Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adelheid

[P4AU] Shadow Labrys - Loketest Changes/Discussion

6 Persona cards

Loketest 2:

New Content

• From last loketest: Now has an anti air CMD grab, ‘Public Execution’

• Now has Chain Knuckle, does not have 6/4/A/B followups like Labrys’ does.

・Since Chain knuckle has no followups, maybe it’s just for damage?

・SB Chain knuckle wallbounces

• 5[D] will change the bull’s directions.

• Tapping 5D multiple times will put Asterios into an autoblock state

Buff

• C grab does poison. D Grab does silence, CD does fear.

• Sounds cuter on the character select screen, purepure has been alerted

• Now has bull with her on wakeup, can do punch super on wakeup.

• Can mash for persona attacks during gaps in blockstrings

・Damage of all moves has been increased

・The bull’s moves have become quicker, so new things may be possible. Managed to do 5C > Beam.

・2B may be slightly faster?

・Sweep special cancel possible, but guillotine did not combo

Nerf

• 214A/ and j.214A/B no longer have knockdown status? (Unverified)

• j.214AB knocks down

• [4]6D silence lets them burst

• Cannot input Titanomachia consecutively. Amount of moves input during Titanomachia displayed.

・Existing titanomachia combos will not work.

Combo Information

• CH 2C combos are doing 3800 damage with no meter spent.

• j.214A 5C 236C could be possible

• Cannot do anything with short hop j.A

• 5AA 2B and 5AA 214X works 236AB 236C air ender and FC 5B 236B 236C air ender works.

・Dial A goes into Public Execution C. Even works midscreen depending on distance. D version looks like it can set up OkizemeFollowup might be possible?

・Sweep > 8C(Former 2C)Is hard to combo. Maybe easier from guillotine?

・Can do existing combos from 5BFC. However, hitting the second j.B guillotine is unreasonable, so maybe combo into Public Execution?

・Still no wallbounce on DP, so maybe nothing midscreen?

・Public Execution D can wallbounce (but due to sending the opponent backwards/something to that extent, it’s weird to set up? might be like iori’s grab, always throws backwards), so combo is possible

・Dial A > 5C > A Brutal comboed。Damage was around 2900

・Looks like SB Chain Knuckle > Beam works

・Guillotine Series> 8C (former 2C) seems to be possible if done right. only j.a > j.b would work afterwards though?

・5AA > 2B Drop

・5AA > Sweep drop

・Sweep > Chain drop

Loketest 1:

New additions:
Public Execution ([2]8 C or D)
Anti-air grab.

Chain Knuckle (236A or B)
Same as Labrys' version.

- 2C and 8C are having their commands swapped.
- Guillotine Axe, ground 214A or B, now groundbounces rather than giving hard knockdown.
- - Autocombo does not give knockdown.
- 214A no longer has its first hit.
- 2B > 5B chain removed.
- Furious Action no longer wallbounces on counterhit.
- Massive Slaughter ([4]6 C or D) grants Fear (but maybe Poison?) on hit.
- When using Titanomachia, number of attacks is shown above gauge.
- After titanomachia ends, a separate (ox) gauge appears, cannot use persona until gauge fully recovers.
- EX Titanomachia allows up to 4 inputs.
- Asterius appears immediately on wakeup, persona moves can be used during wakeup
- turn persona to auto-block mode by holding D buttons for while
- 2C, 8C, and 5C can be used during block mode.
- - 2C (Hammer Uppercut, not Terra's Eruption) can be mashed during block to have the Persona leave underground to perform the attack as soon as there's any gap.

With info translated from stunedge's notes ([url]https://www.evernote.com/shard/s43/sh/0e9b830d-5702-4866-a1d5-0c8e1e1c2a8f/c7f1fbbc1497cce8cfc1b1cf907c8732[/url]) by KayEff.[/CODE]

gNuiaSt.jpg

Movelist card

One thing I'm not sure about, about the movelist card. She clearly has Chain Knuckle, but does it have its followups? They're not listed there, which could be unfortunate.

Regardless, it'll be useful. But y'know, it'll be a bit cooler if we could have chain dashing around while controlling Asterius... Maybe they thought that'd be too good though, lol.

weird. I'm really curious how the anti air grab will work out; Especially since it's on Asterius. Charge move for the command grab still feels really weird for me though. Have to wonder how these changes will affect the gulp trap

I'm hearing conflicting reports on whether command grab causes poison or fear. Does anyone have a secondary source besides Jiyuna/stunedge, who appear to have given the initial conflict?

Spiffy changes, tbh. I'm really curious what kind of bounce ground 214A/B has now; is it EX ground guillotine height?! is it high air guillotine height?! and what about untech?! But really, in all those situations it'll still be plenty useful and workable.

I've always had the habit of holding crouch block at neutral, since it never explicitly used to rule out access to any Persona attacks. Now that they've swapped 2C/8C and there's a [2]8C/D command move, that old turtling let-me-spam-2C style's can't really be done anymore! Sad, but definitely for the best.

Has there been word on whether her autocombo has also changed?

Am I the only one seeing only nerfs in those?

236A doesn't seem too useful on shadow. She can already covers the ground plenty enough with 8C, she has one of the fastest movement speed in the game and she jumps fast and high too. The nerf of titanomachia isn't justified imo (it wasn't even as powerful as it can be)

[2]8C as an air grab... Why not during okizeme, but cannot be used during pressings so meh.

