Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tong

[P4U2] Naoto/Shadow Naoto Discussion/Speculation

I'm not sure if any of it stuck to this loketest, but I thought it'd be nice to list some of the previously unmentioned loketest #2 changes. From http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ahiru06081/e/3ad555e372bc9c172edbe24db7c0b8b4

+ 5C dash cancel's static difference reduced.

+ SB Aim has one additional bullet.

+ 4D added. Hikona moves across the screen slower.

+ Venom Zapper has some Head invulnerability.

+ Hamaon has faster startup.

- Removed ability to Counter Shot without catching an attack with furious action.

- Backstep > Air Fangs removed.

- Attack level of shots reduced.

- Aim 6D has SMP?

A few things for loketest #3 were mentioned in another post: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ahiru06081/e/70a8e240298760874f5c3cd2029e4018

* Aim 6D untech time reduced. Can't include as a combo part even on FC. Unusable as a combo ender.

* Untech time on air SB Fangs reduced. No ground pickup after.

* Throw > Dash Cancel removed.

* 5B > Dash Cancel added.

* FC recovery: furious action, backstep, entirety of Aim (unconfirmed)

* 2[C] charge time reduced?

* CH D Megido > 5C > IAD JB JC > 5C > IAD JB JC > 5C doesn’t connect after trying many times. Inserting 2 IADs seems impossible.

Some of those changes are interesting, thanks for the find Kikirin. I don't remember that 5B and 5C dash cancelling being mentioned before, but it seems in line with the other dash cancels they added to other characters. I don't know how useful they'll be in practice, but it's always nice to have more options.

2[C] charge time being faster seems really nice. Maybe it'll be a more effective frame trap now instead of "PLEASE DON'T ROLL ME BRO"

I'm curious as to how much head invul Venom Zapper will have. Will we finally have a real anti-air?!

New 4D could be lulzy. Also Hamaon startup being faster could help a lot with setting it up for mixups.

FC recovery on stuff = :vbang: At first I thought it was a cool idea but now they seem to be tacking it onto everything. I really hope that doesn't make it into the final game.

Double IAD combos gone is somewhat disappointing, but I assume we can still do like a 5C into A or B fang to finish off the combo, or use one of her new routes. I guess they just didn't want the intercontinental corner carry off stray trap hits anymore.

Overall we have a bigger picture of how Naoto will play, and it looks like she's shaping up to be pretty solid (especially since other characters are getting run over by the nerf train...repeatedly). Maybe she'll actually be a character to be respected instead of "please airdash into my face like a shithead". :v:

I tried to decipher more of the content from Ahiru's blog posts, but my Japanese grammar-fu is too weak. :(

If you're interested in looking at half-intelligible snippets, you can take a peek at my Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yBIQ5J1HjP5yfuftDAQWpwvEJpSGM7u_YDdsK3gvZ7I/edit?usp=sharing

A couple highlights:

- SB Pistol super is super sexy. Shadow Naoto can use them in burst-safe shadow berserk corner combo routes that take all the fate counters. Might have enough meter/time leftover for Hama oki.

- j.C hits overhead

A few new things on Omex's google doc:

* SB Gun super is SUPER great

* trap recovery in the air is CH

* seems like Naoto can draw a line in the sand in her neutral now

Nice that Naoto can actually set up a good neutral game now, at least from the loketesters' impressions. Trap recovery in the air being CH state kind of sucks, but she needs to have something to keep her in check now that we can set up a six trap minefield lol.

A couple highlights:

- SB Pistol super is super sexy. Shadow Naoto can use them in burst-safe shadow berserk corner combo routes that take all the fate counters. Might have enough meter/time leftover for Hama oki.

- j.C hits overhead

The news on Shadow Naoto is nice to hear; we've hardly heard anything about her in any of the loketests. I'm totally down for full fate combos that lead into Blue Fire Hamaon mixup lol.

Lololol, jC hitting overhead? Can't wait to pretend to be Mitsuru with instant jC > RC > jC.

Wow, most of Naoto's changes seem pretty stellar compared to the original P4A. Some of the Trap Oki nerfs are going to hurt, but a lot of, if not all of the cast have had the Oki nerfed if not completely removed.

J.C is already an important tool to break in with, so if it hit's overhead now, it's only going to make it much more deadly.

While some of the combo paths from P4A are longer viable, I still feel like this isn't a true nerf because I'm sure new one's will easily be found.

