Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bizarro

Dizzy vs May

Macthup Rating 5.5-4.5 May's favor dear lord i hate this machtup, i've played a mediocre May player who gave me a lot of trouble just because he could loop me off any counter hit or command grab. That shit takes off 50%-70% easy. IMO this machtup has to be played very carefully, IAD too much can net you a counter hit dolphin, and there goes half your life. Thankfully the dolphins are negative on block, all of them,beware thougth because she can use her force break to get off the dolphin and leave herself at severe frame advantege. Be wary of trying to outpoke her is she just used her force breack to jump out of her dolphin, if you think she's goin for her command grab, use a 1 -frame jump and get out of there if she wiffs her command grab you'll have neougth time to land and press your advantege. Did I mention that her command grab is trow invincible frames 1-5, cute rigth:(? Dont try to trow her out of her command grab because you will lose everytime if the May player has any idea what their doing. Once you avoid getting hit by counter-hit dolphins, she's goin to try to tick trow you or use her normals to bait a counter-hit. If she score's a counter hit on the ground most of her normals will stagger wich will make you vulrnable to her command grab. On oki May has several good reversals to you have to be wary of, first of all her whale super is invincible on startup so make sure you wacth her tension. Her dolphins are very dangerous to get hit by because you'll eithir eat a counter hit or you'll get knockdown. Make sure you have a fish nearby you to eat her dolphin if she try's to reversal out of your Oki. Be aware of her cross-ups because her normal wich make's her go donw with the anchor has wicked priority. She also has another normal wich launches into her loop off a normalehit:psyduck:. You can try to establish a normal early but thats always risky beacuse she can alwa's charge partition a dolphin. The safest bet is a carefully timed anti-air, i find 2S to be the most effective, but 6p is good to because of the upper-body invincibility. F.S is risky but its a good reward cause you can combo it straigth to Ice Pike into knockdown. Oh dont forget that she can charge her 6HS to make it into an Overhead and charge her dust to hit low. Overall this machtup is not that bad if you play patiently. May is goin to at all cost land a counter-hit or a command grab to loop you. If you deney those two options you'll force her to use riskeir options like spamming dolphins in order to slap you out of the air. Since their negative on block withouth the force break you dont need to worry about her pressure ring you after you block them. If I miss anything dont hesitate to post up the more info the better.

Against a cornered 50% tension May, icespike > 214K~P > dash > 6H is a good oki to use since the fish will eat her wakeup super instead of you.

Also, if you manage to block any of May's 3Ks (IB not even needed), you will have a HUGE frame advantage to deal a devastating combo. Simply dash > 2H, which will score a counter hit. Here's a great combo: dash > 2H (CH) FRC > 2147K > j.H > (land) > dash > 421 > jump > j.H > 214K ]S[ > j.H > (land) > jump > j.S > JC > j.S > j.D

I still seem to find a lot of trouble dealing with her dolphins, even if they are negative on block. It seems when I try to punish, she just does another dolphin ASAP which will counter my punish attempt. What do you do?

you have to realizy that not all of them are all the same negative they range from negative -9 to -13 combine that with the fact that her dolphins avoids lows she can try another Dolphin but ussually my 5k either punishes the start up of the second dolphin or it doest even come out at all. Its jsut a very stric timing

Ah, what I've been doing is dash > 2K, so I guess that's why a 2nd dolphin usually takes off over my poke. I'll try to remember using 5K from now on.

favorit thing about this match up for me. Dashing over 3K for a 2HS CH combo! yes!!!

Does that work? I seem to recall this May doing 3K after I do H fish, and it would hit me when I dash in after the fish. Can someone confirm this? Or am I doing something wrong? :psyduck:

no as soon as you dash your good. if you stop to block or attack before 3K's recovery you will get hit.

