Kurushii

[P4AU] News & Gameplay Discussion

Alright after burning through as much match footage as I could find, I gotta ask: why is Chie of all characters suddenly so underused? I mean, I can understand players not bothering with characters like Lizzie (much to my dismay), but Chie is still plenty good last I heard. It isn't like she got the Makoto treatment from ASW or anything, yet it seems wherever I look, someone is riding on Yu, Aigis, Teddie and Kanji bandwagons. Though the last one I can forgive since Kanji is fun and needs more player love anyway.

Don't worry, everyone will start flocking back to Chie when they realize she's still ridiculously good

Quick question, who is the final boss of normal Sho's arcade mode?

Most likely Elizabeth, just like all of the Shadow characters and Persona Sho.

Don't worry, everyone will start flocking back to Chie when they realize she's still ridiculously good

I bet people were mostly scared away from Chie by the loss of the blender oki game. They'll be back for her (seemingly; dunno for sure) ridiculous damage potential.

And wouldn't you know it, more recent vids are seeing her back in action. Still less than in P4A but that hasn't changed how much fun it is to watch Chie play now. Maybe pick her up though Lizzie shall always remain as my favorite unless ATLUS and ASW deem it fit to make the proposed "Mystery Story Character" Makoto Yuuki (P3MC). Call it bias or something, but I always personally identified more with him than I did with Yu during the course of their respective games.

Edited by Luminos564

Recently looked at some Sasashima footage recorded last week. Didn't even know Naoto had a SB gunshot special (from the footage, looks like it needs Persona, but is long range, does fate damage AND doesn't require bullets) or that Kanji could do a 6.1k net SP gain combo off of a FC j.C.

Edited by shoryusatsu999

So in the new patch we essentially got the ability to make the training mode dummy duck or jump (ducking translated to squatting apparently. lol)

1.02 Changes:

1.New functions added to training mode when fighting a dummy.

-6+Start Button = Sets Stand, Crouch and Jump states.

-4+Start Button = Sets Counter Hit

-2+Start Button = Position Reset and Select Starting Position.

2. When fighting CPU, holding down all attack buttons plus start button will cause HP and the time counter to decrease at high speed.

3. Improved input registration for the S-Hold System's input.

4. Shadow Type characters now receive the same amount SP from damage as they do from attacking.

5. There is now a low probability chance of the game picking a different stage for fights.

6. Victory Screen now has an increase in maximum digits for displaying EXP won.

7. Fixed volume issues with some sound effects and voices.

8. Fixed an issue with game progression and data retention related a processing failure.

9. Fixed typos in Arcade Mode text.

10. Yukari Takeba:

SB Magaru has been adjusted so that arrows no longer repeatedly bounce off them.

Fixed a bug where sometimes Feather Bomb would explode by itself.

11. Akihiko Sanada:

Fixed a bug where sometimes the C-version of Waving would not generate SP.

Fixed display bugs with SB versions of Waving and Ducking.

12. Shadow LAbrys:

Fixed a bug where Public Execution would sometimes restrain the opponent for a longer time.

13. Elizabeth:

Fixed input registration for the B and SB versions of Randomiser.

14. Sho Minazuki (Persona):

Adjusted default colours.

15. Information for Store Managers:

Training Mode time limit can be changed in Test Mode.

Edited by Tokkan

3. Improved input registration for the S-Hold System's input.

"S-hold system"? What does this mean?

4. Shadow Type characters now receive the same amount SP from damage as they do from attacking.

Dude, that's an insanely good buff for them. This mean they can gain that 100SP for Shadow Rampage or even Awakened skills much quicker and much more often. It might not outright make up for their lack of Awakening but considering the damage potential of some Shadow-types, I foresee at least a small increase in their popularity.

13. Elizabeth:

Fixed input registration for the B and SB versions of Randomiser.

What does this mean? I doubt this means the input has changed from the [6]4 motion, so does that mean there was an issue with B/SB Randomizer inputs before?

S-Hold System = The system where you hold the A button and depending on how long you hold it, a move will come out with special properties. Not sure I'd call point 4 an insanely good buff but I'd say it was needed because their meter gain compared to regular characters was underwhelming in the overall picture in my opinion.

Also, glad to see more training mode options have been added. Now to hope Purepure or another Labrys player blesses us with Red Axe FC ToD combo vids!

btw got a question regarding story mode, does Adachi appear at all? and if so, does he do anything significant?

It would be more productive to ask this in the story thread

S-Hold System = The system where you hold the A button and depending on how long you hold it, a move will come out with special properties.

First I've heard of this. At first I thought you meant the auto combos, but those require presses, not holding to initiate. Could you elaborate more or point me to an example, please? I'm rather curious.

Not sure I'd call point 4 an insanely good buff but I'd say it was needed because their meter gain compared to regular characters was underwhelming in the overall picture in my opinion.

Well, Shadow-types generally had much higher SP gain when attacking compared to their originals so they were good in that department. They also retained whatever SP they didn't spend between rounds. Sadly, the 20% less damage (outside of Shadow Rampage), no Burst and no Awakening kept them from being a real threat. This new buff though takes them up a notch. Gaining meter from absolutely anything, coupled with retaining their meter means that even upon a round defeat, you could be facing a Shadow opponent with 100SP right off in Round 2.

Also, glad to see more training mode options have been added. Now to hope Purepure or another Labrys player blesses us with Red Axe FC ToD combo vids!

Not before someone makes a Lizzie SB Mamudoon ToD comb...oh wait, I forgot: nobody wants to use Lizzie in good ol'Nihon. Right, carry on :(.

What does this mean? I doubt this means the input has changed from the [6]4 motion, so does that mean there was an issue with B/SB Randomizer inputs before?

