Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Solless

[P4AU] General Discussion

So, I noticed a couple things off the last set of Akihabara videos that Omnix posted.

Most of them can be seen in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv3Rzz-AdAU&t=325

First we can actually cancel 5d into multiple 5c's and not just one. 

This seems cool, potentially setting caesar off screen with 5d and doing multiple overheads while he can't be seen sounds great to me.

Secondly, 5c becoming the old 2c, actually means our overhead is 0 on block (assuming frame data carried over). Domi does it against Liz, and then they both mash 2a, and Domi wins, so I don't think it's -5 like before. C moves are only affected damage wise from cyclone levels and not recovery wise judging by Omex's notes. (Thanks for the translations by the way!)

His run speeds haven't improved as much as I've hoped.

Hey guys, as you all know (or not), p4u2 will be playable at EVO. I'll be there to play, so if you guys have any requests or things you want me to test out, let me know.

Akihiko looks as if he's gotten some real improvement, and a lot more options this time around, I'll wait for the ones who can get that information out faster than I to say anything about that, but honestly, I can't wait to feel like I have more than 3 options for everything (Probably my playstyle on that front, though.).

He is certainly stronger in some aspects, his kill rush game is better for safe pursue so you don't have to stick your neck out every time you do a KR blockstring, his damage conversion has sky rocketed with, now he can net 4k midscreen with only 25 meter from a 5aa starter. Plus good run speed actually did help.

Unfortunately a lot of Akihiko players, myself included liked the flexibility of his ducks and weaves, and they certainly took those away, so now his only way to get in is the run/air dash variety, they also didn't address his problems (5c air CH, KR activating when opponent is on the air). It's ignorant to say he got nerfed as to imply that he's weaker then he was previously, but he changed in a way that upset quite a few Akihiko players. We don't see moke anymore and kubo plays Sho. I'll be moving to Minazuki. I might fuck around with S.Akihiko.

There's something that has been bothering me lately. I've been reading around, and it's been obviously confirmed that corkscrew now sends the enemy flying backwards. But yet I have also noticed that in match videos, the enemy sometimes gets sent forwards. Is it only when the Cyclone gauge is at a high enough level that they'll get sent backwards or does it depend on whether or not the A or B version is used?

There's something that has been bothering me lately. I've been reading around, and it's been obviously confirmed that corkscrew now sends the enemy flying backwards. But yet I have also noticed that in match videos, the enemy sometimes gets sent forwards. Is it only when the Cyclone gauge is at a high enough level that they'll get sent backwards or does it depend on whether or not the A or B version is used?

A version works like P4U's, B version sends opponent backwards.

Absolutely love the new Aki,I still struggle to accodomate to the changes, but it fells so good anyway. I didn't realize how much slower the ducking D was, can't use my oki Ducking D > Corkscrew in your face to troll my friends anymore. Also One More Burst Combos are the shit

Anyone having a bit of an issue with Maziodyne online?  I sometimes try it for invuln frames but out comes thunder fists.  This is happened more times than I can count.  I can pull it off fine in training though.  It's so weird.

Obviously not if he's doing it for the invul.

Unless he's on some burst bait tech.

What is everyone doing from their throws? Gonna post combos I've found.

LVL0: C+D>8A>4A>6A/B
LVL1: C+D>8A>6A/B
LVL2: C+D>8A>6A/B
LVL3: C+D>8B>4>6C>4A>8A>2C
LVL4: C+D>8B>4C>4>6C>4A>8A>2C
LVL5: C+D>4>8B>4D>6C>4A>8A>2C

What is everyone doing from their throws? Gonna post combos I've found.

LVL0: C+D>8A>4A>6A/B

LVL1: C+D>8A>6A/B

LVL2: C+D>8A>6A/B

LVL3: C+D>8B>4>6C>4A>8A>2C

LVL4: C+D>8B>4C>4>6C>4A>8A>2C

LVL5: C+D>4>8B>4D>6C>4A>8A>2C

Basically what I've been using, just gotta crack the Vanilla habits.

Also what have you guys been using for corner FC combos? I've been doing the B Assault Dive one and I haven't dropped it that much

...in training mode lol

So is he better or worse in this game?

Hard to say. He got some buff but also quite a few annoying nerfs. Sonic punch alone is a fantastic improvement to his pressure game. Generally he seems much more difficult to play this time around so it might take a while for people to get comfortable with his new stuff (I'm definitely having a hard time adapting myself). I have a feeling he'll end up about the same with improved pressure and damage off certain things but lots of little nerfs that add up.

Basically what I've been using, just gotta crack the Vanilla habits.

Also what have you guys been using for corner FC combos? I've been doing the B Assault Dive one and I haven't dropped it that much

...in training mode lol

B assault dive combo works from anywhere and does 6.2k (you can get a tiny bit more in the corner if you delay your super a bit but you risk whiffing the super, probably not worth the risk imo). it's probably the go-to 5b fatal combo, although I haven't figured out how to modify it for double super ending yet.

Now that there are moves with Fatal Counter recovery, can Aki capitalize on this? I noticed that 2/5A>236B works on opponents who are in FC recovery. Anything else?

Edit: FC 5C and j.C lead to B dive combo routes. Nice! Ex. FC j.C>land>66>5AA>2B>sj.B(1)>214B>6C>8B>4C>4A>8A>2C>236236B. 6055dmg

Of course this stuff very matchup dependent, which moves have Fatal recovery etc. But useful in some matchups I guess.

Anyone else finding Rise a pain to deal with?  She has that darn jB or whatever where she's twirling the mic and so far it has usually beaten out anything I do cleanly.  Only occasionally has DP hit her cleanly and 2b has so far won only when she's doing it so late that her waist is about even with akihiko's standing height.

Anyone else finding Rise a pain to deal with?  She has that darn jB or whatever where she's twirling the mic and so far it has usually beaten out anything I do cleanly.  Only occasionally has DP hit her cleanly and 2b has so far won only when she's doing it so late that her waist is about even with akihiko's standing height.

I only played against one Rise and I thought I just screwed up the timing when I tried to AA her with it.

No idea yet on challenge 25. But you guys know what bugs me? I saw this really cool variation of autocombo that did like 2.1k by itself: 5AAAAAAA>4B>6B>4/6D>2C. You got lvl5 2C and also you could sideswap if you wanted to. But then I learned it worked on Narukami only -______-

No idea yet on challenge 25. But you guys know what bugs me? I saw this really cool variation of autocombo that did like 2.1k by itself: 5AAAAAAA>4B>6B>4/6D>2C. You got lvl5 2C and also you could sideswap if you wanted to. But then I learned it worked on Narukami only -______-

I actually tested it out a few days ago, it works on Narukami, Naoto, Liz, Yukari, Ken, and Rise. I don't have Adachi yet so I haven't tested it with him.

It actually does 4k if you can land Lv.5 EX Uppercut, I've managed to land it midscreen :P

I actually tested it out a few days ago, it works on Narukami, Naoto, Liz, Yukari, Ken, and Rise. I don't have Adachi yet so I haven't tested it with him.

It actually does 4k if you can land Lv.5 EX Uppercut, I've managed to land it midscreen :P

Ah cool, I stand corrected. Shame it doesn't work on the whole cast though.