If May has you on oki/blackstring, FDing the first hits will guarantee she is out of range with her command throw unless she dashes in on you

The May I play against either plays a runaway game in the effort to avoid fish/projectile setups and to get some ground to work with or goes full aggro with dolphins in an attempt to get a CH hit>loop or to OHK>loop me. I hate that loop. Most of the damage I cause is off of CH 2H>combo which helps a lot.

dizzy's dash has some retarded "i float like a fairy" concept attached to it where may's 3k is SO low it does under her toes. Yep pretty fucking retarded. Kinda disappointed there isnt more in this section. <may player.

okay so i've decided to start playing GG again an i find the Dizzy thread is dead im very sad, anyways i held a tourney at my house and a May player won. Because of that i've learned one more thing about the macthup, dont try to anti-air her attack that she comes down with the anchor between her legs its hit box is way too big best thing to do is make it whiff/block. May players love to trow that shit out when they get reset(air tech in the air after non-knockdown combo). Also make sure your offense is on point May is at her weakest when she doest have tension, so take initiative and make use you slam her down with plenty of resets/mixups, try to do more ground mixups because of the threath of anti-air dolphins

Do you mean her j.2hs? Dizzy's 2s can beat it. The timing is tricky when May is falling somewhat behind Dizzy, but it's still doable. If you mess it up and May has 25% tension, you will lose like 60% of life (but I'm sure you already know that), but if 2s hits, then it's about 50% for May so the risk/reward factor is not so bad. May's j.s also loses to Dizzy's 2s but you have to do 2s before j.s comes out. Although May's j.s hits deep, her anchor is a part of her hitbox and that hitbox appears before j.s is active, just so you know.

Yea, what woki said. Her j2HS is easily beaten by 2s is you know the timing. But you gotta make sure that you will pull it off. If may is pressuring you and making an immediate j2H from a jump for example, odds are your reaction won't be good enough and your anti-air attempt will be a free CH for may instead. ggs. A few more notes on this matchup: * When May is jumping around and above you, dagger (But don't try to anti-air with it) * Save your tension for those FD blocks and one-frame jumps. You really need it * May rises retardedly fast, so adjust your oki accordingly * Blocked / dashed over 3k is guaranteed 2H CH, don't let her get away with a cheaper punish than that

Do you mean her j.2hs? Dizzy's 2s can beat it. The timing is tricky when May is falling somewhat behind Dizzy, but it's still doable.

If you mess it up and May has 25% tension, you will lose like 60% of life (but I'm sure you already know that), but if 2s hits, then it's about 50% for May so the risk/reward factor is not so bad.

May's j.s also loses to Dizzy's 2s but you have to do 2s before j.s comes out. Although May's j.s hits deep, her anchor is a part of her hitbox and that hitbox appears before j.s is active, just so you know.

im talking about situations where i can't see exactly where i am on the screen and May players tend tech high because for some random reason she floats very high when she techs and whem im on the ground cant see where i am to time and space a perfect anti-air. What im saying is that the reward for her teching and trowing that move out is too high to risk a regular anti- air its better to make it wiff then get hit by it and take half life

In that situation you should throw out a dagger while waiting for her to come down. It really limits her air movement, and there's a chance you get a setup for a bubble loop.

lol thats what i've been trying but i swear to god once the dagger went rigth thru her and i got slapped by the attack, can we just agree that this is character can be very silly when it comes to dealing damage/getting in

I just started using Dizzy again seriously but I have not faced a May yet so I need a lot of match up experiences with her still. I just want to know how you deal with that Sol and Venom match up.

I just started using Dizzy again seriously but I have not faced a May yet so I need a lot of match up experiences with her still. I just want to know how you deal with that Sol and Venom match up.

Maybe you should look in the appropriate threads

Dizzy vs Venom

Dizzy vs Sol

This match up annoys the hell out me... Anyone got any tips to deal with the flying dolphins, and May just rushing in and not caring about your summons.

Use 2S against dolphin stuffs.

On the ground vs rush-in, maybe counter-poke, if May doesn't have a dolphin charged up or is going for OHK stuffs.

Otherwise, block well (use FD for space) and watch for mixup, then counter or evade.

Make note of the ground range distance relative to May in regard to dolphin stuffs.

Yeah, that should help a little. I notice Dizzy's Imperial Ray Overdrive is really useful for stuffing May's rush ins when she's not using Dolphin support.

This match up is probably slightly in May's favor, considering her mobility, and the fact she makes it really hard to summon without worrying about being smacked by dolphins or her oversized anchor.