Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LegendaryRath

[P4AU] Mitsuru/Shadow Mitsuru info - Loketest Discussion

This caught my eye. I'm excited for new combos. "5C > Dash cancel forward on air hit = combo possible"

What's "Dial A", A Coup?

Based on my context clues, I think it means auto-combo. Since it was used with other characters translation notes.

Edit: Never mind, since this string also exists for Elizabeth "apparently has an autocombo with the b button now, goes into her Dial A route."

If that's the case, then we may be seeing some practical differences between Mitsuru and Shadow Mitsuru, given that they don't use the same autocombo.

edit: First Post updated with second loketest information. I'll try to keep it up to date this weekend.

Lol you guys are tripping your selfs out the mean 5AAect auto combos pretty sure it means the Liz has a A and B auto combo.

Yup, dial A = autocombo. I picked up the term from hisoutensoku, no idea if it was used elsewhere.

also looks like mitsu's new 5AAA looks a lot like the first part of Myriad Arrows, footage coming ~eventually~

ShardZ was able to attend one of the loketests and gathered an awesome amount of information. I updated the main post with it. I encourage everyone to go take a look. Reading it gave me some peace of mind for the character.

Oh yeah, I didn't talk about her general gameplan. Overall seems very similar, with stuff like dash cancelling 5C (and 5B?) and tentarafoo giving her even more options than before. More meter dependant for damage, but when you get more than 25 meter from one autocombo it's really not thaaaaat big of a deal. She still feels very strong and having an autocombo that works from farther away seems like a pretty significant buff to me. The Bufula changes mean she can't get the same oki as before, but considering that wasn't something she absolutely needed in the first place I'm not concerned.

I feel kinda bad for Liz players, Tentarafoo gives Mitsuru one more option for ruining her day. While Droit was already a thing of course, Tentarafoo leaves her in the same position she started, so when blocked at long range she's in a waaaay better position than after a blocked/IB'd Droit. If the opp reads Tentarafoo and IADs I imagine they're getting a pretty huge punish though, so it can't be thrown out recklessly.

edit* In case it wasn't already clear, I'll definitely still play her in P4POWERBOMB. Unless there's significant changes to her in the final version I see her still being very strong and at least as fun to play as before.

I'm so happy, LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW HAPPY, that her basic combo structure is changing. It's just going to be way more fun for me. I'm a little disappointed to see our Bufula oki gone, but being able to roll projectiles on frame 1 would have ruined it anyway. I'm curious how D Bufula will be implemented, possibly in combos.

ShardZ, I know you didn't spend much time with Shadow Mitsuru, but did you notice any noticeable differences besides the auto combos being different?

In line with what I heard from the first loctest, aside from having the old autocombo and the universal system changes for normal vs. shadow vers I didn't notice any differences. I'm curious to see what ppl come up with for overdrive combos, but unless there's a hilarious downside to it that I missed it seems like the new autocombo will be a lot more useful once you get used to it.

Actually I don't think I mentioned, the gap between hits for the new autocombo vs. the old is much bigger, so the opp drops more when it juggles them. I think it'll just mean adjusting hitconfirms a bit though, since it wasn't causing the combos to outright drop.

"3rd hit LUNGES FORWARD. GUYS. IT LUNGES FORWARD. AND THERE'S TONS OF CANCEL OPTIONS. 5AAA 6, 5AAA 5C, etc. u gaiz."

That's awesome. I agree with Rath man it got just got more fun.

"Tentarafoo gives Mitsuru one more option for ruining her day. While Droit was already a thing of course, Tentarafoo leaves her in the same position she started, so when blocked at long range" So is she plus or just the fact that she not close and at - is this a plus.

Did you try hop attack after sweep? Is there recovery after sweep > hop > j.b. So you can 5a afterwards?

Is 5a > Tentarafoo a block string?

Maybe these are dumb questions man I need to see some videos.

