Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GreekAngel

[P4U2] Yosuke Speculations and Discussion

That V slasher move is really in the shape of a big ass V. Thought it be smaller, but whatever... looks like yosuke deals less damage now but that's really not a bad thing.

yea, but that move has some potential for cross-ups on corner, glide, and probably during a rapid cancel

Looks like it could have it's uses like you say. It be cool if the sb version was kind of a fake out V. Instead of going back up you just land in front of the other character. Yosuke needs more trickery.

Still havent seen the new glide. I want to see if its really changed alot or if its still kinda the same

That V slasher move is really in the shape of a big ass V. Thought it be smaller, but whatever... looks like yosuke deals less damage now but that's really not a bad thing.

Damage was toned down across the board, so it wasn't Yosuke-specific.

And Kunais don't really "knockdown", They force the opponent to the ground and then shoot them upwards (So Kunais are still a combo ender).

i think it was said somewhere that SB V slasher does a W instead of a V.

from whats been said about the new glide is its similar just doesnt go as far (i assume this means you fall faster)

All the changes are listed on Page 1, Post 1, they're completely up to date.

On that note; Yosuke got a new awakening Super while Suku is active; "Shippu Nagareboshi", aka Hurricane Meteor or Hurricane Shooting Star.

All the changes are listed on Page 1, Post 1, they're completely up to date.

On that note; Yosuke got a new awakening Super while Suku is active; "Shippu Nagareboshi", aka Hurricane Meteor or Hurricane Shooting Star.

Sounds interesting actually hope it's used in the loketest

SO Yosuke's V Slasher looks nice, his Kunai's just force you on the ground, and he has a new super in Sukukaja, replacing the ability to recharge sukukaja at will.....

SHIPPU MATOH!!!

SO Yosuke's V Slasher looks nice, his Kunai's just force you on the ground, and he has a new super in Sukukaja, replacing the ability to recharge sukukaja at will.....

SHIPPU MATOH!!!

At least that helps the obligatory speed haters that hate fighting yosukes...

anyone got a description of what hurricane meteor looks like visually???

At least that helps the obligatory speed haters that hate fighting yosukes...

anyone got a description of what hurricane meteor looks like visually???

I'mma laugh it its Chie's meteors

I honestly doubt that XD

Yeah, true. But what will our V Slasher yield? I'm pretty sure our fatal combos might change slightly from it being there. Also, is there a set height for it? Can I use it from about really high, just stop and then slash up in mid air, or do I have to do it near the ground in order for the last hit to combo? I'm sure these questions will be answered soon

Yeah, true. But what will our V Slasher yield? I'm pretty sure our fatal combos might change slightly from it being there. Also, is there a set height for it? Can I use it from about really high, just stop and then slash up in mid air, or do I have to do it near the ground in order for the last hit to combo? I'm sure these questions will be answered soon

Set height? You mean ex canceling ? Using v slasher from a really high angle can be a bit risky esp if it's predictable and punishable with an anti air. Though, if u can cancel v slash from mirage slash, then it's possible.

Set height? You mean ex canceling ? Using v slasher from a really high angle can be a bit risky esp if it's predictable and punishable with an anti air. Though, if u can cancel v slash from mirage slash, then it's possible.

What I mean is, do you have to hit the ground before the second hit of V slash comes out.

What I mean is, do you have to hit the ground before the second hit of V slash comes out.

...inb4 we somehow manage dash spring-v slasher-moonsault-garudyne/Hurricane meteor combo?

...inb4 we somehow manage dash spring-v slasher-moonsault-garudyne/Hurricane meteor combo?

new fatal routes? Sounds like bullshit. I'm in all over that.

new fatal routes? Sounds like bullshit. I'm in all over that.

was writing it with bullshit in mind...all we gotta do now is hope someone is crazy enough to do it.

Sorry to leave you guys hanging during this loketest, just trying to get everything translated correctly. But there's some stuff I can confirm:

New Awakening Super: Shippu Nagareboshi/Hurricane Meteor. Can only be done in sukukaja.

