Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tenj|n

Guilty Gear Vastedge XT concept illustrations and story line thread

I warned you about bearded Johnny man!

I hope that at least the Zappa redesign stays in Xrd, he's way better here, the fact that you can see his bare hips kinda irks me though :v:

niggas need to pull their pants up, Sin's waistband is showing too

Anyway so, now that these are confirmed to be from this pachinko machine... how much information do we have about these machines? When were they announced? When were they released? Are they brand new, are any actually out and playable yet? And if so, what's the play like? Judging by the tweeted photos it seems to have a full storymode of some kind, is there any details about it yet? It seems like it might even be an Xrd story tie-in (very clever; hook the fans up to play and milk the money out of them to make them complete it...).

Like, where do those tweets/pictures that shtkn linked come from? The dates on the tweets are today, so were they literally released today, coincidentally exactly when someone happened to buy the leaked concepts and post them? It seems kinda unreal that they both pop up same day and there's almost no information on them, much less we never heard anything before.

I dug on google.jp to find info on it. All I know is it's made by a company called Dーlight (ディ・ライト) and as of June people were talking about it like a weird rumor. Apparently this is their website: http://d-light777.jp/index.html

The full title is ギルティギア ヴァステッジXT (Guilty Gear Vastege? XT)

I dug on google.jp to find info on it. All I know is it's made by a company called Dーlight (ディ・ライト) and as of June people were talking about it like a weird rumor. Apparently this is their website: http://d-light777.jp/index.html

The full title is ギルティギア ヴァステッジXT (Guilty Gear Vastege? XT)

Vestige maybe? But at least now we have a name, now we just need to group money together so someone can go spend on this game to get through it and tell us about the story/gameplay/etc. :v:

I love both Dizzy's designs but I would prefer her Queen outfit because she's now a mom. I mean, Sin would really, really be uncomfortable seeing his mom in her battle outfit.

As for the rest, I like Zappa and Jam. Johnny looks like a pedo more or is it just me

Sin would really, really be uncomfortable seeing his mom in her battle outfit.

You don't know much about anime do you you?

So the pachinko machine is not out yet, they passed some kind of test not long ago. ASW is going to be mad about this leak, specially because it gives a lot of hints for Xrd.

Thanks for the upload.

So the pachinko machine is not out yet, they passed some kind of test not long ago. ASW is going to be mad about this leak, specially because it gives a lot of hints for Xrd.

Thanks for the upload.

Test? Like a ratings/loketest or do you mean something else? (Did you find/translate some information somewhere about the machine that wasn't posted yet? I've been searching and couldn't find anything...)

And I don't doubt it about it spoiling some Xrd reveals, but to what extent I wonder.

Sweet-ass pirate cat for S+ tier.

Thanks to the OP for sharing this stuff. Even if this art is for the slot/pachinko game animations, I wouldn't mind it in the least if any/all of those designs ended up in Xrd. The only one I straight-up dislike is Johnny; everybody else looks pretty good. I really like snake guy as well. It's possible he's just a one-shot villain for this particular game, but that would be awesome if he did end up being That Man's third lackey.

Translations of the labels on all of the reference sheets:

Sol (ソル)

th_0101_sol_zpsfc1176a6.jpg

N/A [sol, Dragon Install]

th_0102_sol_zps314b634e.jpg

Junkyard (ジャンクヤード)

th_0151_junkyard_zps53fafd20.jpg

N/A [Jam]

th_0201_jam_zps9035549b.jpg

Zappa (ザッパ)

th_0301_zappa_zpsc99f06c0.jpg

Slayer (スレイヤー)

th_0401_slayer_zpse8bc9bfd.jpg

Sin (シン)

th_0501_shin_zps86808c50.jpg

Sin's Flag (シンの旗)

th_0551_flag_zps842b19ad.jpg

Millia (ミリア)

th_0601_millia_zps5d7a0487.jpg

Chipp (チップ)

th_0701_chipp_zpsa8e7d904.jpg

Bridget (ブリジット)

th_0801_bridget_zpsae4e2334.jpg

Roger (ロジャー)

th_0851_roger_zps60d560ca.jpg

Bridget's Yoyo (ブリジットのヨーヨー)

th_0852_yoyo_zps543e3d4d.jpg

May (メイ)

th_0901_may_zpsc85cca4e.jpg

Johnny (ジョニー)

th_1001_johnny_zpsfe94eccf.jpg

That Man (あの男)

th_1101_anootoko_zps72d642d9.jpg

That Man's Arms (あの男の腕)

th_1102_anootoko_zps1f23540c.jpg

That Man's Projectiles (あの男の飛び道具)

th_1151_tobidougu_zps423ada41.jpg

That Man's Summoned Sword and Eye (あの男の召喚剣と目)

th_1152_eye_sword_zps200c6013.jpg

ZT13

th_1201_ZT13_1_zps3529162f.jpg

ZT13

th_1202_ZT13_2_zps2e9a02ac.jpg

Cerberus (ケルベロス)