And why no more wallbounce on furious?! DAMMIT ASW OUR BD SUCKED ALREADY ;_;

Anyone know if she has access to the infinite SP mode thing?

Anyone know if she has access to the infinite SP mode thing?

I personally see it as them attempting to polarize her more as an oki-based character. The Guillotine bounce allows for more oki options and, depending on how it works, [2]8C/D can be a potential mix-up option as well.

No she doesn't have Shadow Mode.

Yeah the groundbounce can be a good thing... or not, depending on the tech time. I guess they did it as a buff as you couldn't really oki after 214A.

You absolutely could oki after 214A, it just wasn't the most versatile thing.

Yes, Shabrys has been nerfed, but new moves are good. Honestly it seems like they nerfed everyone so it's whatever.

Gulp trap does NOT seem to have bee nerfed in general, and in fact gives greater rewards thanks to, whichever status it gives,

It seems like they want to make her more versatile and rely less on what's good for her now, but that's okej.

"- S.Lab has persona with her on wakeup right now. (aka you can do wake up punch super or wakeup some persona move), she can mash 2C(which was 8C in currently version) during block"

yesssssssssss

Wonder if Guillotine groundbounce can be followed up? Then again a proration increase would be needed lol. Apparently everyone's damage got nerfed which kinda sucks for Slabrys but I'm fine with most of the changes otherwise. Any footage of the command grab yet?

Oh, I'm sure if nothing else you can get in a Terra's Eruption to j.214B, as long as there's not the bare minimum of untech on the groundbounce. Even off 5AAA 214A that ought to work, as long as her proration didn't get hit during all this (and it had BETTER not have, lol...)

Omg I might be heavily optimistic but we are so not nerfed. Having Persona on wakeup could literally mean controlling the pace of your own knockdown. The only explicit nerfs are to DP and Titano which may still be completely workable, and completely called for tbh in trying to reduce sloppy play and scrubby decision making.

Persona on wakeup means you can buffer moves as you tech. Instead of getting your persona like 2 seconds after teching.

"persona moves can be used during wakeup" what mean?

I'd assume it means you can buffer Asterius stuff during her tech animations. Like how Carl can use Nirvana immediately or Arakune can spam bugs during tech.

"- S.Lab has persona with her on wakeup right now. (aka you can do wake up punch super or wakeup some persona move), she can mash 2C(which was 8C in currently version) during block"

yesssssssssss

lol now that's a freaking huge buff (even too powerful tbh)

Slabrys top tier confirmed :D

As they nerfed everyone's damages, i wonder if they nerfed the base damage of normal moves, or the overall proration of combos. If the former, people will have a hard time breaking our persona. That would be imbalance.

Need moar intels *o*

2C/8C swap is a huge pain in the ass. We won't be able to cover the space in front of us anymore, as if we input 8C our character will jump. No more free dashes :\

It isn't a terribly big deal. If you really want to do it, you can buffer 8C as you backdash or with any normal like 2A to keeo grounded.

Someone please translate more info, I'm dying. I already want this game and this Slabs so badly.

somebody mentioned S.lab 2C mash thing earlier so I will clarify.

In current version, S.lab can put Buffalo into 'block mode' by holding D buttons for while and you don't have to hold D buttons alldays to keep it blocking. And what is important is that you can directly do Persona moves while blocking.

Since she has persona on wakeup so if you set it to blockmode, you can simply just mash 2C during block and if there is even 1f space between chains persona will be activated for 2C (which was originally her 8C)

So there's that.

The loss of CH wallbounce with B+D is kind of a shame, but across the board most characters lost easy knockdown into oki setup like Yu.

No more 2B > 5B chain sucks...but perhaps the chain knuck will make for it if I can do block string into 2B > Rocket Knuckle > 5C > Knuckle follow-up (?)

Titanomachia nerf seems kind of lame with the recovery aspect, I hope it doesn't last more than 1.5 seconds or else we'll have a gamble awakening super. I also don't need to see how many inputs were done during the freeze frame of Titanomachia.

That said, I want to hear more about the ground bounce guillotine and the anti-air grab (Public Execution?). If we are lucky the ground bounce can allow AOA to give us the oki setup or potential resets with the anti-air grab. So does Asterius just grab the dude with his hand or does he go Free Whilly and just eat him?

The loss of CH wallbounce with B+D is kind of a shame, but across the board most characters lost easy knockdown into oki setup like Yu.

No more 2B > 5B chain sucks...but perhaps the chain knuck will make for it if I can do block string into 2B > Rocket Knuckle > 5C > Knuckle follow-up (?)

Titanomachia nerf seems kind of lame with the recovery aspect, I hope it doesn't last more than 1.5 seconds or else we'll have a gamble awakening super. I also don't need to see how many inputs were done during the freeze frame of Titanomachia.

That said, I want to hear more about the ground bounce guillotine and the anti-air grab (Public Execution?). If we are lucky the ground bounce can allow AOA to give us the oki setup or potential resets with the anti-air grab. So does Asterius just grab the dude with his hand or does he go Free Whilly and just eat him?

As a system change, AoAs can be teched fairly quickly, they don't give a knockdown anymore. Which, honestly, is a good thing.