New Move: Shuntenhishokiri / Ninja Slash? aka V Slasher (Movelist has 214 and 236 listed as inputs, meaning you can go forward and backwards)

SB Garudyne moves fast. C and D Garudyne remain the same.

SB Hurricane Meteor / Shooting Star does a little more damage.

Sorry to leave you guys hanging during this loketest, just trying to get everything translated correctly. But there's some stuff I can confirm:

New Awakening Super: Shippu Nagareboshi/Hurricane Meteor. Can only be done in sukukaja.

New Move: Shuntenhishokiri / Ninja Slash? aka V Slasher (Movelist has 214 and 236 listed as inputs, meaning you can go forward and backwards)

SB Garudyne moves fast. C and D Garudyne remain the same.

SB Hurricane Meteor / Shooting Star does a little more damage.

Eh, I frequent mayonaka midnight during school hours since it ain't blocked by the firewall,so I'm kinda updated there too. By the way, is there any idea what it looks like visually?

-Yosuke’s B moonsault has been removed

-5A recovery is increased in sukukaja

-No moonsault while backdashing

-236B > Moonsault A, no longer combos

-Suku Autocombo ends with Hurricane Meteor / Shooting Star.

-5A > 5C > 2C > 236B > C V Slasher > j2C? > Garudyne (3178dmg) (This means V Slasher is a hard knockdown?)

-New Suku super does a little more damage than usual yosuke supers

-5A > 5C > 2C > 236B > C V Slasher > j2C? > Garudyne (3178dmg) (This means V Slasher is a hard knockdown?)

Good Hard Knockdown?, let's pray this is true.

I wasn't gonna post the stuff that's unconfirmed, but whatever

And that's incorrect.

For crying out loud, why

:sweatdrop:

None of those are correct. Fresh loketest info incoming.

First let's correct the stupid bullshit.

-B Moonsault is still in, just seemingly useless atm.

-5A recovery has indeed increased, because it's no longer his fucking 5A in Sukukaja. It's now the animation to his ground throw slash. A mash combo in sukukaja is ground slash back and forward twice, pops them up and does the animation to his air throw slash, and then it got cancelled into j.2C.

-I don't know. Probably no moonsault while backdashing.

-Yes it does. Moonsault A x2 still works. It just won't combo into V-Slash. 236B 236A 236C (V-Slash) j.2B (which is D kunai now el oh el) works just fine.

-Kunai > super, as far as I and logic can tell, doesn't work anymore.

New

-Yosuke Karafastfall is now AB > AC. It's slower and awkward as all fuck, but it's still in.

-V-Slash requires Persona, D version is slower, I think I saw it Fatal Counter?

-5C has a backdash cancel, On hit for sure. (On block?)

-2C has a forward dash cancel, on hit for sure. (on block?)

-Yosuke sweep can be hop cancelled for... uh... moonsault ...oki? Shits and giggles?

-New super (Sukukaja only) Sukukaja motion again and what he does is like tiger knee you and then on hit he drops a ton of kunai while flipping and like posing at the camera upside down in the air and then Jiraiya throws them at you. Decentish damage? I forgot to write the value down.

-Major nerf to Sukukaja time. It's short. Like, Really short.

-Kunai doesn't cause on knockdown on standing hit. On standing hit they're just in hitstun for a few seconds. No popup, no knockdown. On air hit you're too far away for any sort of actual oki. Just returns to neutral.

-B Tackle pops up higher. Corner AoA > D ender 2B 236B did not go into j.2C. They teched out high in the air.

-Shadow Yosuke sukukaja takes 100 meter.

I have no idea what his combo route could end up being.

Please keep in mind this is a loketest and could change drastically. Probably will.

I forgot to add.

His new A mash combo is 5A then an uppercut slash into a backflip kick that rise both him and opponent into the air before doing V-Slash Kunai.

j.2A is C kunai, j.2B is D kunai