th_1251_kerberos_zpscb5b4812.jpg

Dizzy (ディズィー)

th_1301_dizzy_zpsa36e600b.jpg

Sealed Dizzy (ディズィー封印)

th_1302_dizzy_zps26e146c8.jpg

Ky (カイ)

th_1401_ky_zps2756d582.jpg

Izuna (イズナ)

th_1501_izuna_zpsc43f3e69.jpg

N/A [Nekomata]

th_1601_nekomata_zps5580df30.jpg

Paradigm (パラダイム)

th_1701_Dr_paladigm_zps93b6a69c.jpg

Fairy (妖精)

th_1751_faily_zpsb1893461.jpg

Large Weapon (大型兵器)

th_5001_oogataheiki_zpsfe73145d.jpg

Bounty Hunter 1 (賞金稼ぎ1)

th_6011_syoukinkasegi_1_zps4c294a7a.jpg

Bounty Hunter 2 (賞金稼ぎ2)

th_6021_syoukinkasegi_2_zps0424c273.jpg

Bounty Hunter 3 (賞金稼ぎ3)

th_6031_syoukinkasegi_3_zps351659a0.jpg

Bounty Hunter 4 (賞金稼ぎ4)

th_6041_syoukinkasegi_4_zpsab2ceb0a.jpg

Senate Mask Reference (元老院マスク参考)

th_6051_genrouin_zpsf4ae86b0.jpg

Small Animal (小動物)

th_6101_syoudoubutsu_zpsf4bc9d12.jpg

Small Animal Patterns (小動物パターン)

th_6102_syoudoubutsu_zps2d8ccbb7.jpg

Senate Soldier (元老院兵士)

th_6201_assassin_1_zps7c2f8905.jpg

Strong Soldier (強兵)

th_6202_assassin_2_zpsdd4c0d3e.jpg

Monster (魔物)

th_6301_mamono_zps19284319.jpg

Sacred Treasure: Flashing Tooth (神器「閃牙」)

th_6401_shinki_zps2912f050.jpg

Ky's Flying Boat (カイの飛行艇)

th_6501_hikoutei_zps9c7909a2.jpg

Ky's Flying Boat (カイの飛行艇)

th_6502_hikoutei_zps59ea600d.jpg

N/A [smoke]

th_7101_smoke_zpsb8efdfc4.jpg

N/A [smoke]

th_7102_smoke_zps94d00590.jpg

Tea (紅茶)

th_7201_cup_zps80b7b269.jpg

N/A [Emoticons]

th_7301_manp_zps816a6266.jpg

N/A [Debris]

th_7401_hahen_zps6ef5c262.jpg

Mob 1 (モブ1)

th_9001_mob_1_zps87ba6456.jpg

Mob 2 (モブ2)

th_9002_mob_2_zps3ff7a5e5.jpg

Mob 3 (モブ3)

th_9003_mob_3_zpse96a15e9.jpg

Mob 4 (モブ4)

th_9004_mob_4_zps1a003611.jpg

Mob 5 (モブ5)

th_9005_mob_5_zps6609d7ad.jpg

Mob 6 (モブ6)

th_9006_mob_6_zpsf807c3b0.jpg

Mob 7 (モブ7)

th_9007_mob_7_zpse924d223.jpg

Mob 8 (モブ8)

th_9008_mob_8_zps86cc4d50.jpg

Mob 9 (モブ9)

th_9009_mob_9_zpsa7f1a3c9.jpg

Mob 10 (モブ10)

th_9010_mob_10_zpsed2b90e3.jpg

Pirate 1 (海賊団1)

th_9101_kaizokudan_1_zps9160ec8e.jpg

Pirate 2 (海賊団2)

th_9102_kaizokudan_2_zpsf03c9838.jpg

Pirate 3 (海賊団3)

th_9103_kaizokudan_3_zps71f86ca4.jpg

Pirate 4 (海賊団4)

th_9104_kaizokudan_4_zpsf62e95be.jpg

Pirate 5 (海賊団5)

th_9105_kaizokudan_5_zpsbdcb8f69.jpg

N/A [Mob 1]

th_9901_mob_1_zpse8bd182e.jpg

N/A [Mob 2]

th_9902_mob_2_zpsa741aa32.jpg

N/A [Colors]

th_9999_iro_zpsc9a5ae2b.jpg

Edit: Rearranged according to filename.

"Senate", huh? I wonder if this refers to the UN Senate... as by the end of Overture, Ky was pretty much about to go to war with them. Will be interesting if this new guy is associated with them, too.

Suzaku, does the word "mob" in this case refer to mafia, or like a mob of angry people?

(Also for what it's worth, in case anyone was wondering:

Pirate 1 = April (obviously)

Pirate 2 = June

Pirate 5 = Janice/Janus

Pirate 4 = Sephy

Pirate 3 = Leap

All JFP that have been around since GGX, of course.)