Sorry for the slow reply, I'll try to keep a better eye on this thread. :)

I'm not sure what Tentarafoo is on block, although it's definitely better if they block it at a further range. Unless it's unexpectedly super + I'd think the only reason to do it at a closer range is to catch them not blocking low.

When I was trying to find meterless non-FCH dmg (lol) I tried comboing sweep > hop > anything, but no luck. Beyond that I didn't look into it much, but I think there were some notes about the general game that the hop in this loctest was more like P4A? Not really sure.

I don't know if anything > Tentarafoo is a blockstring 'cause even the C ver of Tentarafoo has pretty slow startup. 5A > Tentarafoo seems a little gimmicky and pretty risky since there's a pretty big gap, but I like having the option.

Is it slow enough to use to cover approach? Like guile? Or was the recovery too much to be unable to chase it

Edit: nvm read an earlier post that pretty much covered it I didnt notice earlier. My bad

The projectile itself moves pretty quickly once it's out, IIRC it def stops before Mitsuru recovers with all 3 vers. That'd be hilarious if she had a fireball she could follow though, lol.

More stuff from Omex's translations!

[5B] > Dash cancel is advantageous for Mitsuru.

236236AB kick does 4800 at full charge

Raw B Setsuna > C > D > Charged kick did ~3900

Mitsuru 5A backstep cancel might be in (rumor)

High air hit b droit > 2A pickup might be possible (rumor)

Before last hit 5AAA can be canceled into B and C moves. (iirc, it’s a millionstab esque normal that looks like setsuna) Last hit can only go into C moves.

2B’s head invuln may start up slower now

SB Mahabufudyne has long invuln, short recovery

236236AB may have 236236A startup with B setsuna damage.

B Droit > D Bufu did not combo

Tentarafoo seems ot have very little recovery

SB Tentarafoo seems to be an ‘STG” character counter tool. (shooting game? zoners? ww) Seems to be good for beating Aigis 2B and Yukiko fans

j.D’s pullin speed and range has been increased, can combo after with 5a depending on spacing

Most FC combos from current ver still work

It's kind of funny how I've been worried whether we'll see loketest footage of Mitsuru, and it doesn't matter since the game comes out in a week. I'm excited to see how all these new changes play out throughout the arcade release. Jourdal, don't let us down!

When the time comes, I kind of want to make a video thread specifically for Shadow Mitsuru. I wonder if jp players will switch to her from the normal ice queen. It'll be interesting to see which players pick which version.

I suspect people might switch to S.Mitsuru based on her auto-combo alone. The current Mitsuru's auto-combo brings her closer to the opponent, whereas S.Mitsuru she has the old auto-combo which pushes her back, making it difficult to actually punish her. Honestly, I might go with Shadow Mitsuru for that alone. But, I still need to see how Mitsuru's new looks, and how safe the cancels are.

Aside from that, I still will mess around with S.Mitsuru for fun. If she doesn't have an SMP, it would be fun to do endless droits haha.

I feel like the autocombo differences might give certain players a preference towards one version of the character. I can't shake this feeling that normal mitsuru looks a little bit stronger, but I know that it's misplaced this early on.

Unfortunately, endless droits might not be possible due to minimum charge time. It might be, but it'll be close. Plus if it's like p4a where combos drop after the second b droit, then it wont be practical. STILL FUN THOUGH

I'm planning on working on a video thread for Both Mitsuru and Shadow Mitsuru once the arcade version drops. My gut says that I should separate them into two posts but until I hear from Jourdal or someone, or until we find out for certain if Shadow Mitsuru will get a subforum, I'll wait on actually posting it. We wont see any footage until at least Thursday anyway. I'm feel that I'm OCD enough with finding footage that I would keep them pretty up to date.

If Jourdal or another mod was planning on making those already and have a problem with me doing it, would it be ok if I could still edit it and help out?

Cool, they have a picture of her auto-combo kinda. Looks neat. I do enjoy her pose from the new move. Very classy. Now all I want is the chibi version of Mitsuru somehow this game. Persona Q just made me go "AWW" every time I saw her.