I think it has something to do with input priority (B randomiser coming out instead of SB randomiser, or something).

First I've heard of this. At first I thought you meant the auto combos, but those require presses, not holding to initiate. Could you elaborate more or point me to an example, please? I'm rather curious.

S-Hold System: Hold down A and a bar will appear on screen. Charge it up and let go to unleash a move with special properties. If you have the meter you can hold down more for a super move, even more for an awakening super and even further more for an instant kill. The S in S-Hold stands Suplex and apparently is pronounced as such in the tutorial video (SUUPUREKKUSU HORUDO SHISUTEMU).

Edited by Tokkan

I think it has something to do with input priority (B randomiser coming out instead of SB randomiser, or something).

Oh. Yeah that would be a bit of a problem. I know I have had varying degrees of nonsense when playing Shadow Labrys and kept getting her 214C/D whenever I wanted to do Titanomachia or getting 214A/B whenever I wanted Brutal Drive in P4A so I am glad this Lizzie stuff was fixed.

S-Hold System: Hold down A and a bar will appear on screen. Charge it up and let go to unleash a move with special properties. If you have the meter you can hold down more for a super move, even more for an awakening super and even further more for an instant kill. The S in S-Hold stands Suplex and apparently is pronounced as such in the tutorial video (SUUPUREKKUSU HORUDO SHISUTEMU).

Ohhhhhh, so THAT'S what that bar was that appeared from time to time in certain match videos. Yeah, I thought it was weird to see it happening but didn't pay it much thought. Though after readng the explanation, I am not sure I like how much it reminds me of SFxT's own charge mechanic, but eh considering I've seen almost nobody actually utilize it, I guess it really isn't all that impressive.

Edited by Luminos564

Eh, there's one big thing I think regular Sho has over PerShoNa: no need to manage persona cards. If it turns out that PerShoNa really needs Tsukiyomi in order to be competitive, then a few bad moves (or a lot of applications of Silence) and it's pretty much game over. Regular Sho doesn't have to worry about any of that.

Then again... does anyone know what happens if regular Sho is hit with Silence?

It's a nice advantage, but, with the structure of the auto-combo and extensions, I can imagine Yume-esque blockstrings buying at least about two persona cards of time; so, assuming he needs Tsukiyomi, Persona Break is fairly deal-able with I...think. Silence, well AoA, Evasive Action, it's probably not an impossibility to land a hit.

Edited by FallenWhite

7. Fixed volume issues with some sound effects and voices.

I'm glad that this is getting fixed. A bunch of the newer voice clips felt "out of place" with the way they sounded to me. The voice clip for Narukami's command grab comes to mind.

This mystery character has me all up in knots these days. I'm pretty sure it's unreasonable, for story reasons, but I am still holding out for Vincent Brooks. Been saying I would main him since day one. Anyway, the new update to shadow characters is pretty nice. I think their lack of play/usefulness is being recognized. I hope by the time the home version rolls around, we see a few differences between regular and shadow characters outside of their auto combo's. Maybe instant kills will be added (I know how broken that sounds with their meter gain).

Speaking of console versions, if it doesn't get region locked (or if someone here is lucky to have a japanese PS3 to play it if it DOES.) I wanna ask about how the dub is if they do voiceovers the blazblue way.

Mostly for the shadows....and maybe to hope if Junpei still has Vic for his voice. :P

Besides we dunno when it'll be released for the US, I doubt it'll be like P4A and release on august (since it's releasing for JP in July like that last one)

Besides we dunno when it'll be released for the US, I doubt it'll be like P4A and release on august (since it's releasing for JP in July like that last one)

Source? I've only heard of a summer release. It would be interesting if this turned out to be true since I was hoping for a May or June release.

Also, don't really see why it wouldn't release in August here in NA if it does release in Japan in July. After all, Atlus USA will probably be doing the localization themselves and not ASW USA.

Play-Asia has the game's release date as July. However, I'm sure it will be region locked as Play-Asia also lists the game under NTSC-J protection. Btw, P4U JP was in July, and the US release was 2 weeks later in early August.

Play-Asia could have inaccurate/wrong info though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Source? I've only heard of a summer release. It would be interesting if this turned out to be true since I was hoping for a May or June release.

Also, don't really see why it wouldn't release in August here in NA if it does release in Japan in July. After all, Atlus USA will probably be doing the localization themselves and not ASW USA.

I'm making an assumption for the date honestly, should of said "sometime in the summer" and not specifically July. My apologies.

And you have a good point with that idea

I'm making an assumption for the date honestly, should of said "sometime in the summer" and not specifically July. My apologies.

I see. No worries. It is a fair assumption and I mostly wanted the source because I was secretly hoping to dig up more juicy console release details :P

Play-Asia has the game's release date as July. However, I'm sure it will be region locked as Play-Asia also lists the game under NTSC-J protection. Btw, P4U JP was in July, and the US release was 2 weeks later in early August.

Play-Asia could have inaccurate/wrong info though.

The fact that Play-Asia has it listed for July is also interesting. It's probably a placeholder date but guess we'll see. Also, thanks for that reminder that there was only a 2 week difference. I remember being very pleased with that and pretty much all the effort Atlus USA put into the launch with the tutorials, getting it on streams, sponsoring launch tournies, etc. I hope they do the same for P4U2.

Until Atlus themselves announce one, any release date you see is a placeholder. Retailers require a date to take pre-orders, so companies will often just give whatever estimate they have in mind.

I wonder if we should expect a localization announcement next month just like how it was for the last game. Late July-early August sounds about right for the P4U2 console launch, with September-October for P4D and November-December for Persona 5.