showed up, but it's not being downloaded on to my system early like it's supposed to. And before anyone asks, yes, I did purchase the game within the actual digital pre-order period, I think it was the 20th, which is well before the cut off date. So, if anyone could provide some sort of assistance, that'd be great

Ok, sorry for the stupid question in advance (and sorry if this is the wrong section/thread), but I digitally preordered P4U2 and i'm having trouble downloading it right now. No error code or anything has showed up, but it's not being downloaded on to my system early like it's supposed to. And before anyone asks, yes, I did purchase the game within the actual digital pre-order period, I think it was the 20th, which is well before the cut off date. So, if anyone could provide some sort of assistance, that'd be great

PSN Store isn't updated as of yet. Give it 2-3 hours, and I think you can pre-load it after that.

Who gave Ludger his voice back?

P4U2 hype, that's who!

I wonder if the boss characters are unlockable or available from the start? Hopefully the latter. Don't want to do SA on a high diffuclty to unlock all of it's stuff.

Still need to get my JPN copy... Or I could gameshare it... Hey, Does Anyone want to gamesh- "slap" Oh? is that aganist the rules to ask someone that.. My Bad Sorry.

:yaaay:

Also that Shadow boxart looks F**king Sexy... And also scary... NOT! 

Here's the link if anyone missed it  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bv4ED2hCIAAPyta.png

Edited by DeltaGamer147

Preloading? How I do that?

If you preordered the game digitally, you can pre download the game before the day it comes out, so you can play the game the moment its the 28th in japan

to do it after preordering (keep in mind that if you havent preordered already this wont be possible) go to the jpn psn store and scroll to the second to the bottom selection on the menu, and find the p4u2 download, and simply download it, it should be the 12gb one with the down arrow next to it

Spoilers and assets everywhere, apparently. Ain't looking into that crap, but apparently the dual audio for the Japanese version of the game might, in fact, be full dual audio, and not just for in-game battle VA.

Spoilers and assets everywhere, apparently. Ain't looking into that crap, but apparently the dual audio for the Japanese version of the game might, in fact, be full dual audio, and not just for in-game battle VA.

Whats your source dude?

notcalling you out but i want to have firm knowledge on whats up

Whats your source dude?

Thirdhand source from here. It's not firm at all, but that's why I said that's how it might be.

Whats your source dude?

The final boss has been shown on tumblr and on other websites. I was so ready to experience the game myself.. at least they didn't spoil the ending..

edit: Never mind.. 

You know what this means, guys.

Stay away from Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, Persona Wiki, the internet, your laptop

Just take a cold shower and pray you will endure the next two days mercifully.

You know what this means, guys.

Stay away from Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, Persona Wiki, the internet, your laptop

Just take a cold shower and pray you will endure the next two days mercifully.

Unless of course you're dying to see gameplay like Challenges, Golden Arena, Score Attack or Network streams. In which case I guess...Twitch? Still, I'd imagine it'd be hard to avoid it regardless of the site.

I've already spoiled myself rotten in the last 3 hours so the above is basically all I care about at this point in time.

So, it is region-free? Hmm...decisions...do I import the game and have it now (I won't have any issues navigating the menus, but setting up titles might be a problem, unless the text can be English too) and still have the story in English voices while hoping Japan gets the characters free for that first week like the US, or do I wait for US release and get the free characters guaranteed + save some money in the process due to not having to import (i'm going to have the game in Japanese voices after finishing story in English, because I hate JYB, but I want to experience the story in English)?

Unless of course you're dying to see gameplay like Challenges, Golden Arena, Score Attack or Network streams. In which case I guess...Twitch? Still, I'd imagine it'd be hard to avoid it regardless of the site.

I've already spoiled myself rotten in the last 3 hours so the above is basically all I care about at this point in time.

Exactly how much did you see besides the final boss? 

For those wishing to experience angry ranting and spoilers like they've never seen before, it's all about to go down right here:

https://boards.4chan.org/vg/thread/78081595

DON'T CLICK ON THAT UNLESS YOU'RE FULLY READY TO HAVE THIS GAME SPOILED. 

I'm lookin' at you, FluxWave.