Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

You can now pick a "shadow" version of EVERY character. Shadow characters can't burst but they do have something called "Shadow Fury" which is done with ABD.

Just to be sure, this is sans Labrys right? Slabs is still her own slot on the character screen. And canonically, there could technically be a Shadow for Shadow Labrys I think.

Just to be sure, this is sans Labrys right? Slabs is still her own slot on the character screen. And canonically, there could technically be a Shadow for Shadow Labrys I think.

The option exists for S.Lab as well, apparently. So she's Shadow Shadow Labrys.

Nevermind, I guess Shadow Shadow Labrys isn't a thing. :(

Edited by syzm

Yeah, but they could've auctioned off the rights to ArcSys or something to carry on the Shin Megami Tensei legacy!

Wait I thought Atlus was kinda bankrupt?

They're being auctioned off at the moment. Although they did say a couple of days ago that their "unannounced titles" are still under development.

Holy fucking shit, this news. There are no words.

I am so fucking hyped for Bropei, the original Bro, before Brosuke. Pretty sure he'll end up being an RTSD character. Baseball system looks pretty interesting.

In other words there being bought out by another company. It happens all the time in business.

In regards to Naoto and her SMP Loop! As long as they increase her damage output and make her Instant Death Supers more practical, I'd be fine to lose the SMP loop because it's rather difficult and not very practical.

I just had the scary thought of Elizabeth being buffed with actual defensive options... And with her Zoning prowess, this would be hell!

In other words there being bought out by another company. It happens all the time in business.

In regards to Naoto and her SMP Loop! As long as they increase her damage output and make her Instant Death Supers more practical, I'd be fine to lose the SMP loop because it's rather difficult and not very practical.

I just had the scary thought of Elizabeth being buffed with actual defensive options... And with her Zoning prowess, this would be hell!

Well, technically speaking they're being sold, not bought, but yea. Atlus isn't bankrupt, the company who owns them (or used to) is, despite Atlus being profitable for them.

Well I'll be damned. I have a reason to put my old P4U back in the ps3 again.

As for wish list...I'll just keep on waiting for characters to keep on getting revealed. I put my money on 5 at least, the roster was kind small in vanilla.

Whoa, I'm surprised. Kind of expected P4A to be a one-off.

And this looks like a full update+rebalance, too. Damn. ArcSys is shoving out games like nothing right now.

So do we know if it's a legit sequel or just a title update? Cause I'm thinking the latter is the more likely one.

I thought it was gonna be the latter, but all these changes makes me think the former

Junpei>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yosuke

I was expecting this, but at the same time ASW had never did an update to a game that wasn't a mainline of theirs, so was thinking just DLC, but I'm very excited for this!

P4A is not dead.

Edited by Sanger Zonvolt

I have to say I like Junpei's and Yukari's redesigns a lot,especially Yukari's. I see two blank spots on the character select screen, I want some villains up in here. Takaya and Adachi plz.

So do we know if it's a legit sequel or just a title update? Cause I'm thinking the latter is the more likely one.

well according to famitsu

【速報】『ペルソナ4 ジ・アルティメット イン マヨナカアリーナ』の続編!

(Quick Announcement) Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena's sequel!

It's a sequel, not an update.

It does sound fairly different mechanically... Deciding factor will likely be whether or not the roster continues to grow.

Although even as it is, I can't see them throwing in any new characters without a story-related explanation being included, and for that to happen the plot would have to advance from the first iteration... Therefore sequel?

...needs more dojima... XD

so they could use there original joke idea of using dojima with his "persona" being nanako

...needs more dojima... XD

I very much approve of this, but it won't happen since he doesn't have a persona.

The addition of Yukari and Junpei, along with the two blank slots, and the Famitsu article's use of 続編/zokuhen, this is definitely going to be a sequel. Which is awesome for those of us who liked the story as well.

So looking forward to this.