I'm hyped at the idea of an actual Anti Air with Venom Zapper, and the reduced charge time for 2[C] sounds great! Also, imagine all of the combo potential we can get from the SB Pistol Super. We could potentially create high damaging unburstable combos with the combination of Fear and Silence.

I'm pretty hyped for the the Final Product of Naoto.

This character just keeps looking better and better. I'm really glad they're shifting her towards being more focused on traps and IKs, like she was originally intended to be.

But, I have to say: FC recovery on backdash? Really?

But, I have to say: FC recovery on backdash? Really?

Cause we were totally backdashing out of pressure all day in P4A amirite? Lol I'm surprised they didn't give it to like, SB Aim or Awakening super kick.

BZW2IN4CYAApqJd.jpg

Anyways, guess I should probably updated the first post in the info thread here in a bit. :v:

And thanks Kikirin~!

EDIT: Info added, will do more proper formatting after work.

I tried to decipher more of the content from Ahiru's blog posts, but my Japanese grammar-fu is too weak. :(

If you're interested in looking at half-intelligible snippets, you can take a peek at my Google doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yBIQ5J1HjP5yfuftDAQWpwvEJpSGM7u_YDdsK3gvZ7I/edit?usp=sharing

A couple highlights:

- j.C hits overhead

Thanks for helping with the translations dude. Lots of good stuff is in that doc and in Omex's.

j.C hitting overhead is silly as hell and in terms of general balancing, i think its a bad idea to have, but at the same time I think its absolutely wonderful for us to have such a strong tool looolol. Along with SB Gun super, if we can end our combo at just the right time and get some kind of safe jump j.C oki, we'll get a busted Fear 50/50 via fuzzy that will lead until a Fatal starter combo on everyone. The weakness of the current fuzzy we have in P4A is that you never had to stand block j.C, but now you definitely will have to. I have more to say about the other changes, but I thought this was a lulzzy change. I'll post more thoughts about the rest of her changes after class.

A couple highlights:

- j.C hits overhead

lol I really hope this stays on game release. Sounds like fun.

Probably moot with the official release coming up soon, but for the curious, translations on normals, specials, and combo routes are mostly done. A couple new(?) tidbits:

+ 8500 health

+ 5AA is a low-hitting kick.

+ 5C/2C can be canceled into AoA.

= "Safety" (4x) followup of Furious Action is a backstep cancel. Not sure if can be done without catching an attack.

The new bullet gauge system sounds rough. From my understanding, it sounds like bullets are now a resource to be managed, albeit more akin to Orgia meter than Aigis bullets. This does seem to explain the addition of a bullet-less Aim stance attack.

Again, link to it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yBIQ5J1HjP5yfuftDAQWpwvEJpSGM7u_YDdsK3gvZ7I/edit?usp=sharing

Stay tuned for supers and combat impressions.

Edit: With knowledge of the backstep follow-up of Furious Action, this is what one of the fatal counter recovery items should read as. So regular backstep itself isn't that bad for us. :sweatdrop:

Been watching some Naoto footage from the day 1 streams (links keep changing; check out the P4U2 news thread). Naoto looking pretty strong so far.

-EX Gun super is as lulzy as imagined. So many fraud comebacks once she hits Awakening. Naoto fires off the silence shots then blaps the fear shot on them right afterward. Also if the silence shots kill off the opponent, the fear shot won't take away fate counters after they're dead.

-If the traps have more recovery, they don't look like it. They seem exactly like P4A vanilla. I guess they reverted this change for the final version.

-2C special cancel is a trip, Naoto can do a midscreen bnb into 2C > shots.

-New corner combos look weird but kind of cool, also it seems like trap oki is still possible afterwards. The Naoto player I was watching ended a corner combo with C trap and was able to block Labrys's gear super afterward.

-Apparently Venom Zapper actually has pretty good head invul, if you trade with an air attack Naoto might be safe but you may lose a Persona card. I will gladly give up a card for smacking people out of the air and poisoning them though.

-5D is mega fast now like woah. Definitely looks like a more effective zoning tool.

-Airdash > EX trap fastfall is still in.

-Bullet recharge gauge is sadness, but considering the multitude of buffs Naoto got it's manageable. It looks like we'll really have to decide if it's worth it to use the bullets for extra fate or an extended combo since they won't always be available.

-Didn't get to see if jC hits overhead or not.