Hmmm Ky's flying ship has Sin's flag on it haha, is it the flag of Illyria or just Sin's flag?

Also, hmm the Senate soldier has GUNS and that tells a lot since I think they were banned outside Zepp as part of Black Tech. Ky vs government is scary and exciting.

Did the spell Ky use to seal Dizzy the same one he used on Justice? It would be so ironic if it was...

No. It's been a while since I played Overture, but it definitely wasn't the same. Ky sacrificed the Thunderseal to freeze her in time so she wouldn't disappear, while, IIRC, Justice was sealed in an alternate space with an actual spell developed by the Order.

Did the spell Ky use to seal Dizzy the same one he used on Justice? It would be so ironic if it was...

No they're different. The seal on Justice is could be incapacitation or dormancy as Testament referred it freeing her as "revival." Ky also had a team of knights with him when he sealed her. The seal for Dizzy is a time-freeze thing that required the Thunderseal as a sacrifice and Daisuke says Ky didn't know exactly what he did he was just desperate. Makes you think of it... is it possible that the Outrage component of the Thunderseal is compatible with Dizzy because she is also connected to the OutRage? (the magic rings in her feat has the symbol)

Ahhh also, post questions in the story thread here in Zepp Museum, makes things neater.

Small Animals: Winged Chipmunk Creatures in Dizzy's old stage Grove

Fairy: Her name's Assistant Bonnie I believe.

Large Weapon: Looks to be built by Zepp in design (Blacktech?)

Bounty Hunters 1-4: Might be from Bel Canto Valley

Mob 1-10: Seemingly might be extra characters from Axl Low's old London stage (they look familiar)

ZT13/Senator Soldiers/Cerberus: United Nations Enemies?

Pirate 1: April

Pirate 2: June

Pirate 3: Leap

Pirate 4: Sephy

Pirate 5: Janis

Sacred Treasure: Flashing Fang (Senga) is the 5th confirmed OutRage fragment.

I turn my internet off for 24 hours and came back to 7 pages. What have i done? But i'm happy to know this is a worthy contribution :3

Can i ask you to upload original zip file?

Everybody can now knock themselves out.

Ohhhh my god thank you for buying this file, it seemed kinda fishy to me so I wasn't really willing to risk it :S (Plus I'm on Mac so there'd be no guarantee I could run it)

but oh my god everyone... I'm losing it haha

I first noticed it after you mentioned seeing it on Taobao (of all places), showed my friend who recently got into GG and currently high over Xrd, then got pestered to get it since i do Taobao group orders at where i am. My agent also warned me several times of how risky virtual purchases can be but the shop ratings seem legit. So why not? It only costed a little over USD$1.

so apparantly this art is from a GG pachinko/slot machine?

http://pachinkopachisro.com/archives/31919669.html

OH GOD WHY OF ALL THINGS A PACHINKO/ SLOT MACHINE. Now i cannot unsee the mental image of Sol playing pachinko!

Anyway so, now that these are confirmed to be from this pachinko machine... how much information do we have about these machines? When were they announced? When were they released? Are they brand new, are any actually out and playable yet? And if so, what's the play like? Judging by the tweeted photos it seems to have a full storymode of some kind, is there any details about it yet? It seems like it might even be an Xrd story tie-in (very clever; hook the fans up to play and milk the money out of them to make them complete it...).

Like, where do those tweets/pictures that shtkn linked come from? The dates on the tweets are today, so were they literally released today, coincidentally exactly when someone happened to buy the leaked concepts and post them? It seems kinda unreal that they both pop up same day and there's almost no information on them, much less we never heard anything before.

I thought maybe i could go look out for the machine and get some gameplay footage (and play lol) when i'm in Tokyo next month but according to this tweet, it seems like the official release is this November? D:

My next question is how much is Arc Sys involved for this? Did they sell the designs and storyline(!?) to D-Light for commercial use? Or does Arc Sys have a share in this?

EDIT: i left this out in the album, already added it in. It's a note for the coloring.

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af269/crims0nnight/GG%20Illust/000_gg_tga_zpse211f38e.jpg

November huh? So wow, it's not even supposed to be out yet. I wonder how that guy managed to get all those teaser shots of the cab then...

I'm also curious how much involvement Arc has in this, and better yet, how involved this game will be in Xrd itself (I can't imagine it will be that important being that most people won't get to play it, but it might have some really good information pertaining to Xrd. Or maybe it'll just be like a mini-version of what Xrd's story/play is going to be, like a pinball machine version of a movie.)

Or maybe it'll just be like a mini-version of what Xrd's story/play is going to be, like a pinball machine version of a movie.

This is how I would imagine it to be as well, it allows ArcSys to gain additional income on designs and story concepts that they were creating for something else entirely anyway.